Georgia fans have officially lost their minds

Ah. Another passive aggressive post from an uga fan seeking affirmation on an opposing team's board. It is pitiful, actually.

Here's a cookie. Now go away.

Trash program, trash coach, and the most annoying fan base in college football.
What in my post is incorrect?

I thought they have two or three OL going to NFL. Did they skip bowl game?
Yep.
Of there starters
1 transferred here
Cleveland colored outside the lines and is academically ineligible
2 to the NFL
Hill the sole returning guy is a guard playing center rather poorly.

Should be fine though. With a new QB none of them have worked with, an RB 2 years removed from playing, a new TE, 1 returning healthy WR, and they are supposedly changing the system to one Coley (nor any of their staff of players) has seen. I completely get their optimism. It's not rational but it is UGA.

Reactions: Tombo7
I think this is largely a bunch of phooey. There are assistants everywhere all throughout the conference who have coached at 3 or more SEC schools. Hell, Will Muschamp has worked at Florida, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina and the man played at Georgia. That's off the top of my head.

It starts with Saban. You've got 5 head coaches off the top of my head who were Saban assistants (Muschamp, Fisher, Pruitt, Smart and Kiffin). So, that's 6 guys (when you include Saban) that all have lived and worked in the same circles with the same people. Who knows how many assistants in the league there are who have. So, when job openings come up, who do you think they call? That's damn near half the league.

Malzahn and the new Mizzou coach have a history. Coach O and Kiffin have a history. Mullen doesn't seem to have ties to anyone in the league, but Grantham worked for Saban at Michigan State.

It's not an emulating thing as much as it is that you know who you know and you trust who you know.

One of the things that made Spurrier different. The dude literally hired defensive coordinators by looking at the NCAA defensive leaders in the country when a job came open.

Georgia faithful looking for silver lining in apocalyptic week.
I lived in Georgia off and on for a decade plus. The only thing keeping them from being the worst fans in the SEC is Florida. They wave the flags and buy the crap all offseason despite what any casual fan can see is less than ideal and are shocked when they lose the predictable game they shouldn't and get blowout by equal talent. They have Bamas ego and BYUs trophy case.

Everyone that played in the bowl game for the GA line is back next year except for Cade. They will have a great line. QB is their concern.
They only have one returning starter on their offensive line and that will make a huge difference. Georgia will win 8-9 games in 2020 and be in a three way SEC East race with Tennessee and Florida.

Looks like this thread has brought out the ugly in some people. Why do we fans on every side constantly look for a reason to be offended? Asking for my 4 year old.😬😬

Reactions: Smellvin
I lived in Georgia off and on for a decade plus. The only thing keeping them from being the worst fans in the SEC is Florida. They wave the flags and buy the crap all offseason despite what any casual fan can see is less than ideal and are shocked when they lose the predictable game they shouldn't and get blowout by equal talent. They have Bamas ego and BYUs trophy case.

Reminds me of another fan base I know.

Y'all need to drop the trophy case argument. Y'all pick on them for 1980 as if Tennessee is cranking out titles like Alabama. You've got 1998. They've got 1980. And more than likely most of the posters on this board weren't alive to enjoy anything beyond that. I can tell you I know who's got more SEC titles in my lifetime too. And none of theirs came because someone else was on probation either.

Reminds me of another fan base I know.

Y'all need to drop the trophy case argument. Y'all pick on them for 1980 as if Tennessee is cranking out titles like Alabama. You've got 1998. They've got 1980. And more than likely most of the posters on this board weren't alive to enjoy anything beyond that. I can tell you I know who's got more SEC titles in my lifetime too. And none of theirs came because someone else was on probation either.

May God punish the inventor of the AC forever!!!

Alternate Title:

MASS EXODUS: UGA players and coaches seem to like Pruitt better than Kirby as 40 year Anniversary of last title approaches.
Exodus? Are you guys really serious? Does Alabama have a exodus every year? Of course they do but yet they still whip our butts every year. They recruit at the highest level and are able to do so because those recruits are going to be able to make that “exodus“ to the NFL and become millionaires. It’s the reason they go there so they can make it to the next level. Now look at Georgia. We can spin it anyway we want to make us feel better about getting our rear ends kicked by them on the field and in recruiting. But kids go there now knowing they have a great change to go pro and live their dreams. It helps with their recruiting. These kids arent abandoning ship. A lot of research goes into a decision to turn pro. Come signing day ask any of the Georgia players if they regretted going to georgia...none will say they did. No different than Alabama or Clemson players. With the recruiting they have done and continue to do they just reload with talent like Alabama. Our dreams of their demise are premature. They just got a great transfer quarterback and given the talent he will have to work with is going to be dangerous....book it. Truth is we would proud to have the last 3 years georgia has had...hate them or not. They are becoming an elite program along with Alabama and clemson. And dont forget Florida who has made significantly more gains in 2 years that Tennessee

The funny thing is they originally emulated us. Over the last decade they have been playing the way we used to play before we fell off. Strong oline, great running game,with tough defense. They brought up Chaney and Kevin like they werent in Knoxville 1st. Cade was never supposed to be there and neither was Gibbs whom i thought would commit with Warrior. We are going to beat UGA like a drum and i can't wait. We have endured so much bs from these other east schools but now we finally have a level playing field. If we can staighten out this qb situation we could be a force in the near future.
Dude slow the roll I think we are at least 2 years away from beating Georgia 2021 at the earliest certainty not this year in Athens

And Tennessee fans seem awfully excited about a season that included losses to BYU, GA State, losses UGA, UF, and Bama (the only Top 15 teams the Vols played) by an average of nearly 27 points, and a nailbiter-win over Indiana.
At least they all went to a bowl game—what bowl did South Carolina go to?

Exodus? Are you guys really serious? Does Alabama have a exodus every year? Of course they do but yet they still whip our butts every year. They recruit at the highest level and are able to do so because those recruits are going to be able to make that “exodus“ to the NFL and become millionaires. It’s the reason they go there so they can make it to the next level. Now look at Georgia. We can spin it anyway we want to make us feel better about getting our rear ends kicked by them on the field and in recruiting. But kids go there now knowing they have a great change to go pro and live their dreams. It helps with their recruiting. These kids arent abandoning ship. A lot of research goes into a decision to turn pro. Come signing day ask any of the Georgia players if they regretted going to georgia...none will say they did. No different than Alabama or Clemson players. With the recruiting they have done and continue to do they just reload with talent like Alabama. Our dreams of their demise are premature. They just got a great transfer quarterback and given the talent he will have to work with is going to be dangerous....book it. Truth is we would proud to have the last 3 years georgia has had...hate them or not. They are becoming an elite program along with Alabama and clemson. And dont forget Florida who has made significantly more gains in 2 years that Tennessee
No room for NegaVols now the Tennessee is heading back up in the SEC

I hate Georgia but they have elite defense returning too they will lose no more than 1 game again and probaly win the East again
With the transfer quarterback and the elite recruiting this year and the last 3 they are becoming another Alabama...recruit, win, put players in NFL, reload, repeat

The 2020 Georgia team kinda reminds me of our 98 Vols national title team think about it and you will see some interesting comparisons. Lol at the people on here saying Georgia will lose 4 games next season including to us. We are getting wayyyyyyy ahead of ourselves on next season. 8-4 or 9-3 should be the goal for next season and both should be very doable anything less than 8-4 would be a disappointment we should’ve went 10-3 this season.

Reactions: Dawgoutofwater
tenor.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back