Our next 7 conference games.

Or last year. Just wondering why you say that is your identity.

It was CHW's team's identity, not mine

They had wins in her tenure against higher ranking teams (ND, Stanford)...
Not necessarily LAST YEAR's season, but last year's administration

It was CHW's team's identity, not mine

They had wins in her tenure against higher ranking teams (ND, Stanford)...
Not necessarily LAST YEAR's season, but last year's administration

“Creme will not respect us until we earn it. We have teased the top-25 and bracket-makers for many years under CHW. Our identity is to beat lions and lose to lambs...until we change that identity Creme will not take a risk and put us where we should be,,he will only put us where we have been. It is up to us, not him, as to how he considers us

You really just gave me a hard time about saying ”you”?

It‘s a new team and new coach. In no way does this team have an identity of a lion slayer.

Last edited:
“Creme will not respect us until we earn it. We have teased the top-25 and bracket-makers for many years under CHW. Our identity is to beat lions and lose to lambs...until we change that identity Creme will not take a risk and put us where we should be,,he will only put us where we have been. It is up to us, not him, as to how he considers us

You really just gave me a hard time about saying ”you”?

It‘s a new team and new coach. In now way does this team have an identity of a lion slayer.

Not at all...
you,, can be a gnat sometimes

as I tell my players....Don't PLAY the game,., WIN it!
Dogg, I love challenges, I just hate games

What you're doing is coaxing me into a game of wits...And you seem to be unarmed
Gee, that was so clever.

i think I made my point. Have a wonderful day.

Walker has always been a better talent and a better player and it isn't that close. The difference is until this season Walker has always played on stacked rosters where she was no higher than 4th option behind older more experienced WNBA talents...
Walker and Davis are close in talent. Davis is more laid back. She lacks Walker's intensity. Megan's ppg is 21.5 and Rennia's is 16.7.
Megan's rebounds/g is 9.6 and Rennia's is 9.0. As I said, the difference is intensity.

Walker and Davis are close in talent. Davis is more laid back. She lacks Walker's intensity. Megan's ppg is 21.5 and Rennia's is 16.7.
Megan's rebounds/g is 9.6 and Rennia's is 9.0. As I said, the difference is intensity.

Megan averages more minutes per game than Rennia (36 vs. 27.9), so Rennia is holding her own against her, average-wise. Obviously, Megan’s high averages have been earned against far better competition, but then she’s had the benefit (IMO, it IS a benefit) of playing the full 40 minutes in 3 games, 39 in another, 38 in two more and 37 and 35 in a couple more. The least number of minutes she’s played in a game was 32 in their last game against Wichita State.

I suspect that Rennia’s minutes will start to increase now that we’re in SEC play, and maybe that’ll help her find her fierce side. I’d actually like to see some of our best players get to play enough consecutive minutes to have to find out how to push through fatigue. In my experience, sometimes pushing through fatigue opens up a whole other gear you didn’t realize you had. That’s where the fierceness comes in.

Megan is a much better shooter and defender. You will see the gulf between them when they go head to head...

I got it all right here for you and you can make your own decision of who is better based on the stats. These stats are for per 40 minutes played and Davis has played far less minutes on average and this is the only fair way to compare,

Walker 1.24 points per shot attempt, Davis 1.22 points per shot attempt, Walker is averaging 23.27 points per 40 minutes played, Davis is averaging 24.58 points per forty minutes played, Walker is averaging 11.00 rebounds per forty minutes played, Davis is averaging 12.39 rebounds per forty minutes played. Walker is .791 percent from the free throw line, Davis is .800 from the free throw line. Walker .471 Field Goal Percentage, Davis .465 field goal percentage.

Career Totals Walker has made 332 shots on 774 attempts for 851 total points to give her a 1.10 points per shot attempt. Her shooting percentage is .429 for her career.

Career Totals Davis has made 423 shots on 904 attempts for 1103 total points to give her a 1.22 points per shot attempt. Her shooting percentage is .467 for her career.

So there are the stats for this season and since they've been in school. Who has been the best offensive player is your opinion.

I'll just say I wish we had five players on our roster as good as Davis. UConn has a couple better than Walker after Davis out talent level goes way down even though the two freshmen have potential they haven't reached it yet so they are both wait and see. Davis has produced every year offensively and her numbers have improved with every season.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well since we already lost to Ky I will say 4-3 with 2 more losses to Alabama and Vandy but we can win all remaining 6 none are juggernauts.

That for me is what's frustrating. Rennia has had the better career by far coming into this season, but Walker really improved in the off season, and Rennia is essentially the same player she was as a freshman. They have similar games, but Walker is executing at a much higher level this season.

I want to see Rennia really take it to her.

Walker deferred a lot to Collier and Samuelson last year. Much of UConn's offense ran through those two. Walker did a lot of conditioning work in the off season and is in much better shape than she was last year. I think the biggest difference between the two is outside shooting.

Walker deferred a lot to Collier and Samuelson last year. Much of UConn's offense ran through those two. Walker did a lot of conditioning work in the off season and is in much better shape than she was last year. I think the biggest difference between the two is outside shooting.

Funny how three point shooting got left out of that "detailed" analysis. An unintentional oversight I'm sure...

Reactions: brassie

VN Store

Back