Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

The 100s of pages Pat and Tennessee handed the NCAA and nothing happened because there were no violations. Geno can stick up for himself. I just stated facts and dont worship anyone in sports! It is time to let it go and let us hopefully enjoy the greatest rivalry in WCBB and at one time the 2nd best rivalry in CBB only behind Duke and North Carolina Men according to ESPN!

"100s of pages" - wrong
"no violations" - wrong
"I just stated facts" - wrong
"It is time to let it go" - wrong
and in another post ...
"there is nothing but respect for Pat on the Boneyard" - holy shite, wrong
espn - almost always wrong

I wish we would never have to deal with Geno again. To me, Holly's greatest transgression was bringing him back into our lives.

makes millions of $ off of sport that Pat "built" gives peanuts to her memory.. All hail gee no!
Pat wasn't the ONLY one who 'built up' women's basketball and there were many other men and women who "built" the sport into what it has become today? Ignorance is bliss when you traipse through life with your mind closed????? Here's someone who preceded Pat and also shared her first name: Former Radford women's basketball coach Pat Barrett was a trailblazer and mentor

"100s of pages" - wrong
"no violations" - wrong
"I just stated facts" - wrong
"It is time to let it go" - wrong
and in another post ...
"there is nothing but respect for Pat on the Boneyard" - holy shite, wrong
espn - almost always wrong

I wish we would never have to deal with Geno again. To me, Holly's greatest transgression was bringing him back into our lives.
Grow up!!!

Looks like ole geno is laid up in the psych ward after a surgical procedure. 65 years old who knew ? Said he would be out undetermined amount of time. Hope the bastard is still in the hospital when we play them anyway!

Reactions: RollerVol
TN shooting woes have to be corrected by then.
Agreed. From the tidbits I've read here and there, the players have been putting up extra shots on their own in order to improve, and I also heard from someone that they shoot better in practice than in games. So, unfortunately, it sounds to me like a mental barrier will need to be broken, and that is not an easy thing to do. After a player develops good shooting form, confidence is the most important thing she can possess. And confidence can be gained through lots and lots and lots and lots of repetition, coupled with lots and lots and lots and lots of guts to actually want to BE that person who WANTS to have the ball in her hands when her team needs points. There can be no doubt in her head that she is absolutely going to make that shot and win the game for her team.

As unpopular as this is going to be for me to have said, I think in the modern era the most supremely confident shooter (in her heyday, that is) Tennessee ever faced was Diana Taurasi. You could see it on her face and in her body language. She had zero doubt that she should be, and would be, the one taking the last shot in a close game. Everyone knew it. And no matter how closely she was guarded, she'd find a way to get off a shot and made it more often than not. The most supremely confident Lady Vol shooter I can recall right this second was Kara Lawson. She wasn't as good as shoot as Taurasi was, but she had "it." She'd shoot the ball knowing it was going in. It was alllll over her face that she wanted the ball to take the last shot. And several times she stuck the dagger into the hearts of opponents with her steely confidence.

Right now we don't have anyone like that, and we may never have anyone like Kara again. Few teams ever have anyone quite like those two, so it's a big ask of anyone to fill that grand role. But who knows? Maybe the switch will come on for someone this year or next and then the Lady Vol Basketball world will be on balance again. :D

Agreed. From the tidbits I've read here and there, the players have been putting up extra shots on their own in order to improve, and I also heard from someone that they shoot better in practice than in games. So, unfortunately, it sounds to me like a mental barrier will need to be broken, and that is not an easy thing to do. After a player develops good shooting form, confidence is the most important thing she can possess. And confidence can be gained through lots and lots and lots and lots of repetition, coupled with lots and lots and lots and lots of guts to actually want to BE that person who WANTS to have the ball in her hands when her team needs points. There can be no doubt in her head that she is absolutely going to make that shot and win the game for her team.

As unpopular as this is going to be for me to have said, I think in the modern era the most supremely confident shooter (in her heyday, that is) Tennessee ever faced was Diana Taurasi. You could see it on her face and in her body language. She had zero doubt that she should be, and would be, the one taking the last shot in a close game. Everyone knew it. And no matter how closely she was guarded, she'd find a way to get off a shot and made it more often than not. The most supremely confident Lady Vol shooter I can recall right this second was Kara Lawson. She wasn't as good as shoot as Taurasi was, but she had "it." She'd shoot the ball knowing it was going in. It was alllll over her face that she wanted the ball to take the last shot. And several times she stuck the dagger into the hearts of opponents with her steely confidence.

