'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

@sjt18 someone needs to tell UT Football and Pruitt he isn't a qb who doesn't have college level arm power. Their listing of arm strength as one of his traits and him being a qb is obviously a mistake you should correct them on.

Great pickup though. A ton of potential. Could be huge down the line.
Dude. Stop being a moron. JG's HS video is still available. Compare his arm strength to that of this kid.... and JG has average to above average arm strength for a UT or SEC QB.

You think you're smart hiding behind parsed stats and "experts" but you are really pretty transparent.

If I'm wrong... no one will be happier than me. All I want is for UT to have great players coached by great coaches. Don't care what they look like or where they come from. I'm a Vol fan. You... seem to view Vols through a certain "lens".

Tebow could throw a football through a brick wall. He could do it with brute force. This kid can't.

Witness what happened when Tebow got to the NFL though. What he couldn't do as a passer prevented him from being a QB. Someone gave him some bad advice... he could have changed positions and been good.
I see it differently. I think Tebow was just ahead of his time as a running quarterback and the NFL tried to force him into the prototypical mold. The game has advanced now where coaches are designing offenses around their QB's running ability. If Tebow had of been in an offense like that, he would have done much better.

I see it differently. I think Tebow was just ahead of his time as a running quarterback and the NFL tried to force him into the prototypical mold. The game has advanced now where coaches are designing offenses around their QB's running ability. If Tebow had of been in an offense like that, he would have done much better.

Yeah, I think it was the VQ guys saying on a podcast the other day, "imagine Heath Shuler in one of the offenses they run today."

Cut incorporated the option when Heath played. I would also argue we had more talent on line over all, as well at HB.

Sure, and Shuler was as good of a short yardage runner as I have ever seen until Tebow came along, but I'd love to see what he could have done in a modern spread offense like Malzahn or Lincoln Riley runs.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Sure, and Shuler was as good of a short yardage runner as I have ever seen until Tebow came along, but I'd love to see what he could have done in a modern spread offense like Malzahn or Lincoln Riley runs.
Ahh. Who knows? Shuler had an arm, just a hose. Tebow was just plain and simple best college player ive ever seen in person. I cannot recall us ever stopping him. 3rd and 1? 3 rd and 15? all same, hate it. Newton was good too. Crazy Florida had them both.

EB was also great, my fav player of modern times.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Most of his issues with throwing are from bad footwork. He almost never sets his feet which completely ruins his mechanics. He actually has both feet off the ground on a lot of throws. It's kind of impressive that he completed over 63% of his passes considering probably 90% were off platform. Footwork and mechanics can be fixed with coaching though. He may not end up at qb, but he has the potential to do it. Would just take a couple years to fix his footwork and mechanics. Which nobody thinks he would play qb here his first couple years anyway.
Thanks for posting this. It is my understanding that 3 of our coaches are very familiar with the QB position. His mechanics were definitely discussed and someone said it was an easy fix. JH was made a priority recruit for more than his speed. UT has plans for him for sure.

Will be a reviver by the end of his freshman year. Doesn’t have the arm strength for an SEC QB. But he’s going to be great in the slot.
He could possibly be a threat on end arounds as well. Gonna be hard to contain him. Could be our Bowden. Hopefully we don’t a need a wr at qb tho

I’m all for using him as a change up option at Qb like many teams do including Florida this past year or the Saints do now. It
Can be very effective. Holliday could even be used this way as a freshman.

He knows he's not going to be a QB at UT, but Chaney will have a "package" for him. Some wildcat with RPO.

Pruitt made a comment today about not lying to kids about position. He said you bring them in and let them play where they want to play. This kid will be at QB unless he asks to be moved elsewhere, or there are injuries. Same with Whitehead at running back.

VN Store

Back