Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Anyone figured out how to see the Missouri State v. Gonzaga game that starts at 8? I’d love to see it. GO BEARS!

Zags won 64-52. Zags sound for real...remember, they only lost to Stanford by three points in overtime. Should move up in the rankings.

Interesting comment in pre-game write-up was about Zags' depth was how Coach Lisa Fortier "develops players by giving them huge minutes off the bench before they ever see the starting lineup."

Sounds similar to Kellie's philosophy.

Last edited:
Zags outscored Mo State 22-12 in third quarter. Up until then, game was pretty even (and Mo St outscored Gonzaga by 3 in 4th). Final game stats were almost identical in every category except FG percentage (45% to 34%). Zags got points from nine players; State only from six.

Mo St bigs got in some foul trouble and were scoring non-factor (Franklin 3-3; Gartner 0-2) and Zags did great job denying post entry.

Didn't see game but read game summary, box score, and comments from Mo St message board.

Box score puzzled me a little, as Elle Ruffridge only played 13 minutes despite shooting 3-7 and being third-leading Lady Bear scorer in the game with 9 points (including 2-4 threes). I wondered if she was hurt or sick but didn't see any comments about that.

Last edited:
Zags lost to Stanford in overtime so they are a terrific team. Playing at home they were to much for Missouri State to handle. I would love to see these two play a rematch in Missouri.

Kentucky goes on the road and beats CAL 63-61. UK gets a win against a team with a lot of size in the post. I think USC will be the pretty clear front runner of the SEC, but 2-5 maybe even 6 will be close and fun to watch play out.

Stanford at Texas today noon CST on ESPN2. I think it will be a good game believe Texas will lose but should be no more than 10 or 12. If they get the guard play they got against us will be closer than that.

Zags lost to Stanford in overtime so they are a terrific team. Playing at home they were to much for Missouri State to handle. I would love to see these two play a rematch in Missouri.
I saw this game, and it was Missouri State's worst game of the year ---- BUT Gonzaga had a LOT to do with that -- very quick, tall, disciplined, and play excellent D

Yep Pressley is the real deal and jumps out of the gym. Not many her size jumps so well. I really feel like Wisconsin will win and I don't pull for Stanford in anything. They are really good as well but too much uppity for my blood!
Did not see the match but Stanford handily beat Wisconsin in 3 sets to win the volleyball championship!! I am surprised but I am surprised often!!!! gag!!!!

Question for Baylor fans. Do you see Baylor going to the final 4 if Cox is not well enough to play significant effective minutes?

Texas up 11 on Stanford in the second quarter. Stanford really having a hard time with their shot tonight. Texas is going to be up and down all season. Holmes is playing tough tonight, first time I’ve seen her play to her potential since some game’s her freshman year.

What a great game. So glad that Holmes is back in. I didn’t *think* it was a serious injury while looking at it, but when she had to be helped off the court I wasn’t sure. What a relief!

Reactions: aretha57

VN Store

Back