My little charity... needs families to adopt and donations.

That's awesome ClearwaterVol! I bet there are a lot of families in Knoxville that could use the help. I haven't seen any sign of the Angel Tree program we usually have here. I know the founder died in May but I guess I expected it to continue on after being such an institution. The Salvation Army has a program of the same name, but not the same setup at all. Maybe the program was passed on to them.

Damn man, I'd seen this thread for a while, but hadn't looked in till just now. I just got to say "wow" you are good people. This is an awesome thing you're doing. This world could use more like this.

We're up to 37 families and we're taking 42 stuffed animals to All Children's
Just outstanding. You have no idea how much those kids appreciate surprises and the attention. It's so important to keep their spirits up for healing, especially in places like the Oncology floor and ICU.

48 kids + the All Childrens

If anyone has heard of anymore families... I am still able to handle more.
I don’t know of anyone specific, but what about families with children with special needs (Down syndrome)?

I want to reach out and thank everyone that helped make what our little charity was able to accomplish this year possible. We ended up affecting 92 kids this year for Christmas. We started this with a goal of 8-10. The really great news is that we still have $2,000.00+ in the bank, thanks to some large really late donations. (We got $1,500 on Christmas Eve.) The thank you notes have been humbling and there are people on this board that helped make that happen, so I wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you. We have some plans this year to grow even more and we are going to get an early start on this because last year we didn't even start until November.

I want to reach out and thank everyone that helped make what our little charity was able to accomplish this year possible. We ended up affecting 92 kids this year for Christmas. We started this with a goal of 8-10. The really great news is that we still have $2,000.00+ in the bank, thanks to some large really late donations. (We got $1,500 on Christmas Eve.) The thank you notes have been humbling and there are people on this board that helped make that happen, so I wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you. We have some plans this year to grow even more and we are going to get an early start on this because last year we didn't even start until November.
My daughter, the social worker in St. Pete, told me the needy family you helped were so grateful for the gifts for their kids and that it was a wonderful Christmas because of your generosity. It’s very touching what you do, thank you.

Great job CWV!

I am looking for families and donations, again. Because of the support of VN and we were able to have a positive impact on almost 100 kids last Christmas and we are looking to improve on that number this year. I know it has been a tough year, but if any of you have the means The Island of Misfit Toys - Tax ID 84-315-8439 is seeking donations.

If you know of a family that has been particularly hard hit, please contact me.

I am looking for families and donations, again. Because of the support of VN and we were able to have a positive impact on almost 100 kids last Christmas and we are looking to improve on that number this year. I know it has been a tough year, but if any of you have the means The Island of Misfit Toys - Tax ID 84-315-8439 is seeking donations.

Best way to donate?

Thank you for doing this again this year, I was really impressed with all the lives you touched last year.
I just mentioned this to my daughter the therapist in St Pete and she has a family in mind and would like your contact information.
Again, thank you for all you do.

Best way to donate?

You can send a check to The Island of Misfit Toys - 5622 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33707
If you prefer you can Zelle it to me, as well. 727-348-8962

Thank you for doing this again this year, I was really impressed with all the lives you touched last year.
I just mentioned this to my daughter the therapist in St Pete and she has a family in mind and would like your contact information.
Again, thank you for all you do.

hmurphy@JLGTampaBay.com

Reactions: MAD
I don't see a way to donate from that site and I don't recall setting up any connection between my charity and that site for fundraising purposes. Not to say that I did not, but I don't recall it. I appreciate the donation, I just want to make sure that it is getting to my charity.
Amen! Upon checkout, it showed the charity receiving 96% of my donation. Hope I wasn't to hasty in my choice of donation pathway.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
I did it here...QUOTE]
I don't see a way to donate from that site and I don't recall setting up any connection between my charity and that site for fundraising purposes. Not to say that I did not, but I don't recall it. I appreciate the donation, I just want to make sure that it is getting to my charity.
That is wonderful @malinoisvol you are a great guy. Might not be a bad idea for both of you to delete just the link or that post that has the link in it just in case anybody else sees it first.

That is wonderful @malinoisvol you are a great guy. Might not be a bad idea for both of you to delete just the link or that post that has the link in it just in case anybody else sees it first.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Thanks everyone. We cannot make it happen without the generosity of all of our supporters. You can also support us by ordering through smile.amazon.com and linking with our charity. Amazon then donates a portion of each transaction to the charity.

VN Store

Back