Game Thread: #22/24 TENNESSEE VS. HOWARD

Form on free shooting not bad. For the most it seems they do not control wrist action by aiming with one finger as per coach Jumper.

Form on free shooting not bad. For the most it seems they do not control wrist action by aiming with one finger as per coach Jumper.

two-fingers control the flight of the ball at release,,,the index and the middle finger'
I never teach one finger because, if the shooter tries to point with one finger, it interrupts the goose-neck in the follow through.

I teach that the index and middle finger dictate the flight of the ball, and instruct my shooter to :"draw a line" in their shooting-motion with these two fingers on the follow through. I use these two fingers because they are responsible for the push and release of the ball. The pinky, ring finger and thumb are only involved in the stability and support of the process.

that's what ya'll said about Texas being an Easy Win..

Nothing's going to be easy moving forward into SEC play
Even the "easy" one's are going to give us their best simply because we are Tennessee and our outlook is on the rise.

People don't try to knock people off who are already falling, they knock you off
because you are rising higher than they are

Expect the best from Mizzou and
everybody else in our path!

She has been a few times, but more often lately she has been more under control, played most minutes today, and blew up stat line. I would love to have 3 2nd yr players with her talent, and drive, at this point in second year, you must be nuts not too. They don't have to play at same time. She is becoming a strong dominating force to rival threats of Davis and Jordan.
Perspective is everything. I saw a player who is out of control and forces a lot of shots. I love Rae and I think that she will be an amazing player and has all the potential in the world, but if we’re talking about her today, no I don’t want several of her.

Perspective is everything. I saw a player who is out of control and forces a lot of shots. I love Rae and I think that she will be an amazing player and has all the potential in the world, but if we’re talking about her today, no I don’t want several of her.

I, too, saw Rae forcing a few shots. But I also saw her take and make some excellent, in-control shots AND swoop in from seemingly out of nowhere, several times, for big rebounds while most everyone else had already given up on the plays.

That’s the thing Rae has that NOBODY else on the team does: her uncanny ability to be wherever the ball is at all times. She doesn’t merely “not ever take plays off,” she never relaxes for even one second!

Burrell is a whirling dervish on the court, and while, admittedly, sometimes she gets a little too ahead of herself and loses control, for the most part she’s a dang nightmare for opponents because they really never know what she might do next or, even, how in the world they can slow her down long enough to box her out.

Personally, I’d take a few more Burrell types. :cool:

I, too, saw Rae forcing a few shots. But I also saw her take and make some excellent, in-control shots AND swoop in from seemingly out of nowhere, several times, for big rebounds while most everyone else had already given up on the plays.

That’s the thing Rae has that NOBODY else on the team does: her uncanny ability to be wherever the ball is at all times. She doesn’t merely “not ever take plays off,” she never relaxes for even one second!

Burrell is a whirling dervish on the court, and while, admittedly, sometimes she gets a little too ahead of herself and loses control, for the most part she’s a dang nightmare for opponents because they really never know what she might do next or, even, how in the world they can slow her down long enough to box her out.

Personally, I’d take a few more Burrell types. :cool:
Rae reminds me of a former Maryland player, Alyssa Thomas.

VN Store

Back