2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Teonni Key and her team won there game last night 63-55. Key numbers 24 pts, 22 rebs, 5 asts, 4 blks 4 stls.

Have you seen a game ? Is she playing more on the perimeter or in the post vs HS players? How are her handles ?

Have you seen a game ? Is she playing more on the perimeter or in the post vs HS players? How are her handles ?

Yes i have seen two of her games so far this year, She plays in the post and perimeter without much depth and help this year she is being ask to do more. She can also knock down the 3 to has a pretty looking jump shot.But what makes her a tough matchuptough matchup for anyone in the country is her size and length and to note she can elevate to. 6-3 ? i say 6-4. My brother was at the game yesterday he said he thinks all 11 schools on hand to watch.

Yes i have seen two of her games so far this year, She plays in the post and perimeter without much depth and help this year she is being ask to do more. She can also knock down the 3 to has a pretty looking jump shot.But what makes her a tough matchuptough matchup for anyone in the country is her size and length and to note she can elevate to. 6-3 ? i say 6-4. My brother was at the game yesterday he said he thinks all 11 schools on hand to watch.
Back off Geno!

Reactions: GameTime
Truth. But I also read he's excited to be getting so many good players starting next year and being able to play all (most) of them. We will see what kind of liar he is...
He's playing 2 frosh right now. They are both in the 7 rotation and 1 has started a few. Next year his frosh point guard will start. His 6'3" wing will be first big off the bench if she doesn't start and he will have a 6'5" post to rest Ododa. that's not counting the Ukrainian guard and the other wing who dunks as a junior. So yeah He's going to play his freshmen

He's playing 2 frosh right now. They are both in the 7 rotation and 1 has started a few. Next year his frosh point guard will start. His 6'3" wing will be first big off the bench if she doesn't start and he will have a 6'5" post to rest Ododa. that's not counting the Ukrainian guard and the other wing who dunks as a junior. So yeah He's going to play his freshmen

If he starts a frosh point guard next year, I'll bet I know one pissed off family from Oregon! Just saying.

Jim

Hey #sgtee or/and #putbacks

Can one or both of you give some insight on
~How their game differ
~Have you seen them on the court together, did they compliment each other's play
things like that, please
TY

(How do you "orange" their names?

You probably don't have to worry about Geno for Teonni. I think He's already done with 2021.

As good as most of us expect they’ll already be, Miss Key makes them better - so much athletic length, plus shooting range, which we all know the little fella loves. And, I’m a-bettin’ she’s high on their list ...especially if, in the (unlikely) event Miss Fudd goes elsewhere. Though, if there’s room on the roster I think they’d gladly sign both.
And, with all the promise of the incredible 2021 guards/wings, I think (which is worth, uh, less than nuthin’) that Miss Deberry is the best/high ceiling player in class. On film, she reminds me so much of a certain Hall Of Famer from the San Antonio Spurs. She’s a beautiful player.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Hey #sgtee or/and #putbacks

Can one or both of you give some insight on
~How their game differ
~Have you seen them on the court together, did they compliment each other's play
things like that, please
TY

(How do you "orange" their names?

Look at the paint drop between S and A at the top of your post. Touch it and a color chart appears, touch color desired and start typing. GO LADY VOLS🍊!

If he starts a frosh point guard next year, I'll bet I know one pissed off family from Oregon! Just saying.

Jim
Westbrook will be in the mix, but more as a shooting guard and some point. The point guard next year is Paige Bueckers. Geno's quote regarding her is, "Next year I'll be saying we won the national championship because of her." Here take a look;

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
As good as most of us expect they’ll already be, Miss Key makes them better - so much athletic length, plus shooting range, which we all know the little fella loves. And, I’m a-bettin’ she’s high on their list ...especially if, in the (unlikely) event Miss Fudd goes elsewhere. Though, if there’s room on the roster I think they’d gladly sign both.
And, with all the promise of the incredible 2021 guards/wings, I think (which is worth, uh, less than nuthin’) that Miss Deberry is the best/high ceiling player in class. On film, she reminds me so much of a certain Hall Of Famer from the San Antonio Spurs. She’s a beautiful player.
I've seen her videos and really don't think there is much room for her. between Deberry, Edwards, Poffenbarger, Griffin, and probably Mclean the wings are full. Gabriel and Ono share the post. If Westbrook stays around, which I doubt, there's really no room for Key.

for anyone who is interested i went to watch Teonni Key and her team play against Riverside Thursday her numbers 27 pts 14 rebs 5 blks and to note she can shoot the 3 good looking shot.

Teonni Key on Hudl
Just watching her move on the floor, you can see she is a player. Good dribbling skills, very good floor vision, she shoots the ball with rhythm and confidence. I can see why so many coaches are giving her a look!

Reactions: Hangtyme24
You really think Westbrook won't start at point guard, and he will start a freshman to run his offense? Not a follower of them, this is an honest question, has he ever started a freshman point guard?

Reactions: NeedOrange
You really think Westbrook won't start at point guard, and he will start a freshman to run his offense? Not a follower of them, this is an honest question, has he ever started a freshman point guard?
He has never said a freshman will lead us to a national championship as a freshman, but he did about Paige. There is a strong possibility the backup point guard could be Nika Muhl from Poland Croatia. She has been playing for the Polish national team and against professionals. THANKS @Hoya Saxa really don't know too much about her. (Obviously) Evina could see some time at the point but right now the word is she will battle williams to play the off guard unless Geno decides to play 3 guards. She is strongly in the mix and will get lots of minutes. Evina is a great player, but won't be counted on like she was at UT. The UConn offensive and defensive schemes are very elaborate in that they don't run set plays. The run patterns,but it is a read and react offense where each player has to react correctly at the same time. It is hard for a freshman to learn. Evina has the advantage of this year to learn the offense over the freshmen coming in.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
He has never said a freshman will lead us to a national championship as a freshman, but he did about Paige. There is a strong possibility the backup point guard could be Nika Muhl from Poland. She has been playing for the Polish national team and against professionals.

Nika Muhl is from Croatia. Why in the world would the Polish National Team be filling roster spots with young ladies from Croatia?

Nika Muhl is from Croatia. Why in the world would the Polish National Team be filling roster spots with young ladies from Croatia?
thanks! it was Anna Makurat, this year from Poland. I got confused. It's Anna who played professionally in Poland. I'll chalk it up to old age.

In that video, Bueckers looks dreamy offensively, but what the video doesn’t reveal is how well she handles pressure because the opponent supplied none. She has a fairly tall dribble, so I would like to see the defense challenge her ability to flex (waist and knees) and navigate and see the floor. She played fairly vertically throughout that footage.

I was just going to say that everybody looks good playing against air. But you said it mo better... lol

In that video, Bueckers looks dreamy offensively, but what the video doesn’t reveal is how well she handles pressure because the opponent supplied none. She has a fairly tall dribble, so I would like to see the defense challenge her ability to flex (waist and knees) and navigate and see the floor. She played fairly vertically throughout that footage.
google her highlights. there are dozens available. she is tough as nails and doesn't get rattled. think diana taurasi with a pony tail.

VN Store

Back