Maurer’s Instagram Post

Anyone else see his post on Instagram? He posted a picture with a trophy that said God Bless but in small writing it said, “new journey ahead.” Interesting. What are your thoughts?
Can you or someone take a screenshot of this post?

He's got too much potential to sit behind JG another year with Harrison Bailey coming in as well.

Especially with a staff ,that at the moment, is not very adept at developing QBs.

I think he will at least stay to battle with Bailey
But I think both QBs are too good to be sitting behind JG.
We'll see how it plays out.

Shrout and Maurer are gone. Never really had any chance to play here long term.

I doubt Shrout is transferring. Wouldn't even make sense at this point. He loves it in Knoxville, his gf is at UT, and if he graduates after 3 years, he could transfer w/o sitting out a year, which makes more sense.

Not sure about Maurer. Maurer has a shot at the starting job next season or 2021. If he leaves, it's sort of an admittance that he thinks Bailey is going to win the competition against him.

I think he will at least stay to battle with Bailey
But I think both QBs are too good to be sitting behind JG.
We'll see how it plays out.

Pruitt has shown no inclination for playing any other QB than Guarantano. If he stays for 2020, battling Bailey for the backup spot isn't in Maurer's best interest if he can go to a team with a competent QB coach and have a legit chance at starting in 2021.

I guess the question is does Maurer think he can transfer some place and play.
Does he sit one year because of the transfer or does he stay here and sit. When you got HB coming who some think could start but probably won't more than likely JG starts again.
Toss Shrout and Hill who is going to want to play in to the mix and now it becomes decision making time. I'm sure BM has read all the HB love post and has to know who probably is the future.
Pruitt has shown his colors as far as QB play. 1 with the most experience is allowed multiple mistakes. The rest aren't allowed but 1-2 series.
I also think JT could go some where and light it up

VN Store

Back