Right now we don't have anyone like that, and we may never have anyone like Kara again. Few teams ever have anyone quite like those two, so it's a big ask of anyone to fill that grand role. But who knows? Maybe the switch will come on for someone this year or next and then the Lady Vol Basketball world will be on balance again. :D

As an opponent Kara was fearsome, but the LV who caused the most fear
th

Looks like ole geno is laid up in the psych ward after a surgical procedure. 65 years old who knew ? Said he would be out undetermined amount of time. Hope the bastard is still in the hospital when we play them anyway!
Actually he's at home, recuperating and well enough to facetime and banter with the team after their 40 point win last night.

Your post makes me wonder who belongs in the psych ward. Only an A Hole would take pleasure in another person's serious medical problem. It's just a ******* basketball game fool.

Actually he's at home, recuperating and well enough to facetime and banter with the team after their 40 point win last night.

Your post makes me wonder who belongs in the psych ward. Only an A Hole would take pleasure in another person's serious medical problem. It's just a ******* basketball game fool.

Please don’t let the few fool you into thinking all LV fan base is that classless. As much as I want to beat UConn and Geno no one should delight in another’s discomfort.

Who cares what that dude has to say about anything?
Geno is also pissed that he lost out on several top recruits for 2019 and 2020. It appears that UCONN is not the automatic go to place for many recruits. As of now UCONN is not the lockdown National Champions anymore. Geno is no longer the big news in women’s college basketball. We just happen to be the team to kick around. He has to deal with the fact he is no longer the king of the hill.

Reactions: feathersax
As an opponent Kara was fearsome, but the LV who caused the most fear
th

I agree that Chamique was the all-time greatest Lady Vol. She was consistently outstanding for all four years of her career, and, save for a poorly-timed illness, she very well may have graduated with four NCAA National Championships. She was the greatest, and she made it look so darn easy.

But when I compared Kara and Diana I guess I was mostly thinking about the way they projected supreme confidence in their long-range shots at crunch time. They both had that thing that few have. Now, Chamique (and Candace) wanted the ball at crunch time, too, but Kara, like Taurasi, had a natural cockiness about her that really stood out for me. And while I can't remember exactly how many, I do remember there being several big games (including the first time a college team beat the USA women's team) in which Kara's last-second three won the game for Tennessee. And I remember thinking, "Everyone in the arena knew she'd be taking that shot and STILL she swished it!"

Reactions: Dube and NeedOrange
Geno is also pissed that he lost out on several top recruits for 2019 and 2020. It appears that UCONN is not the automatic go to place for many recruits. As of now UCONN is not the lockdown National Champions anymore. Geno is no longer the big news in women’s college basketball. We just happen to be the team to kick around. He has to deal with the fact he is no longer the king of the hill.
Geno has a really good class of 2020 and 2021 coming in. I am praying Kellie gets a couple of top notch kids to mix in with the hard workers.

Auriemma has the #1 2020 recruit (Bueckers) along with 2 other top ranked players. UConn's 2020 class is ranked #2 by Hoopgurlz. For 2021 he already has commitments from the #5 and the #17 ranked ecruits. I think UConn will be OK.

If I were a Tennessee fan I would be concerned more about Tennessee's recruiting class.

Auriemma has the #1 2020 recruit (Bueckers) along with 2 other top ranked players. UConn's 2020 class is ranked #2 by Hoopgurlz. For 2021 he already has commitments from the #5 and the #17 ranked recruits. I think UConn will be OK.

If I were a Tennessee fan I would be concerned more about Tennessee's recruiting class.
Geno is the favorite to land the #1 2021 recruit in Azzi Fudd and has a already has a commitment from the #3 2022 recruit. I agree with you that Tennessee fans need to be concerned about their own recruiting classes.

Well mrs. geno mamma I am glad that the dick you have for a son keeps in contact with you by facetime. Hit ignore if you want to since you are a sucker!! The basement is where you need to go!

VN Store

Back