Lady Vols - 21 Turnovers (Kentucky 28 Points off Turnovers)

Spook1

Ancient Vol
The "turnovers" cost the Lady Vols the game with Kentucky with 21 "turnovers" with Kentucky scoring 28 points off those "turnovers". We will lose more unless Coach Harper addresses the "turnover" situation. She should institute the Rick Barnes method to stop or cut them down. With Barnes in practice, a player committing a "turnover" must make a fast walk from the floor to the top of the arena and back...that gets attention and concentration quickly. The Lady Vols were worse on turnovers last year and almost as bad this year. Just 25% less of the Lady Vol "turnovers" would have won the game with points to spare. Keep in mind that the defense of the Kentucky team is the sole responsibility of Kyra Elzy. Thee defense and pursuit of the ball probably caused some of the turnovers too. We just do not have ball security.

Last edited:
Her game plan to slow down Howard sure worked great, Al Brown is working for free right?

Supposedly Al Brown is "retained" as a personal consultant to Coach Harper. He deals strictly with Coach Harper only. He cannot have contact with the players. Supposedly, he will do a lot of scouting of opponents with suggestions to Harper. The pay arrangement has not been revealed.

Did I hear 37 points for Howard?!
We have played three good teams and we are 0 and 3. We haven't beaten anyone this year that is considered a good team and struggled against some of the bad ones at times. Coach Landers stated that we have some of the test talent in the SEC. I am not pointing fingers but would like to know what everyone thinks

If I remember correctly, Tn did not offer Howard.
We have played three good teams and we are 0 and 3. We haven't beaten anyone this year that is considered a good team and struggled against some of the bad ones at times. Coach Landers stated that we have some of the test talent in the SEC. I am not pointing fingers but would like to know what everyone thinks

These girls are having to learn how to be a team a d play for each other and not themselves. They are getting better or they wouldn't have been able to fight back with a chance to win today.

We have played three good teams, and WE have beaten ourselves in TWO. Kentucky won from freshman first experience with home cooking SEC calls, which is how it is, against Texas we just couldn't buy a bucket and were far superior to them in that game.

The "turnovers" cost the Lady Vols the game with Kentucky with 21 "turnovers" with Kentucky scoring 28 points off those "turnovers". We will lose more unless Coach Harper addresses the "turnover" situation. She should institute the Rick Barnes method to stop or cut them down. With Barnes in practice, a player committing a "turnover" must make a fast walk from the floor to the top of the arena and back...that gets attention and concentration quickly. The Lady Vols were worse on turnovers last year and almost as bad this year. Just 25% less of the Lady Vol "turnovers" would have won the game with points to spare. Keep in mind that the defense of the Kentucky team is the sole responsibility of Kyra Elzy. Thee defense and pursuit of the ball probably caused some of the turnovers too. We just do not have ball security.
Hey Spook!

and for the love of pete, why is tennessee subbing in harris and mccoy?? they had no business being in this game..harris is constantly out of position, fouls repeatedly, takes ill advised shots she has no business taking..why is saunders not being utilized..she is clearly better than those two

Love our Lady Vols, but I cannot understand how any player can make the lazy, ridiculous passes our girls make routinely.

They either have bad eyesight, or they are simply too lazy to make crisp passes. They can be looking at our player with an opposing player right beside them, and then go ahead and make a lazy pass right into the hands of the opponent.

We could have had a beatdown of Ky, except we seemed to try to give the game away time and after time with those stupid passes.

And combine that with us basically standing and watching opposing players shoot open 3's is a mystery.

We have a better team than Ky, but we simply did not play smart at all.

Carelessness with the Ball did cost them. And Jordan and Key now will have an understanding how it is on the road. Jordan early in 3rd missed several easy shots that cost us dearly. So after all the bad to still have a chance to win is a positive of the fight. Sure miss Zay.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Love our Lady Vols, but I cannot understand how any player can make the lazy, ridiculous passes our girls make routinely.

They either have bad eyesight, or they are simply too lazy to make crisp passes. They can be looking at our player with an opposing player right beside them, and then go ahead and make a lazy pass right into the hands of the opponent.

We could have had a beatdown of Ky, except we seemed to try to give the game away time and after time with those stupid passes.

And combine that with us basically standing and watching opposing players shoot open 3's is a mystery.

We have a better team than Ky, but we simply did not play smart at all.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Our defense was simply pitiful at times...just standing and watching them sink 3 after 3 after 3. How many "bunnies" did we miss...I lost count in the first half. Turnovers were mostly monumentally stupid or due to trying to drive into two or three defenders in the paint while ignoring teammates open for an uncontested shot.

We gave the damn game to them, no question.

It is strictly "ball security" and will continue until Coach Harper gets "turnovers" under control. Coach Landers made a comment before the end of the first half that there were already 8 turnovers. We should not have lost to Kentucky...they made 24 points off our 21 turnovers. Just 6 less turnovers could have been 12 less Kentucky points and we lost the game by only 4 points. I believe this is the second worst turnover game as we had one game with 27 early in the season.

Reactions: jim43
Supposedly Al Brown is "retained" as a personal consultant to Coach Harper. He deals strictly with Coach Harper only. He cannot have contact with the players. Supposedly, he will do a lot of scouting of opponents with suggestions to Harper. The pay arrangement has not been revealed.

When does he start?

Landers is wrong! We don’t have some of the best talent in the SEC!

Three sad takeaways from today's game:

1. The Lady Vols do not know to defense one player.
2. The Lady Vols starting point guard had 0 assists.
3. The Lady Vols had 21 turnovers.

Takeaways 1 and 3 cost them the game.

Reactions: KellywillwinNC
It is strictly "ball security" and will continue until Coach Harper gets "turnovers" under control. Coach Landers made a comment before the end of the first half that there were already 8 turnovers. We should not have lost to Kentucky...they made 24 points off our 21 turnovers. Just 6 less turnovers could have been 12 less Kentucky points and we lost the game by only 4 points. I believe this is the second worst turnover game as we had one game with 27 early in the season.
Turnovers are on the PG’s 1st! They have to be the QB’s on the court.

Reactions: Dube

VN Store

Back