The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I think JG played awful, but it really gets annoying to see him trashed every other post. He's a nice kid. And as much we all wanted a win tonight, I can promise he wanted it more.

JG wouldn't have to be so Demonstrative after he makes a winning play; IF --He didn't put us in a hole to start with!! Geeze Man.

This, this is silly. I love my vols win or lose. I also expect a lot from them. We can’t beat just anyone. If we played LSU or Clemson tomorrow we would be killed. Anyone with sense going in would know it. I’d be right here crying in my beer watching it....but I’d know what to expect.
Not silly , go cry in your beer somewhere other than Volnation. No one thinks we are an elite team yet so why are you bringing up we would get killed by Clemson/LSU , Duh ?

I think JG played awful, but it really gets annoying to see him trashed every other post. He's a nice kid. And as much we all wanted a win tonight, I can promise he wanted it more.
He also made plays when we had to have them down the stretch for the win, he's gonna be fine. Fans should definitely lay off, especially if they are Vol fans.

BS. Change your allegiance to ETSU and leave Volnation alone. IU had won more games than any other team we beat this year.
Some people will never be happy and be miserable their whole life. Yes, I’m talking about you.

Yup. They nearly beat Penn State as well. Indiana is a good team. A very well coached team as well. Nice win.

Walking out of the stadium after that game has changed the day. What an absolute thrill of a comeback and then superior ending to a game that I did not think we were going to win but our coach and all the other coaches and these players had the heart to get in there and work and win the game. I have NO voice from cheering so loudly but that’s good. Go VOLS!!!
It looked predominately orange and full. What do you think the Vol/IU ratio was ?

Someone said I’m not a fan if I don’t think we can win any game. Keep up sally. I love my vols and I’m happy for the W. Definitely better than a L. Some of you guys really can’t handle reality. I suppose you’d be here doing the same if I was upset over winning 4 games again. I don’t need 12-13 wins. Not right now. Progression is all.

D
This, this is silly. I love my vols win or lose. I also expect a lot from them. We can’t beat just anyone. If we played LSU or Clemson tomorrow we would be killed. Anyone with sense going in would know it. I’d be right here crying in my beer watching it....but I’d know what to expect.
Did u watch the Bama game? We played them tough, a touchdown and onside kick and who knows what would have happened. I didn't think this game was gonna be as close but u never know. We can beat anyone..... say it to yourself

Winning the bowl game, especially a double digit trail in the 4th comeback ( first under Pruitt) shows huge progression. We are learning how to win despite dumb mistakes and poor qb starts.

We were 0-10 after trailing at the end of the 3rd qtr under CJP. We found a way to win only proves our team has bought in and are learning how to fight and not give up. 8-5 looks good after starting out like we did.

I’m glad they had fun down there because they didn’t come to play. If Guarantano is the Qb next year I’m taking the year off. I’m not going through these headaches for another year. I appreciate his effort but he’s not the Qb that needs to be our leader for the future. VFL but my heart can’t take this up down stress with that dude. Pruitt has to fill like he’s the president of the United States of America 🇺🇸 after his term. Lol

He also made plays when we had to have them down the stretch for the win, he's gonna be fine. Fans should definitely lay off, especially if they are Vol fans.
Really, this game should not have even been in question. I'd rather have a QB that puts us ahead and goes for the throat instead of digging a 13 point hole and then sycophant fans acting like he is a hero because he cleaned up his mess. We also did it on the ground, not on his pick 6, stare down the receiver, can't throw a timing route with a stopwatch, can't hit a receiver in stride arm.

I don’t even care. We have nothing to be happy about even if we win. Just a sorry display of football.
I have to say I'm with you on that. 1st our gump coach won't take the 3 points on our 1st drive. It's like the stats have us near dead last in the country on 4th down conversions. We could have had those 3 points twice versus BYU and when A.Taylor makes a bonehead play they have to score a touchdown to win instead of kicking a FG for a tie. Tonight's scenario was much the same. Just think if CJP would have taken 3 points on the 1st drive. It would have put IU behind by 4. A FG is useless in those situations being behind by 4. I felt immediately when he done it.....it could factor in later.
I'm not gonna mention CJC and JG and that pathetic mess. We were far the better team tonight and should have crushed their spirits early on. If UT wants to keep playing these close games we'll never catch-up to the more disciplined teams in the SEC. My last sentence hopefully for 6 months is JG, Maurer,and Shrout need to leave Knoxville and we'll roll with HB,The Jet, and Hill. We need an offensive leader.

VN Store

Back