How did you discover VolNation Football Forum?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Years ago when Coach Fulmer was still coaching I remember seeing Firefulmer.com on the internet. I followed that for a bit and everyone kept talking about VolNation so I happened over to it and the rest is history, some good some bad. The older days to me were funnier. I just made it a point not to automatically agree groupthink mode with everything being said. I rather have spark to the conversation more people get involved.

QSVV.gif

I joined during the dumpster fire Schiano hire/fire. Just looking for like minded people and googled UT football forum. It was either here or Volquest but Volquest cost 100 bucks a year and I am cheap. Honestly though, there is some really good posts here. Well thought out, well researched. I can't imagine Volquest being any better.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I don’t remember how I discovered Volnation, it’s my favorite website and a great way to pass time at work, uh oh wait.....

The key to every good employee is honesty. Honesty. Honesty. Honesty. Honesty. ...Gonna keep typing this until my boss stops looking over my shoulder.

Grid sold Gridscape. Went downhill under Scout and even more under 247.
I like this place. Nice to read what younger people think.

I was on the News Sentinel site when it was free. It was just a mess of insults and blah blah blah, and then they started charging, so I switched to VN.

Of course, now I spend most of my time in the Zone, so it looks like I’ve come full circle...

Grid sold Gridscape. Went downhill under Scout and even more under 247.
I like this place. Nice to read what younger people think.

I remember Gridscape. I don't remember what my username was there. I didn't post that much there but I remember game threads.

I can't remember at the moment what i was googling, but wife was having chemo around the time I found it. I couldn't sleep good, and remember finding it, I was like a kid on Christmas😄

I was on the News Sentinel site when it was free. It was just a mess of insults and blah blah blah, and then they started charging, so I switched to VN.

Of course, now I spend most of my time in the Zone, because Joevol33 hangs out there, and he is awesome...

😁

Reactions: VolNExile
I used to post on govolsextra way back in the day. Someone there mentioned this site. I lurked here off and on for a few years before I made the switch. Never even look at news stories from GVX anymore.

I used to post on govolsextra way back in the day. Someone there mentioned this site. I lurked here off and on for a few years before I made the switch. Never even look at news stories from GVX anymore.
This. Govols.com went to the trolls, then they started charging, then went to Facebook accounts, and is now a total ghost town. Volnation.com is a godsend!!!

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I was getting ready to go to the South Carolina game in 09 and i googled Tennessee gameday information or something like that and it was one of the links. Hooked ever since.

similar for me. I think I joined in the fall of 09 looking for some tailgating info when I was going for a visit/tour

Following Kiffin's departure in 2010, I was looking for coaching search info, and Volnation had the best rumors (though mostly false).

On a September day in 2003, I typed volnation.com into my dial up AOL browser to see if anybody was using the domain.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back