The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I have looked... and just looked again. He wasn't open. Guarantano needed to account for #22 Johnson for Indiana, he had the route covered and it was an easy play for him. That had no chance. Sorry, I've looked at it several times now, and just went back to ESPN.com and watched it again. I'm not going to agree with you. It was a bad read by Guarantano and a gift pick six for Indiana.
He is open...was open outta the break. If JG throw either when he breaks or actually leads him it a big play....everyone can see it. Here is a proof

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-193609_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-193609_YouTube.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 55
I have looked... and just looked again. He wasn't open. Guarantano needed to account for #22 Johnson for Indiana, he had the route covered and it was an easy play for him. That had no chance. Sorry, I've looked at it several times now, and just went back to ESPN.com and watched it again. I'm not going to agree with you. It was a bad read by Guarantano and a gift pick six for Indiana.

Just a difference of opinion, only reason int was because pass was underthrown, but again just my opinion along with announcers. Jennings had one man beat, the one that int. was at least 4 to 5 yds away from where it was supposed to be thrown. But anyways we just disagree no hard feelings at all.

He is open...was open outta the break. If JG throw either when he breaks or actually leads him it a big play....everyone can see it. Here is a proof
A screen shot doesn't tell us anything about the speed of the play. He wasn't open. That was a bad read. Sorry, but I've seen the play several times now. I'm not going to agree that Guarantano was right to throw that pass. Not to mention that he was locked onto the WR the whole time. There was never any doubt where the ball was going.

A screen shot doesn't tell us anything about the speed of the play. He wasn't open. That was a bad read.
Surely you cannot be serious...clearly has a step. Actually several steps....right read poor throw....throw it toward the side line like and flag or out route its a catch....do i need to draw lines or ???

A screen shot doesn't tell us anything about the speed of the play. He wasn't open. That was a bad read. Sorry, but I've seen the play several times now. I'm not going to agree that Guarantano was right to throw that pass. Not to mention that he was locked onto the WR the whole time. There was never any doubt where the ball was going.
The screenshot shows enough. He was open. That pass could only be intercepted if it's way behind the receiver which is exactly what happened.

Surely you cannot be serious...clearly has a step. Actually several steps....right read poor throw....throw it toward the side line like and flag or out route its a catch....do i need to draw lines or ???
I am serious because I've watched the play. He doesn't have several steps.... and a screen shot tells us nothing about the speed of the play. Sorry, don't take it personally. I've watched the play in full speed many times now... and I don't agree with your assessment.

I am serious because I've watched the play. He doesn't have several steps.... and a screen shot tells us nothing about the speed of the play. Sorry, don't take it personally. I've watched the play in full speed many times now... and I don't agree with your assessment.
Ahh well. Its cool. To each thier own bro

I totally agree. Only problem I see with Pruitt is his qb decisions. We have 2 qb on roster now recruited by Pruitt. Shrout and Maurer. I think both are better than jg, but obviously Pruitt doesn't. But my main point is this. With 2 of Pruitts recruits at qb, and neither are better than jg? This doesn't speak well of his qb evaluation. With all this said I am totally behind Pruitt. He has us going in the right direction. We are a good qb away from being in contention for sec east champion.
I’m sure Pruitt tried to go after higher rated Qb’s. BM and JT is what we settled for.

Wrong. It was pointed out in the broadcast. The play was designed to be thrown out toward the sideline which Jennings could of easily caught. The defenders were in back of and inside of Jennings. If JT had led Jennings correctly a completion for a first down would of happened. A typical throw from JG, he does not know to lead a receiver.

Reactions: tnvols72
Wrong. It was pointed out in the broadcast. The play was designed to be thrown out toward the sideline which Jennings could of easily caught. The defenders were in back of and inside of Jennings. If JT had led Jennings correctly a completion for a first down would of happened. A typical throw from JG, he does not know to lead a receiver.
Guarantano simply doesn't possess the sufficient arm strength to have placed the necessary velocity and distance on that throw for "which Jennings could have easily caught". And once again, you are not taking into account the fact that his throw was telegraphed and #22's recovery speed.

Sorry, but I'm not going to agree with this narrative. I have watched the play many times now and I have seen too many of Guarantano's passes over the last three seasons. That play had no chance.

This may have already been asked but I have looked for the post game trophy presentation and comments. Does anyone have a link or a resource to see it?

I was just on the Hoosier forum on Rivals earlier enjoying the misery of their fans, (TheHoosier.com). Yeah, I said it. Some asshat Vols fan took the trouble to register on their forum last night under the name Volslove69 (Classy), just so he could start a thread titled, "Y'all Choked". The thread was up for quite a while before it was removed. Well Buddy, whoever you are, you give Tennessee fans a bad name; you embarrass us. It's one thing to check out an opponent's site to see what their reactions are to their team and coaches, but it's another to be a jerk. You, Sir, are a jerk. They are frustrated but loyal fans. Those who referred to us thought we were stronger and faster. Decent folks.

Guarantano simply doesn't possess the sufficient arm strength to have placed the necessary velocity and distance on that throw for "which Jennings could have easily caught". And once again, you are not taking into account the fact that his throw was telegraphed and #22's recovery speed.

