Def. Cord D.ansley will be top target for bama def. Cord. Position

You made it sound like Muschamp took a DC position straight to coach in waiting at Texas...merely debunked that. Does working under Saban get you notice and put you in line for better jobs...yeah? It’s not what you built it up to be tho. You need a fleshed out resume to land a P5 job and there’s no “countless” examples of fasttracking under Saban. Nothing Ansley does at Bama would get him there faster than under Pruitt. HE as in Ansley has progressed to this level under the several different coaches he’s worked under. Jewels shine when they’re clean.

And I disagree. Again, coordinators at non elite Power 5 schools (which we are currently) rarely get a power 5 HC offer (unless it's from their alma mater). Generally speaking, it's the elite teams that have their coordinators poached for HC jobs. Now sure, his ability to coach isn't necessarily going dramatically improve working under Saban, but certainly he's more likely to grab the attention of a major program if he succeeds. Let's remember that Tosh Lupoi has only been a DC for one season and had his named crop up for the job opening at Colorado before taking the Browns job (not saying he was offered, but there was rumors of interest).

Reactions: IamScaredOfTrees
It's a revolving door because coaches keep getting offered better jobs. Hopefully we can keep him, but there's most certainly incentive for him to leave, especially if he has HC aspirations.
Remind me why we had to hire a new OC? What is his current position?

That would be Pruitt. But this jay guy tweeted it just thought what you guys and gals thought...I dont believe ansley would leave to be with satan...he is Pruitt's dude
Bill%2BSaluga_45_back.jpg

If true, were I Fulmer and the AD, I would try to do everything in my power to get him to stay. If not for his talent and coaching ability alone, then for stability within our coaching department. Keep this core group of guys together if at all possible, unless there are legitimate reasons for letting someone go.

Regarding coaching, continuity goes a long way in college football
Exactly, that is a MAJOR reason Clemson is where they are.

If true, were I Fulmer and the AD, I would try to do everything in my power to get him to stay. If not for his talent and coaching ability alone, then for stability within our coaching department. Keep this core group of guys together if at all possible, unless there are legitimate reasons for letting someone go.

Regarding coaching, continuity goes a long way in college football
It can, but not always. That probably has helped Clemson remain highly competitive, but turnover at Alabama isn't a new phenomenon. Saban's offensive staffs have always been a revolving door. He did have Kirby as his longtime DC, but the assistants underneath Kirby had a bunch of turnover.

Perhaps the turnover is getting kind of excessive now to a point where it is negatively effecting them, but coaching staff changes have always been a constant since Saban got there. The only constants during this dynasty have been Saban and Scott Cochran.

And I disagree. Again, coordinators at non elite Power 5 schools (which we are currently) rarely get a power 5 HC offer (unless it's from their alma mater). Generally speaking, it's the elite teams that have their coordinators poached for HC jobs. Now sure, his ability to coach isn't necessarily going dramatically improve working under Saban, but certainly he's more likely to grab the attention of a major program if he succeeds. Let's remember that Tosh Lupoi has only been a DC for one season and had his named crop up for the job opening at Colorado before taking the Browns job (not saying he was offered, but there was rumors of interest).
Never heard Lupoi’s name brought up at Colorado, so I’ll call bunk pending...irregardless he didn’t land it. McElwain jumped for non P5 Colorado State. So we’re down to native son Kirby at UGA and Fulmer being impressed by Pruitt’s interviews after both had been with Bama pretty much from the beginning of Saban’s time there. Two for those who are counting.

Never heard Lupoi’s name brought up at Colorado, so I’ll call bunk pending...irregardless he didn’t land it. McElwain jumped for non P5 Colorado State. So we’re down to native son Kirby at UGA and Fulmer being impressed by Pruitt’s interviews after both had been with Bama pretty much from the beginning of Saban’s time there. Two for those who are counting.

