Lamonte Turner out for the season

His first redshirt wasn’t an injury but it was odd due to ncaa issue

I don’t think he can get one
It would have to be a waiver. I think he would have decent shot given his injury history. My question would be does he want one?

It would have to be a waiver. I think he would have decent shot given his injury history. My question would be does he want one?

May not want one but doesn’t have a decent shot UNLESS that first year somehow is not considered a year where his 5 year clock started since he reclassified

May not want one but doesn’t have a decent shot UNLESS that first year somehow is not considered a year where his 5 year clock started since he reclassified
They grant 6 years sometimes when the first wasn't medical. NCAA is very inconsistentin how they rule. Given what we have coming in, I'm not sure he has a spot. Hate it for him and the Vols. Doubt we make the tournament now for sure. Thought we were a bubble team with him.

Reactions: 1985Vols
They grant 6 years sometimes when the first wasn't medical. NCAA is very inconsistentin how they rule. Given what we have coming in, I'm not sure he has a spot. Hate it for him and the Vols. Doubt we make the tournament now for sure. Thought we were a bubble team with him.

I don’t know of any 6th year being granted that an injury or personal issue wasn’t the reason for sitting out both years

I’d love to hear an example

Last edited:
The 5-year clock starts when a player enrolls.

Yes I know but just thinking maybe tuner could argue the reason he was t eligible that first year was for reasons outside of his control. Only thing I can think of that might allow him to get a 6th year

It's been a while, but I think that Darryl Dickey had a 6th year in 1985. No idea about the circumstances.

Also football, Kennedy is "seeking" another year, but my question in his situation is when did he enroll at Bama after graduating HS in 2014? Did he wait until January 2015 to enroll? Was he rehabbing from day 1 or was he injured while practicing at Bama?

I'm thinking that LT is shutting it down now so he'll be ready to play overseas after the current season.

To be honest even if he got one, he’d likely sit behind guys. Don’t think he’d get ceremonial starting spot over more talented guys

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back