Cade Mays enters the transfer portal [transferring to Tennessee per ESPN]

This is IMO more fall out at Athens from losing Chaney & Pittman. Lots of kids down there had a relationship with those guys and not Kirby. Once those two guys left those kids are looking around and thinking, "WTH am I doing here?" C'mon home Cade.

I get the feeling this isn’t the last of the UGA issues. Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking, but I suspect there is a lot going on behind the scenes in Athens.

Reactions: joevol33
I dont know why some are thunking Cade isnt a good OL. Dude played every position on the OL for UGA.

Yeah, that's insane. He played 25 games, with 18 starts, for Georgia in the last two seasons as Georgia went 23-5 (and 14-2 SEC) and won the SEC East twice. He was named to both Freshman All-SEC and Freshman All-American teams after the 2018 season. And he was also co-winner of the Charley Trippi Award for versatility (apparently a team award) at the end of this season. He's played all five O-line positions for Georgia, as well as some tight end. If Trey isn't back next year, and Cade gets a waiver, he may well be our best offensive lineman next season!

Go Vols!!!

Yeah, that's insane. He played 25 games, with 18 starts, for Georgia in the last two seasons as Georgia went 23-5 (and 14-2 SEC) and won the SEC East twice. He was named to both Freshman All-SEC and Freshman All-American teams after the 2018 season. And he was also co-winner of the Charley Trippi Award for versatility (apparently a team award) at the end of this season. He's played all five O-line positions for Georgia, as well as some tight end. If Trey isn't back next year, and Cade gets a waiver, he may well be our best offensive lineman next season!

Go Vols!!!
Is there any basis for a waiver? That sounds like a stretch.

Depending on what we hear tomorrow, and what could happen with a Cade Mays appeal, 2020 could be:

Wanya Morris - LT
Trey Smith - LG
Brandon Kennedy - C
Cade Mays - RG
Darnell Wright - RT

With Jerome Carvin and K'Rojhn Calbert filling in when needed, and young Cooper Mays red-shirting.

I don't think it gets any better than that, in the nation. Not just SEC...nation.
There's a bunch of really good looking OL's on this team. You named 7 that anyone would love to have.... and there's talent behind them.

That would be a "star" studded OL. Four 5* and a 4*, right?

RTI podcast just went into a good talk about Mays. Both guys said they believe Mays will get immediate eligibility to play.

LT- Morris
LG- Smith
C- Kennedy
RG-Mays
RT- Wright

This is a very legit chance to be our starting OL in 2020.

Go Vols!!!

I would welcome cade back to knoxville but throwing this out there... He got abused but the baylor d-line.

Gotta imagine he's either going to Tennessee or Arkansas. I like our odds!
I was able to play some competitive sports with my younger brother, it was great. I never had to guess what he might or might not do. I knew his strengths and his weaknesses and we were able to do well together (soccer).

RTI podcast just went into a good talk about Mays. Both guys said they believe Mays will get immediate eligibility to play.

LT- Morris
LG- Smith
C- Kennedy
RG-Mays
RT- Wright

This is a very legit chance to be our starting OL in 2020.
Mays will probably end up a tackle.

VN Store

Back