Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Terrific win for Texas! Looks like maybe all they needed to get their confidence up was to come into Knoxville and get a big win, ‘cause they’ve come on strong ever since that day.

Reactions: krichunaka
Aston's rotation is perfect she plays the starters most of the minutes fills in with four other players that play limited minutes. If it hadn't been for her injury Holmes plays a full forty.

Aston's rotation is perfect she plays the starters most of the minutes fills in with four other players that play limited minutes. If it hadn't been for her injury Holmes plays a full forty.

Good for Texas!
I think (and in full disclosure, hope) that we’re a ways away from settling our Rotation, because I don’t think we have the quality, or more importantly, the legs, to play in such a fashion (though, the incredibly talented Miss Burrell might be readying to put much of the debate to rest). This is not to argue the rights or wrongs of our Rotation dilemma, as much as I still think we’ll need more, from more players, until our Freshmen are fully up to the task.
They’re not. Not yet.
I didn’t see the Texas - Stanford game, but I’m very curious what’s up with Kiana Williams. Do you (or anyone) know why she didn’t play?

Good for Texas!
I think (and in full disclosure, hope) that we’re a ways away from settling our Rotation, because I don’t think we have the quality, or more importantly, the legs, to play in such a fashion (though, the incredibly talented Miss Burrell might be readying to put much of the debate to rest). This is not to argue the rights or wrongs of our Rotation dilemma, as much as I still think we’ll need more, from more players, until our Freshmen are fully up to the task.
They’re not. Not yet.
I didn’t see the Texas - Stanford game, but I’m very curious what’s up with Kiana Williams. Do you (or anyone) know why she didn’t play?

Stanford played soft

Reactions: NeedOrange
Good for Texas!
They’re not. Not yet.

Williams actually played 39 minutes and scored 15 points for Stanford today: Stanford vs. Texas - Box Score - December 22, 2019 - ESPN

hopefully Tn gets their act together before they face Ucons
I just got back from the UConn/OK game and despite a really stinky start UConn demolished them 97-53. ONO had 27/15 and 7 blocks.

That said, Taylor Robertson from OK is a real sharpshooter. She had 7 threes (50%) despite being face guarded for much of the second half. I have never seen a shooter that was so quick on the trigger. No catch and shoot, no squaring the shoulders or placing the feet. The ball touched her hands and the shot was in the air. Unfortunately for the Sooners she was pretty much all they brought to the game.
One sour note for me - UConn scored on a breakaway with 15-20 seconds left in the game and a huge lead. Boo!

Reactions: wcbbfantalk
I just got back from the UConn/OK game and despite a really stinky start UConn demolished them 97-53. ONO had 27/15 and 7 blocks.

That said, Taylor Robertson from OK is a real sharpshooter. She had 7 threes (50%) despite being face guarded for much of the second half. I have never seen a shooter that was so quick on the trigger. No catch and shoot, no squaring the shoulders or placing the feet. The ball touched her hands and the shot was in the air. Unfortunately for the Sooners she was pretty much all they brought to the game.
One sour note for me - UConn scored on a breakaway with 15-20 seconds left in the game and a huge lead. Boo!
Coach Dailey was clearly upset with that basket and I’m sure she had a talk with Williams about that after the game.

Reactions: mcannon1
Which teams have most room for improvement that are legitimate final 4 contenders. I will say South Carolina. They have enough experience and those freshmen should be a lot better come March.

Reactions: JustaChicken
If UConn does not have any injuries they will probably be the favorite. I would like to see Oregon or Louisville win it this year.
With Texas beating Stanford today I might have to change my mind about the Lady Bears chances to win it all. Of course I will have to reserve judgement until they play UConn. This is definitely a season like we have never seen before.

Good for Texas!
They’re not. Not yet.
Kiana Williams played almost the entire game. Maybe you mean Dijonai Carrington or Maya Dodson? Both are out with injury.

Texas Tech moves to 10-0 on the season:

Lady Raiders top Louisiana Monroe 83-38 for 10-0 start

HOW IT HAPPENED

Brittany Brewer recorded 12 points, 14 rebounds and an NCAA-record-tying 16 blocks for the first triple-double of her career and eighth in program history. Brewer's 16 blocks, not only tied the NCAA record, but shattered the previous school record for blocks, which was 10.

Which teams have most room for improvement that are legitimate final 4 contenders. I will say South Carolina. They have enough experience and those freshmen should be a lot better come March.
I agree...the fact that Lele Grissett who was the 23rd player and a 5 star (2017) is playing so well off the bench and the improvement of the freshmen I think we have a very good shot at the national championship. It's early but we consistently have 6 players scoring in double figures and there is no one player to key on. Grissett is a 6'2" guard....moved from forward and she is a total mismatch. Baylor with Cox getting banged around by Boston...(or any other player Boston goes against) will negate any height advantage. The girl has girth at 6'5"....and Amihere is still taking it slow after surgery. This is special class and add Harris , Harrington, Cooke and Beal....geez...the sky is the limit this year alone....but enough about us...lol...

Good for Texas!
They’re not. Not yet.
She did play 39 minutes in this game for Stanford. She didn't play very well only 4 of 16 from the field but still added 15 points.

VN Store

Back