Doug Matthews says more offensive staff changes expected

I hope if it's anything...it is this one:
Will Friend - Offensive Line

This is still a head case for me. Honestly, I thought Friend was a grand slam hire at his position. I had really really high expectations for him... I guess I will just have to trust that Pruitt knows what he is doing.

Reactions: JPVol62
Only Weinke leaves. He is the only one who's contract is up at the end of the year and I don't see us letting Nields leave. Chaney and Tee not going anywhere. Plus we haven't seen the recruiting boost we thought we would see with Weinke.

If Weinke does in fact leaves, it gives CJP some flexibility bc we can add another defensive coach (if we want to) and let Chaney be the QB coach. But Enos is available and did a great job as QB coach with Bama.

The head coach plays as much of a factor as any in retaining high quality assistant coaches. Jeremy Pruitt has done a great job of hiring and retaining assistant coaches.

Reactions: JT3
Are you sure about that? I can’t remember seeing or hearing any practice reports from the Fulmer years as an OL coach, can you?

It was all over the internet. Lol.

"Everything on the internet is true"

~Abe Lincoln

I never understood Tee coaching the WR's. Was it because that position was open at SC; and Tee was wanted more as a recruiter than a Position Coach?
That's where a lot of his early coaching experience got started, and he had a positive track record coaching receivers. QBs often throw to receivers, so there is some correlation with the coaching of the position.

ME simmer down? It appears that you are the heated one. I'm very cool. And it was Obvious to SOME on here that Chaney had to help with the Oline; because it wasn't happening with Friend. Sorry to rattle your cage so early.
I never understood Tee coaching the WR's. Was it because that position was open at SC; and Tee was wanted more as a recruiter than a Position Coach?
Fulmer never needed help---------Just saying.
I just wish your knowledge of football matched the level your handle did. Maybe better interaction would be possible.

I just wish your knowledge of football matched the level your handle did. Maybe better interaction would be possible.

Hey Buddy; I know more Tennessee Football that most everyone on here. I knew Ken Donahue personally. Had many conversations with Cutcliffe. Larry Marmie, CPF, and Peyton Manning. So just shaddup. (Unless you've got more than that)

Hey Buddy; I know more Tennessee Football that most everyone on here. I personally knew Ken Donahue. Had many conversations with Cutcliffe. Larry Marmie, CPF, and Peyton Manning. So just shaddup. (Unless you've got more than that)
Hard to believe the name drops based on your comments. anyone can say they had conversations. "Hi there, you the man" shouted from a crowd could count as that. That makes your comments even more pathetic if it is true.

Hey Buddy; I know more Tennessee Football that most everyone on here. I knew Ken Donahue personally. Had many conversations with Cutcliffe. Larry Marmie, CPF, and Peyton Manning. So just shaddup. (Unless you've got more than that)
I keep forgetting that I don't have to actually deal with inane conversations. Thanks again, Freak.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Hard to believe the name drops based on your comments. anyone can say they had conversations. "Hi there, you the man" shouted from a crowd could count as that. That makes your comments even more pathetic if it is true.

Whatever. Jealousy is a powerful emotion. Everything I said I did; and more. That was just short notice. YOU called me out. So suck it up. You are; well you know who you are. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Are you sure about that? I can’t remember seeing or hearing any practice reports from the Fulmer years as an OL coach, can you?

Actually YES. I remember when Fulmer was coaching Oline at VANDY! He was then considered one of the best in the Country. Why must you troll my posts? WRITE YOUR OWN! Hail far.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don't care if Niedermeyer leaves, he's done nothing to impress.
giphy.gif

Tee isn’t going no where.

I don’t know about Neids.
Neids, Sherrer, and Friend are as here as long as Pruitt’s here. Chaney loves it here. Ansley would only leave for a HC opportunity. Tee for an OC opportunity. That leaves Weinke, Rocker, and Rumph. I haven’t heard anything about Rumph going anywhere. Hubbs says Weinke is more valuable to the coaches than the fans let on. So my money is on Rocker simply due to him not enjoying the recruiting aspect of the job.

Reactions: spyfish007
Hubbs says Weinke is more valuable to the coaches than the fans let on.

That's also why it might be Weinke leaving. I think he'll have some opportunities.

One issue we might have with some of these really good assistants on offense is that there might not be a path to promotion. Chaney is a career OC and wants to stay here. Tee Martin appears to be next in line as far as things go; he has OC experience at a P5 school and he's highly regarded. So where does that leave guys like Weinke and (before he left) Johnson?

I think Weinke is underrated on these boards, but that also might be why some other coaches try to lure him away.

Reactions: Volfansince1980

VN Store

Back