Live scouting thread: Stanford

What I want to know is how in the world did Ohio State upset Louisville last week. The team I'm seeing has no height. No speed. No offense. And if I didn't know they'd beaten Louisville last week I I would call them cupcake

I am watching this game on my TV. So I'm not wearing my reading glasses. So I have to trust that voice to text is not having a problem with my Southern drawl.

Yeah, that could happen

What stands out in the halftime stats. Stanford was 4of 15 3-pointers nine turnovers 10 assist 10 steals. They are super high intensity man-to-man defense. Almost no Zone. They get out on you once you get to the arc they really don't touch you coming down the court that much but they will not let you inside the arc without some sort of resistance

Last edited:
They swarmed the paint when the ball goes inside sometimes triple teaming.tonight they're not Triple- teaming a player like key or KK they won't be able to do that with us cuz we we we can kick the ball back out or go over them

Last edited:
Stanford gets a lot of opportunistic steals. They will cut behind somebody that the is about to go to a Pivot right or left and catch the ball as they're pivoting. I've seen this about half a dozen times already and the games only 5/8 through

Last edited:
Stanford will also get you the crowd the top of the key and kick out to a baseline shooter usually Lexie Hull or Hannah jumps. They'll all the defense in I playing it close to the top of the key and when the defense leaves one of the Baseline Shooters they kick it out real fast

Last edited:
I have noticed that teams even though Ohio State as weak as they look tonight continue to Drive unscaved to the basket.
SO far no Stanford player has come close to stopping a drive or standing in the way of an oncoming charge I haven't seen anything close to that

Last edited:
It's going to be difficult to decipher anything from this game because well for instance Ohio State's Lowe post presence has the look and body of a third baseman for softball

I wonder if Ohio state will give them a false sense of where they're at. Because from what I'm seeing from Ohio State they would have a difficult time beating a good AAU exposure team

Whoever we put on Haley Jones has got to guard her coming down the floor. If they wait till she gets within the step of the 3-point line she's going to the basket

We need to put Burrell on Haley Jones and Horston on Williams That's definite!

We have to extend our defense out on the floor...I have seen two games with Stanford and no one has pressured the ball....The only trap I did see tonight from OSU rattled williams.

Last edited:
Game is that 8 minutes and 32 seconds 4th quarter Stanford is at 56 to 42 and now Wilson is starting to wake up

What I want to know is how in the world did Ohio State upset Louisville last week. The team I'm seeing has no height. No speed. No offense. And if I didn't know they'd beaten Louisville last week I I would call them cupcake

Funny how that is. One game doesn't necessarily mean anything to another game.

I'm sure you know that there are reasons for such disparate results.

- Homecourt. Ohio State beat Louisville on their home court. The only lost to UConn by 11 on that same court.

- Matchups. Sometimes matchups make a big difference.

- Sometimes teams have good games and they have bad games. Ohio State struggled with the Stanford defense, but some of that was just rushed offense. They were patient against Louisville. Not so much Stanford.

Stanford's defense was outstanding in this game. At times their offense was terrific. Should be a fun game against Tennessee.

Funny how that is. One game doesn't necessarily mean anything to another game.

I'm sure you know that there are reasons for such disparate results.

- Homecourt. Ohio State beat Louisville on their home court. The only lost to UConn by 11 on that same court.

- Matchups. Sometimes matchups make a big difference.

- Sometimes teams have good games and they have bad games. Ohio State struggled with the Stanford defense, but some of that was just rushed offense. They were patient against Louisville. Not so much Stanford.

Stanford's defense was outstanding in this game. At times their offense was terrific. Should be a fun game against Tennessee.
Good points Dogg

Should be a good reunion for KK and Maya Dodson . They played high school together! Both are contributing to their teams !

I watched three quarters of the OSU-Stanford game and also wondered how OSU beat Louisville. That said, I am glad Stanford won because they aren't likely to lose two games in a row, so we have a chance, if we can manage to hit our shots --- not holding my breath on that one though :) --- Go Lady Vols!

Obvious to me we'll have to hold them in the 60's with our defense to have a chance to win. Were not very good offensively right now and until I see players making the easy shots they should make a high percentage of defense will have to be the way we win.

VN Store

Back