Doug Matthews says more offensive staff changes expected

I don't see any reason Weinke would be retained personally. He hasn't done anything to speak of recruiting wise that I'm aware of, and we all saw JG's development or lack there off under his coaching. What exactly has he done, contributed? Anyone know??

Reactions: posivol
What a convincing argument. You’re really making your point.
Thanks for that. Those "Hello mrs. Jones or Mrs Dooley or Mrs Saban , etc" etc statements are some of the most inane, stupid statements that could be made . They totally trash otherwise reasonable entries and need to be called out.

Rocker and Weinke have contracts that run out at the end of the month (so did David Johnson). Seems like they would have been extended by now if Pruitt intended to keep them on board.
If you lose Weinke, Rocker, Johnson then. Bring in Jay Graham and Tosh Loupi to replace these two. Both are good recruiters. Give the QBs coach to either Tee or Chaney.

Reactions: posivol
If they want to get Tosh Lupoi better make moves soon, because he's been interviewing with multiple NFL teams for D-Line coach

Reactions: tbones0711
I've been surprised at how Friends coaching abilities have improved since blue chip players have arrived. I don't know how he's done it, but he is.

It happens at all levels Saban couldn't coach a lick per Miami Dolphins fans , then he got to pick his players versus drafting order. Now he is the Goat

Reactions: livefaith
We are signing good OL and the ones on campus are improving noticeably. Not sure why we would mess with that at the most developmental position in football.

WELL, splain why Chaney had to get involved in coaching the OLINE? That was reported during many of Fingers' practice threads.

If they want to get Tosh Lupoi better make moves soon, because he's been interviewing with multiple NFL teams for D-Line coach
He's also been mentioned as a DC for Mississippi State but that may have went out the window when Joe Judge got offered the Giants job.

WELL, splain why Chaney had to get involved in coaching the OLINE? That was reported during many of Fingers' practice threads.
Chaney doesn’t coach a position like most OCs, therefore he is able to help wherever. He has expertise with OL so why wouldn’t he work with them? It’s the largest position group so it demands more attention. Do you think JC worked with the QBs any? Is it his fault they were inconsistent? Simmer down...

Reactions: tbones0711
Happens a lot. The two were switching out coaching the tackles versus the interior. Different skill sets needed and Chaney felt it needed more specialized coaching during the fundamental phases of practice. No one knows what happened during the closed parts of practice.

Tee Martin might still be in play at Ole Miss

Tee Martin might still be in play at Ole Miss
Meh...Article says he isn't leaving for a lateral move. Don't see a power 5 team offering him an OC job. A reporter once asked him at UK a question about a problem they were having with receivers and his response was"i don't know..i've never played the position".

Thanks for that. Those "Hello mrs. Jones or Mrs Dooley or Mrs Saban , etc" etc statements are some of the most inane, stupid statements that could be made . They totally trash otherwise reasonable entries and need to be called out.
Thank you Mrs. Ratliff.

Reactions: Billy Ratliff
Chaney doesn’t coach a position like most OCs, therefore he is able to help wherever. He has expertise with OL so why wouldn’t he work with them? It’s the largest position group so it demands more attention. Do you think JC worked with the QBs any? Is it his fault they were inconsistent? Simmer down...

ME simmer down? It appears that you are the heated one. I'm very cool. And it was Obvious to SOME on here that Chaney had to help with the Oline; because it wasn't happening with Friend. Sorry to rattle your cage so early.

Meh...Article says he isn't leaving for a lateral move. Don't see a power 5 team offering him an OC job. A reporter once asked him at UK a question about a problem they were having with receivers and his response was"i don't know..i've never played the position".

I never understood Tee coaching the WR's. Was it because that position was open at SC; and Tee was wanted more as a recruiter than a Position Coach?

Happens a lot. The two were switching out coaching the tackles versus the interior. Different skill sets needed and Chaney felt it needed more specialized coaching during the fundamental phases of practice. No one knows what happened during the closed parts of practice.

Fulmer never needed help---------Just saying.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Uhhhh.... no brainer.

Will Friend, there's the door.

(1) The GA Tech game. Conveyor belt substitutions. Simply inexcusable; and

(2) OL Grade for the year (113 out of 130 teams). Really?!? Alot more talented than this.

113. TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS
Highest-graded player: OG Trey Smith – 77.7 (14th)
Without Smith, the Volunteers' overall grades plummet and look just downright awful on the offensive line. Collectively, they ranked 124th in pass-blocking grade and 76th in run-blocking grade, all but undoing a great season by Smith, who finished as the 14th highest-graded guard in the country.

VN Store

Back