Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

They missed the playoffs, but won 11 games that year with Matt Cassel. To me this hurts the Brady debate.

Thats not even the most glaring. Prior to Mannings injury, the Colts has top 5 offenses. In 2010, I believe they were 4th in scoring. The season Peyton missed they plummeted to 28th.
They went from 10 wins to only 2. Went from winning their division to dead last.

NE also had a top offense before Brady got hurt. But what happened in 2008? They "plummeted" from #1 to #5. The Pats went from 16 wins and #1 in the division to 11 wins and 2nd in the division.

In 2011, 3 Colts QBs combined for 57% completion, 3223 yards, 14 TDs and 14 INTs.

In 2008, Matt Cassell had a 63% completion, 3693 yards, 21 TDs and 11 INTs.

IMO, these are the biggest factors in the debate.

Like a couple others I was around for the Montana and Marino years. My heart was broken as a now reformed Bengal fan when Montana to Taylor happened. Marino was just plain awesome, but had similar issues as Peyton did in Indy with the supporting cast being mediocre for the most part. As an even younger guy I saw Unitas and fellow HOF member Sonny Jurgensen. Many forget SJ was at the top in the 60's with both the Skins and Eagles.

The point of all that is there is no one GOAT. There are numerous GOAT's depending on the era.
I agree you simply cannot compare eras. Seems like if you wanted to say most dominant in their era it would have to be Unitas or Baugh.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back