'20 GA S Doneiko Slaughter (UT SIGNEE)

Enos "Country" Slaughter. This Hall-of-Fame outfielder played for the Cardinals from 1938-53, with time off for three years of military service in World War II. You might say that Slaughter was "Charlie Hustle" before Pete Rose.

Slaughter is, perhaps, best-known for his "famous 'Mad Dash' for home from first base on Harry Walker's hit in the eighth inning [of the decisive, 7th game of the 1946 World Series. He scored] the winning run after a delayed relay throw by the Red Sox' Johnny Pesky. The hit was ruled a double, though most observers felt it should have been ruled a single, as only the throw home allowed Walker to advance to second base. This play was named #10 on the Sporting News list of Baseball's 25 Greatest Moments in 1999. "Enos Slaughter - Wikipedia

new to VN
where oh where can a Redbird fan find a home?
plez don't say "nest "

I watched all of our recruits highlight films and Slaughter, Tyler Baron and Omari Thomas are impressive. Our defense should be outstanding for the next few years.
The fact that there are so many people you could logically put in that top group just shows how much brighter the future bodes. I think he finds a starting spot between the CBs by.....Florida. Especially if Flowers keeps on getting dinged on the regular.

Want you guys to know that out of all the Signees besides Bailey. This kid is my favorite. He is going to be hard to keep off the field if he can learn the defensive play calls.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Want you guys to know that out of all the Signees besides Bailey. This kid is my favorite. He is going to be hard to keep off the field if he can learn the defensive play calls.
Lawrence and Bailey are program changing Henry T type of recruits. This kid and Spraggins are my next two I'm most excited about. Both those guys seek to destroy and are absolute tanks.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Yeah forgot about Lawrence. He is a great one as well. Hyatt is as well. Too many good recruits lol.
Then you got Morvan Joseph, O. Thomas , and Eason to boot. Lots of aggressiveness gonna be on the D for years to come. I cant wait to see how this last class and this one pans out on a couple years. Last class already looking good, now I wann see what those guys can do that redshirted like big Simmons and Lampley.

Then you got Morvan Joseph, O. Thomas , and Eason to boot. Lots of aggressiveness gonna be on the D for years to come. I cant wait to see how this last class and this one pans out on a couple years. Last class already looking good, now I wann see what those guys can do that redshirted like big Simmons and Lampley.

Exactly. Bout time we got physical defenders on the team. Pruitt immediately changed that aspect of our defense. If you weren’t aggressive and physical you weren’t playing. Now all of our guys hit.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Our defense will be Morven ready to go. It may not be always Eason, but offenses won't be hard to stop either. Get ready for the OnSlaught(er)

VN Store

Back