Sorry, but I'm not going to agree with this narrative. I have watched the play many times now and I have seen too many of Guarantano's passes over the last three seasons. That play had no chance.
Guarantano has the arm strength, it was only an out pattern 8 yards down the field. ( 46 yd line to 38 yd line). You state the play had no chance, it was a standard out pattern. The problem with the throw was location. He threw it about 5 yards behind Jennings had to stop and turn around. If you cannot see that then your football IQ is low level. JG doesn’t have the arm strength to throw an 8 yd out pattern , LOL. He was making zip throws over receivers heads all night long which were of more distance than that throw. SMH.

Guarantano has the arm strength, it was only an out pattern 8 yards down the field. ( 46 yd line to 38 yd line). You state the play had no chance, it was a standard out pattern. The problem with the throw was location. He threw it about 5 yards behind Jennings had to stop and turn around. If you cannot see that then your football IQ is low level. JG doesn’t have the arm strength to throw an 8 yd out pattern , LOL. He was making zip throws over receivers heads all night long which were of more distance than that throw. SMH.
LOL. I'm not arguing this. It was a bad read. You won't change my mind. I have watched the play many times and I have watched Guarantano throw passes for three seasons now. Guarantano threw the pass from the Tennessee 46 on the right hash across the field to the Indiana 38 outside of the other hash. He doesn't throw with enough velocity to make the play you are saying he should have made. #22 actually has to slow down to make the pick... it was an easy play for him.

LOL. I'm not arguing this. It was a bad read. You won't change my mind. I have watched the play many times and I have watched Guarantano throw passes for three seasons now. Guarantano threw the pass from the Tennessee 46 on the right hash across the field to the Indiana 38 outside of the other hash. He doesn't throw with enough velocity to make the play you are saying he should have made. #22 actually has to slow down to make the pick... it was an easy play for him.
Ball was thrown inside instead of the outside. It was replayed and the broadcast analyst explained exactly how it was thrown behind Jennings and not it to the outside where it should of been thrown. You are wrong and stubborn to a fault. Can’t admit that your take is wrong.

The fact that you said in our last 6 games we only played one team with a winning record dumb one.

The fact that you said we struggled in all but one of those games dumb one.

Seriously dude.....throw the shovel down and walk away.

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong. And saying the same stupid crap over and over and over wont make you any less wrong.

I'm not spinning ANYTHING. YOU and ONLY YOU made a factually inaccurate statement. Own it and move on.....or conitue to look clueless.....it's al up to you .....snowflake.
Really , This is what you are going with? Sue me for me not including UAB. Not too many people remember playing somebody like that. Ky was the only team beside UAB that had a winning record. You just wanted to jump in here like you are some internet police and going to straighten somebody out. Your not straightening anybody out. Tn struggles regardless how you try to spin it. The only game they did not struggle in was the South Carolina game. Stop acting like Tn ran through these teams.

Ball was thrown inside instead of the outside. It was replayed and the broadcast analyst explained exactly how it was thrown behind Jennings and not it to the outside where it should of been thrown. You are wrong and stubborn to a fault. Can’t admit that your take is wrong.
No, I've just watched the play. Guarantano is not capable of making the throw, you are saying should have been made. He put nothing on the throw and he was locked onto the WR from the time he started to make his drop. It was an easy pick for the DB, #22.

No, I've just watched the play. Guarantano is not capable of making the throw, you are saying should have been made. He put nothing on the throw and he was locked onto the WR from the time he started to make his drop. It was an easy pick for the DB, #22.
Easy pick because it was 5 yards inside from where it should of been thrown.

Really , This is what you are going with? Sue me for me not including UAB. Not too many people remember playing somebody like that. Ky was the only team beside UAB that had a winning record. You just wanted to jump in here like you are some internet police and going to straighten somebody out. Your not straightening anybody out. Tn struggles regardless how you try to spin it. The only game they did not struggle in was the South Carolina game. Stop acting like Tn ran through these teams.

Again, that is just factually innacurate. UAB won 9 games this year. UAB wasn't a terrible football team. And again. It depends on what your definition of "struggle is" If you mean "the dominated from wire to wire in ever aspect of the game" then they even struggled with South Carolina it was close through most of 3 quarters.. But to me....when the final score is a 3 possession difference...You won handily.

And I'm clearly not straightening you out. You are FAR too committed to being wrong and to this narrative you are trying to push to help.

Go Vols.

Almost does not count in the stats. Every good Qb has throws which could be intercepted and don’t show up in stats. Actual interceptions is what should be emphasized.

Lol there's a reason the coaches took BM out.. yes JG had 2 INTs but he usually takes care of the ball. It was only a matter of time before BM threw an actually INT (he's thrown twice as many INTS than TDs). Not a fan of yanking then putting in QBs but the decision worked out.. like it or not as of now JG is our best option at QB, unless HB or the transfer comes in and lights the world on fire. It is what it is.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
I’m sure Pruitt tried to go after higher rated Qb’s. BM and JT is what we settled for.
BM will end up being a good college QB, either here or somewhere else. I believe JT was recruited to get a QB on the roster. Who was left when CJP got the job besides JG, I can't remember?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Absolutely none of that dribble changes the fact that your earlier post was 100% inaccurate.

You can offer your opinion on things and those items are debatable.....but when you post blatant falsehoods you need to be corrected.

And if you were any kind of actual fan you would acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and move on.

Your response says a ton about who and what your are.

Go Vols.
Drivel not dribble. You’re welcome 😉

Last edited:

VN Store

Back