'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Tea Leaves from AP seem to be Cade may be travelling up I75 after Spring Ball or sometime in the Summer. If Cade can truly graduate in May or maybe in the early part of the Summer session you have to like our chances here. Pittman is gone, they're going to keep him at OG given his latest performance at Tackle. IF he comes here and Trey does come back next year, which all seems to be the Scuttle from VQ...TN will likely have the best OL in the SEC (Morris, Smith, Kennedy, Wright & Mays).

Tea Leaves from AP seem to be Cade may be travelling up I75 after Spring Ball or sometime in the Summer. If Cade can truly graduate in May or maybe in the early part of the Summer session you have to like our chances here. Pittman is gone, they're going to keep him at OG given his latest performance at Tackle. IF he comes here and Trey does come back next year, which all seems to be the Scuttle from VQ...TN will likely have the best OL in the SEC (Morris, Smith, Kennedy, Wright & Mays).
What tea leaves?

Reactions: quadlee21
AP be like...
giphy.gif

......Vol.

I think it was explained earlier in this thread that Mays would not be a graduate transfer. If he was to transfer here next year and play immediately it would be because of a waiver request granted by the NCAA. I have doubts this will happen now because Mays has not entered the transfer portal yet.

Let's be honest, getting Cade Mays would be a huge boost to the O-line regardless of Trey staying or not. He has always projected as a RT in the NFL who can also play G. He would shore up the issue of Wright's inexperience and could start at RT. He could also flex into G as needed if Wright takes a step forward.

If AP indicates there's a shot at this - make it happen.

VN Store

Back