'20 DE Quincy Roche (Grad Transfer)

he's another one that flashed. Emerson too.

i mean, really, there's not a whole lot you shouldn't be excited about with this defense for next year.

and we get Gooden back.........

replacing bituli is a big deal, but i'm betting on Tootoo to fill in nicely.

the rest of the LB's have to get filled out....crouch, JJP, who's #13 again?, and all the new guys coming in...plus maybe you get Banks back, move Beasely in.......

who knows.

but i like "the bones" of the defense a lot......
Yep. Gonna be fun.

yeah, if you're talking less than 10 carries a year, and in specialized sitautions like we've done, sure that's fine. but i'm more excited to see what he does with another year in the system at LB. JJP too. he didn't do anyting spectactular...but maybe he got a little bump in the confidence department this year....
I don't remember JJP doing anything wrong when he was in this year, just didn't need him all that much. We know these defensive coaches can develop. I would be surprised if he doesn't make a leap this year.

Reactions: orangejuice
I don't remember JJP doing anything wrong when he was in this year, just didn't need him all that much. We know these defensive coaches can develop. I would be surprised if he doesn't make a leap this year.
haha, i think that may be more important than anything else in regards to him...that he didn't stand out...for good or BAD...is a good thing.

things are looking up!

Reactions: Sleegro
Looking at the big picture here Pruitts system is by far the most complex we’ve run at Tennessee. These guys may have taken some time to get it down but they’re coming around. Defense at Tennessee should be really fun to watch in the coming years

Apparently you had to have a degree from Oxford to run Dave Clawson’s offense... Fulmer would know.

Random, but I think we should using QC like we have been. Kind of reminds of Jabrill Peppers....playing both sides of the ball and what not.

Yes I know they play two different positions and do different things. I’m just talking about the way they used them I guess.
Crouch and Gray at RB would just be.... wow

Reactions: Type Orange+
yeah, Sham, Thompson and Taylor all had multiple sacks this year.

our pass rush did get better from the front 7 as the year went on, but i do think that was at least in part due to the fact that we showed to be effective at getting pressure from multiple spots, so there was something else to account for....and sometimes that little bit of hesitation will allow the Dl or a LB to get home.

not a bad thing. it's good schemeing/coaching. cause we don't have (out side Taylor) a true pass rusher that can just go get the QB......
Shoutout to the secondary. Plenty of coverage sacks/pressures sprinkled in there too.

Looking at the big picture here Pruitts system is by far the most complex we’ve run at Tennessee. These guys may have taken some time to get it down but they’re coming around. Defense at Tennessee should be really fun to watch in the coming years
It didn't hit till the Miss St game when I finally thought, "there's that Pruitt defense". It rolled over another 7 games. Expect nothing but typical Pruitt defense from here on out, barring some excusable hiccups.

Reactions: FïreBall
Really like this kid, but it sounds like North Carolina, MIAMI or Baylor are the most likely destinations.

VN Store

Back