I remember reading it on 247 or Rivals. I'll look for it. It's a bit more tedious of a task on my phone though. I'm sure if you google Tosh Lupoi and Colorado something will pop up.

Im gonna say this and on spot most wont agree until they actually think about it, but Ansley isn't that good of a d-coordinator. def a good db coach, but several times after the start of games ive seen him by himself only for then after a couple of scores pruitt next to him and the defense get way better. Ansley's best bet is to stay under pruitt and ride it out at least another 3 years before trying to venture out on his own running pruitt's style of defense! And this may be because its new to him, but it is what it is!

Reactions: preacherwebb
I remember reading it on 247 or Rivals. I'll look for it. It's a bit more tedious of a task on my phone though. I'm sure if you google Tosh Lupoi and Colorado something will pop up.
This did.
Interest in Colorado
This is tricky. Tosh was not brought up by anyone in the CU or national media until last week. There were whispers and rumors that he put his name forward for the job, rather than CU contacting him. Either way, the names are connected now. And once I thought about it, it’s a pretty natural fit. I’ll play it safe and say that he is not too interested,

One has to wonder....... will Little Nickey stay at Alabama longer than Pruitt stays in Knoxville? At some point soon players and coaches will begin to consider how long Little Nickey has left. IMHO it will not be long, as I make it a point to mention to every Bammer that I encounter" Lost three games in 2019, the Tide is going out"
Also it seems a man of his age getting so crazy upset over mistakes could stroke out at anytime. I’m not wishing that on him, but it’s a real thing. It doesn’t take much of a lip reader to see he looses his religion pretty easy.

Also it seems a man of his age getting so crazy upset over mistakes could stroke out at anytime. I’m not wishing that on him, but it’s a real thing. It doesn’t take much of a lip reader to see he looses his religion pretty easy.

Saban is 68. His transition plan fell apart and the revolving door on staff is taking its toll. He’s trying to hire older coaches that want to stay at Alabama for 4-5 years and provide some program stability.

Nick will be out in 2 years. He’s had enough but recognizes that his real legacy is what the next coach does. I think that’s his frustration ... he wants to go out on top but ... it’s getting harder and harder. Will be interesting to watch.

Nick Saban’s Coaching Tree
  • Kirby Smart (Alabama): Georgia HC
  • Jimbo Fisher (LSU): Texas A&M HC, Florida State HC (2010-17)
  • Jeremy Pruitt (Alabama): Tennessee HC
  • Will Muschamp (LSU): South Carolina HC, Florida HC (2011-14)
  • Mark Dantonio (Michigan State): Michigan State HC
  • Derek Dooley (LSU): Missouri OC, Tennessee HC (2010-12), Louisiana Tech HC (2007-09)
  • Jim McElwain (Alabama): Central Michigan HC, Florida HC (2015-17) Colorado State HC (2012-14)
  • Lane Kiffin (Alabama): Ole Miss HC, Florida Atlantic HC (2017-19)
  • Bobby Williams (Michigan State): Oregon ST, Michigan State HC (1999-2002)
  • Jason Garrett (Dolphins): Dallas Cowboys HC
  • Dan Quinn (Dolphins): Atlanta Falcons HC
  • Mike Mularkey (Dolphins): Tennessee Titans HC (2016-17)
  • Adam Gase (LSU): New York Jets HC
  • Pat Shurmur (Michigan State): New York Giants HC
  • Major Applewhite (Alabama): Houston HC (2016-18)
  • Mario Cristobal (Alabama): Oregon HC
  • Mike Locksley (Alabama): Maryland HC
  • Billy Napier (Alabama): Louisiana HC
  • Geoff Collins (Alabama): Georgia Tech HC
  • Curt Cignetti (Alabama): James Madison HC
  • Michael Haywood (LSU): Texas Southern HC (2016-18)
That's a whole lotta good HCs for Saban's tree not to be "impressive."
Kiffin was a head coach for 3 teams before taking the OC job. Not sure he really counts as a Saban disciple

VN Store

Back