'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

6’6” with long arms and nimble feet. Yes.

That’s the prototypical LT body type we need in this class.

We’ve already got 3 hogmollies that will play inside. Really need that tall, quick, long armed athlete that we can develop as a blind side protector.

Reactions: mrMet
6’6” with long arms and nimble feet. Yes.

That’s the prototypical LT body type we need in this class.

We’ve already got 3 hogmollies that will play inside. Really need that tall, quick, long armed athlete that we can develop as a blind side protector.
Sits til Morris leaves...by then we’ll have his replacement. Prototype 3-4 DE all the way.

Sits til Morris leaves...by then we’ll have his replacement. Prototype 3-4 DE all the way.
Oh I thought he was being recruited for OL. Agreed, perfect size for 3-4 DE too.

Wanya may get pushed inside down the road. Especially if we get an elite OT prospect with true LT size.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Oh I thought he was being recruited for OL. Agreed, perfect size for 3-4 DE too.

Wanya may get pushed inside down the road. Especially if we get an elite OT prospect with true LT size.
Posters pushed him and Wright inside before they even signed. VN way. VQ agrees with your OT projection, but I love his athleticism on the other side of the ball...especially with Omari Thomas complementing.

Reactions: T Dog
Posters pushed him and Wright inside before they even signed. VN way. VQ agrees with your OT projection, but I love his athleticism on the other side of the ball...especially with Omari Thomas complementing.
Let’s get him on campus. Figure it out later.

No reason Wright can’t stay at RT. He’s the perfect size for it.
Wanya might stick at LT too. Who knows. Just aren’t that many elite 6’4” LT’s these days.

Two Tennessee targets are scheduled to make their college choices early Wednesday morning. Len’Neth Whitehead is torn between Tennessee, Carolina and UCLA, but the Athens Academy athlete is definitely a take for the Vols, who preferred Whitehead to other options like Vai Kaho. The question is will Whitehead go through with his 7:30 a.m. plans or wait until later in the day or February? 6-6, 300-pound lineman Reginald Perry will commit at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, with Tennessee in a great spot
- Simonton

I could see Wanya going to LG if we ever got a prototype LT body on campus.

Or Wright at LT and Wanya at LG/RG and move the new blood to RT. Course if Jahmir stays on campus and can add another 20-30 lbs he's got everything else you want in a LT. Not that Wanya isn't playing well there, but he might serve himself better to become a dominate guard in the next 2-3 years since he's not got the frame to be a NFL tackle.

I could see Wanya going to LG if we ever got a prototype LT body on campus.

Or Wright at LT and Wanya at LG/RG and move the new blood to RT. Course if Jahmir stays on campus and can add another 20-30 lbs he's got everything else you want in a LT. Not that Wanya isn't playing well there, but he might serve himself better to become a dominate guard in the next 2-3 years since he's not got the frame to be a NFL tackle.
I disagree. I believe Wanya definitely has more of a tackle body than a guard. Wanya is a bit thinner and has longer arms than your average olineman which translates to tackle.

I disagree. I believe Wanya definitely has more of a tackle body than a guard. Wanya is a bit thinner and has longer arms than your average olineman which translates to tackle.

Mind you I'm talking about NFL tackle not college, he's definitely big enough/good enough to be a 4 year starter at LT here in college. Not saying he isn't, but Wanya would have a better shot in the NFL at guard or maybe RT with his size.

Trey/Wright are the only two OL we got that have the "prototype" size for LT at the professional level.

Reactions: Helton1
He is a really great athlete for his size. Most likely a OT his upside is even better than Tate as far as Athletic Explosion goes. New to Football very Raw and the staff loves him. He will be a big steal in a few years if he brings his lunch pale to work every day.

Mind you I'm talking about NFL tackle not college, he's definitely big enough/good enough to be a 4 year starter at LT here in college. Not saying he isn't, but Wanya would have a better shot in the NFL at guard or maybe RT with his size.

Trey/Wright are the only two OL we got that have the "prototype" size for LT at the professional level.

No. His athleticism and wingspan are LT all the way. Height isn't that important -- Jason Peters (9x Pro Bowl) is 6'4. You keep a feet/length combo like Morris on the edge.

No. His athleticism and wingspan are LT all the way. Height isn't that important -- Jason Peters (9x Pro Bowl) is 6'4. You keep a feet/length combo like Morris on the edge.

Is RT not the edge, now?

Wanya does have a great wingspan though, good point. I'm perfectly okay with him remaining at LT, he may never play there in the NFL though. Peters is the exception, not the rule for LT size. Trey played better at LG and he's got better size than Wanya to be on the edge with more experience. So who knows? I'm not even sure Perry plays offensive line.

Is RT not the edge, now?

Wanya does have a great wingspan though, good point. I'm perfectly okay with him remaining at LT, he may never play there in the NFL though. Peters is the exception, not the rule for LT size. Trey played better at LG and he's got better size than Wanya to be on the edge with more experience. So who knows? I'm not even sure Perry plays offensive line.

Yeah, but an NFL team can move him wherever they want if they draft him. Darnell is much closer to Trey in terms of build (tall, thick, shorter arms). I don't think Wanya would hold up well at guard. WM is much more equipped physically to deal with lanky speed rushers than stocky bull-rushing DT's. I think he sticks at LT as long as he's at UT.

Reactions: Helton1
VOL

The staff REALLY likes this. He’ll play a lot as a freshman (barring injury).

His feet is what has coaches drooling. Super quick feet for a man his size and he’s not even grown yet.

Teams will regret overlooking this kid. Outstanding find by this staff. BRAVO!!!

One of my Top 3 favorite recruits this cycle

Last edited:

VN Store

Back