Tennessee number 22

We can thank Texas' win over Stanford for the jump. I know our team has a long way to go -- a looooong way -- before being back to where we all want them to be, but I'll take every bit of positivity we can get right now. Sure, we've only played two good teams and lost both games, but at least the losses were to the #1 team at the time and the team who went on to beat the #1 team. It's something! lol

#22 is all well and good... But I want to see us play like a #2
Keep expectations high but also keep reality as a factor in the end. I think if we can win 20 or more games and get to the top part of the SEC what we do from there is additional as to what should be expected. Right now just focusing if we can win enough games to get to the NCAA tourney and if it all comes together that is exactly what will happen.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
I do not believe they should be ranked in the top 25 considering how they played overall against the schedule they have played.

Reactions: savannahfan
Love the Lady Vol's being in the top 25. the loss to Stanford was bad. Texas has a senior lead team, and better then most people give them credit for. I would've love it if we have beaten Texas, but it is what it . As always go Lady Vol's.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Beat a ranked team that is not down 2 key players(Notre Dame) and I would reconsider.

We are on the same page,,,I don't think they HAVE played consistent enough to rank any more than they are now,,,but the coach-side of me knows the importance of being so and is glad we are.

The best thing about the upcoming run is the span of time before our next game...Lots of time to view film, make adjustments and hit the floor.

The 29th...over a week away. Christmas notwithstanding

And I know "gym-rats"...open gifts then go to the gym
No such thing as Holidays in the traditional sense...even if they go home, most likely they'll connect back up with an old HS or AAU coach.

For gym-rats,,,it's not Merry Christmas, it's, Merry Basketball

This also gives Coach K some time to view all her Avenues and options.

This much time will give Coach K and staff time to sit down and talk about where are they are and where they see this season going so all of them shared the same vision. They need to look at the last two films and the first two films and make sure everybody has progressed players, game play, practice, coaching, mechanics, flow, Etc look at the game from every aspect.. Coaches have to check themselves. And the most important thing in this upcoming timespan is aside from Christmas Day and Christmas Eve these girls are going to be in the gym. At least I think they will be. Right now some of the techniques and improvements can be made and personal play. Meaning, each individual players advancement during this timeframe.. In a week , you should be able to make a big change in a player. Because not only you know what's up coming, they know what's up coming, and they to know they've got 8 days of nothing in the way to prepare for the Run.

Last edited:
After seeing them play this year I believe that if Zay would have stayed healthy we could be top 10. She was going to be our best player this year. If Key will work each day to get better we could find ourselves in sweet 16 depending on matchups.

Reactions: TNRazor
After seeing them play this year I believe that if Zay would have stayed healthy we could be top 10. She was going to be our best player this year. If Key will work each day to get better we could find ourselves in sweet 16 depending on matchups.

OK...next man up or should I say
next woman up

Sorry to sound indifferent but that's how I coach has to think and that's how a team has to think. Next person up.

If you're missing Michael magic or Larry you still got to play the the game. You can't keep Zaay as an excuse for us to not be in a position we should be anyway.

next woman up

Sorry to sound indifferent but that's how I coach has to think and that's how a team has to think. Next person up.

If you're missing Michael magic or Larry you still got to play the the game. You can't keep Zaay as an excuse for us to not be in a position we should be anyway.
It's not that Easy when you dont have anyone equal to her talent coming off the bench. Remember Bulls didn't win the championship the two years he was playing baseball didn't even come close.

I doesn't make sense to me that you lose to Stanford by 27, then Stanford loses to Texas making that loss to Stanford even worse and you move up one spot.

But Coach Jumper is right, it does help the team mentally, so good for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: creekdipper
next woman up

Zaay is very talented and has great potential but I don't think her presence would have vaulted this team into the top 10.

Reactions: vettefool
It's not that Easy when you dont have anyone equal to her talent coming off the bench. Remember Bulls didn't win the championship the two years he was playing baseball didn't even come close.

I won't put Zaay as our Michael (Rennnia) and when Jordan Horston begins to come into her own and play every game like she did this last one, Zaay won't be our Scottie. . . Horace maybe? (( Her status will be determined when she comes back and takes what is hers,,,!

Zaay is very talented and has great potential but I don't think her presence would have vaulted this team into the top 10.

It doesn't make sense to me that you lose to Stanford by 27, then Stanford loses to Texas making that loss to Stanford even worse and you move up one spot.

But Coach Jumper is right, it does help the team mentally, so good for the Lady Vols.

Losses like these are mental,,
unless the losing team gets "steamrolled" from the gitgo.
It is mental.
If you play a team toe-to-toe or are beating a team in the opening and then get 3 qtrs of whipping's,,,it is mental.
You proved in Q1 you proved you could sustain play with them.

A lesson is only a lesson if something is learned or gained from it,,otherwise it is juts a bad experience..It helps them if something is learned from it
Like playing through runs of more than a 6 point run against you...it strengthens a team,, But only if the team has proven it CAN self-stop a run. Otherwise I feel it is detrimental. And it costs morale because a team feels "they are fighting,,why isn't coach"

I feel the same way when I watch SC do the very same thing...Dawn will let runs of more than 6 go by when they happen and they grow exponentially with time too.
I wonder why?

This one I am Old school all the way on...I've got four TO's per game...two for instruction or run stops and two for late-in-the-game strategy..If I need more that two late in the game, for the most part I am more trouble than 4 will give me anyway.

But I want to see us play like a #2 ...
#2 is better than our present #22

that is why I went back a inserted the "a"
If you think about it
only without the "a" can a mind linger into "stinker"

I do not believe they should be ranked in the top 25 considering how they played overall against the schedule they have played.

shut yo mouth...:D:D:D...never look a gift horse in the mouth...just be grateful...:D:D:D

GO LADY VOLS!

I doesn't make sense to me that you lose to Stanford by 27, then Stanford loses to Texas making that loss to Stanford even worse and you move up one spot.

I suppose it comes down to which is more relevant...making the Texas loss better or the Stanford loss worse.

Hopefully, we will show in SEC play that we deserve to be ranked.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

Serious question. If I weren't working today I'd research it myself:

Are there any unranked teams who've played and beaten Top 25 teams that should take our place in the poll?

VN Store

Back