'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

yeah, if we gotta claim fingerpaint, sab, OD and andy.............UK has to claim the ding dongs.

lol

Fair enough.

VN has some crazies. CatsPause and whatever else has them too. I dont take words over the internet too seriously. I never got how people enjoy running over to a rival site, then run back to tattle on them. I guess its schadenfruede or something related. Enjoying the misery and craziness of others.

Kid is looking strong.
I'm starting to believe Pruitt is recruiting for different base defense as well as players that can play between Bear, 3-4, and 4-2
He's been saying since he got here that he wants players that are versatile enough to switch between odd and even man fronts.

I don’t understand why Kentucky seems to think they are recruiting at an elite level. It is cracking me up. They have a decent class and a good one for Kentucky standards, but it is still a low SEC class. They seem to think they have the same amount of talent as UF, UGA, and us. They need to realize they had one good year and you will have those once every 10-15 years. But you are a major step below the big three in the East.

This! Even with a late surge with possible 4-stars some top teams eventually passed on, I call Butch/Dooley 4-stars, they are at #19. A peek at their board one would think it must've been one of the all time great classes that will catapult them to SEC East championship level.

They have a good class, especially in the lines but as we've seen you never know how long it takes to develop and if they all develop. If some of these guys were SEC ready then they would've been 1st choice on some teams boards and not a fallback option.

They will continue to get slapped around.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
He's been saying since he got here that he wants players that are versatile enough to switch between odd and even man fronts.

No. I'm saying there's a difference between changing your defense before the play or even during the drive and having 2 deoth charts for 2 different defenses.

Urban Meyer mentioned that Venables and Clemson have 3 base defenses as well as guys switching during the drive.

No. I'm saying there's a difference between changing your defense before the play or even during the drive and having 2 deoth charts for 2 different defenses.

Urban Meyer mentioned that Venables and Clemson have 3 base defenses as well as guys switching during the drive.
I'm saying it's not a surprise. He's been talking about using multiple fronts since he got here.

This! Even with a late surge with possible 4-stars some top teams eventually passed on, I call Butch/Dooley 4-stars, they are at #19. A peek at their board one would think it must've been one of the all time great classes that will catapult them to SEC East championship level.

They have a good class, especially in the lines but as we've seen you never know how long it takes to develop and if they all develop. If some of these guys were SEC ready then they would've been 1st choice on some teams boards and not a fallback option.

They will continue to get slapped around.

They sure will. Their 2018 class was 30th, their 2019 class was 30th, this years class is 19th thus far (Rivals). They have some good players and will have a good DL in the future, but they do not have the quality depth to truly compete for the SEC. See, I am glad that we get them late in the season after they are beat up. Early in the year they are always competitive. Their first 22 players can play with most SEC teams, or at least come close to it. That is why they give Florida fits almost every year. As the season wears on though, they get beat up like every other team and their second string is just meh. This is one of the main reasons that even in our down years we can still handle KY.

Ouch! Possible torn rotator cuff surgery. I had that last May. Its really painful but he should be good to go in 5 - 6 months if he works hard at therapy.

Here are the players with the best chance to be key contributors and make an immediate impact as true freshmen.

2. Tyler Baron, edge rusher
Tennessee knows it has Kivon Bennett, but Crouch may move inside and Roman Harrison had a quieter freshman season than some expected. Baron is probably too talented to not play immediately. He’s physically ready at 6-foot-5 and 256 pounds and may only get bigger. Later in his career, he might find himself in a three-point stance pretty often, but he looks like a plug-and-play type of talent for the Vols at outside linebacker. He’s currently healing from offseason surgery on his torn labrum, but he’s expected to be full strength by the summer when he enrolls.

DeAndre Johnson disappeared from the rotation at times in 2019 and Jordan Allen has either been injured or ineffective in two seasons at Tennessee so far. Baron almost certainly will be in the rotation. It’s not out of the question for him to make a few starts or even emerge opposite Bennett as the Vols’ best pass rusher to replace Darrell Taylor.
-Ubben

VN Store

Back