kamoshika

1578538567271.png

Tyler Jeffries, Alcoa, Offensive Tackle - 247Sports
Tyler Jeffries, 2023 Offensive guard - Rivals.com
  • Freshman OG/DT @ Greenback HS, Greenback, TN
  • 6-5, 285
  • 305 BP
  • 5.2 40

Offered by Mississippi State in October. Started several games as an 8th grader last year. Only freshman named to any TSWA all-state team this year; made that team (Class 1A) as on off. lineman but also excelled @ DT (78 tackles, 7.5 TFL).

1578539367680.png

“Obviously, when the guys come in to recruit Derrell or Holden (Willis) or Braden Carnes or whoever, they always ask us about any underclassmen,” Ryan said. “Well, of course, Bubba’s the first one always mentioned when it comes to underclassmen. From that point on, people really just took an interest and they saw a kid that’s very flexible, and they saw a kid that’s 6-foot-4, 280 (pounds) as an eighth-grader, so that will spark anyone’s interest when you tell them he’s super physical, flexible, he’s getting better every day, he’s got good feet — the whole nine yards. All these teams, such as Oklahoma, Clemson, South Carolina, Mississippi State ... they’re interested in forming a relationship with Bubba because they know he’s going to be a prospect.”

Ryan believes the offers will stack up by the time Jeffries is a senior. "He went to Oklahoma, and they thought really highly of him...He went to Clemson, and the offensive line coach over there called me and said, ‘Hey, just keep his head on straight, and he needs to keep working on his footwork and he’s going to mature, but he’s definitely somebody that we’re interested in.’ Then he went to Tennessee, and they thought the same thing about him. Bubba’s definitely got a very bright future. It’s hard to talk about the future because he’s still just a freshman ...it’s not like a normal kid that you’re talking about.”
Greenback lineman making big impact

Last edited:
This kid is a beast, period. I can’t ever remember seeing a kid this young play like he does at any level, his size and speed is legit as a freshman. Going to be fun watching him play ball the 3 years.

Not that it matters and I don’t want to start a never ending debate but 5.2 is pretty good for OL I’d think
I'd say so. If this kid never got any faster and gained all the muscle and weight that comes with a big time college S&C program, he'd still have a respectable 40 time for a guy his size. Pretty remarkable for a kid his age.

View attachment 252923

• Freshman OG/DT @ Greenback HS, Greenback, TN
  • 6-5, 285
  • 305 BP
  • 5.2 40

Offered by Mississippi State in October. Started several games as an 8th grader last year. Only freshman named to TSWA all-state team (1A) this year; named to that team as on off. lineman but also excelled @ DT (78 tackles, 7.5 TFL).

View attachment 252925

“Obviously, when the guys come in to recruit Derrell or Holden (Willis) or Braden Carnes or whoever, they always ask us about any underclassmen,” Ryan said. “Well, of course, Bubba’s the first one always mentioned when it comes to underclassmen. From that point on, people really just took an interest and they saw a kid that’s very flexible, and they saw a kid that’s 6-foot-4, 280 (pounds) as an eighth-grader, so that will spark anyone’s interest when you tell them he’s super physical, flexible, he’s getting better every day, he’s got good feet — the whole nine yards. All these teams, such as Oklahoma, Clemson, South Carolina, Mississippi State ... they’re interested in forming a relationship with Bubba because they know he’s going to be a prospect.”

Ryan believes the offers will stack up by the time Jeffries is a senior. "He went to Oklahoma, and they thought really highly of him...He went to Clemson, and the offensive line coach over there called me and said, ‘Hey, just keep his head on straight, and he needs to keep working on his footwork and he’s going to mature, but he’s definitely somebody that we’re interested in.’ Then he went to Tennessee, and they thought the same thing about him. Bubba’s definitely got a very bright future. It’s hard to talk about the future because he’s still just a freshman ...it’s not like a normal kid that you’re talking about.”
Greenback lineman making big impact

Don't you realize that, according to many posters on this board, no player playing on a class 1 player has a chance to play foorball for a power 5 school. Just like Willis, he has the right stuff and should be an outstanding football player anywhere he wants to play.

I wonder how big this kid is by the time he is 18. I don't even know of a kid that size in 8th grade in all my 42 years. Has he been held back 4 years in a row or something? Let's hope he is the next Doug Atkins, and ends up at UT.

This kid is a beast, period. I can’t ever remember seeing a kid this young play like he does at any level, his size and speed is legit as a freshman. Going to be fun watching him play ball the 3 years.

He's a terrific prospect, no doubt. FWIW, as a freshman @ Knox Catholic in 2014, Cade Mays was also listed at 6-5, 285. Comparing Mays' freshman highlights to Jeffries', both show an aggressive, relentless approach as blockers who seem to take pleasure in destroying folks. But at least at this point, Jeffries doesn't quite match the level of "nastiness" that Mays showed even as a freshman. As Catholic head coach Steve Matthews once said, "If anyone was nastier than him, they'd be a criminal."

Hopefully during the rest of his HS career he’ll receive the coaching, training, and developmental attention he needs for the next level. He’s plenty physical enough.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I remember a class with Bubba Trammel. The professor said what’s your real name. He said Bubba, the professor said what’s on your birth certificate. He said Bubba, the professor said I’ll just shut up. Lol

Reactions: tntar heel
Don't you realize that, according to many posters on this board, no player playing on a class 1 player has a chance to play foorball for a power 5 school. Just like Willis, he has the right stuff and should be an outstanding football player anywhere he wants to play.

Tell 'em Bituli was a single A player to shut 'em up.

VN Store

Back