'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

He mentioned Chaney a lot and feels like he can succeed his offense.

And let’s be honest, who would want to play in Coley’s offense at Georgia?
I have no clue what your comment has to do with the fact that they’re getting played??? He’s led everyone on to believe it’s GA for months. Come Wednesday they will realize they’ve been played.

After traveling to Tennessee this weekend on his fifth and final official visit, Darnell Washington plans to make a decision to make over the next few days and sign with the school of his choice on Wednesday.

But he doesn’t plan to reveal where he’s going until later.

The five-star Class of 2020 tight end/athlete from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas said after his official visit with the Vols this weekend that he plans to sign on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period, but he won’t announce his decision until Jan. 2 at the Under Armour All-America Game.
“That’s the plan — signing on Wednesday, Under Armour game, then announcing it and just going from there,” said Washington, who’s ranked the No. 10 overall prospect and No. 1 athlete in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

As he prepared to return home to Las Vegas on Sunday night, the 6-foot-7.5, 261-pound Washington said he hadn’t arrived at a final decision just yet. He plans to spend the next couple of days weighing his options.

Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Miami have hosted him on official visits in addition to Tennessee, and he said he’s still considering “pretty much my top five.”

“It’s just something I’ve got to get back to, like, when I get back to Vegas — got to think it,” Washington said. “This is by far the hardest decision of my life so far, so I just don’t want to make no wrong mistakes. I’ve just got to sit down, talk about it, go over it with my mom and everybody. ...

“I kind of said something (in my) last previous interview. I said it was, like, coming down to Tennessee, I think I said Georgia and ‘Bama. Miami lately — home visit, that went great — and Florida, so it’s just something I’ve really got to think about.”

Washington already was plenty familiar with Tennessee, which had hosted him on a handful of unofficial visits since June 2018, before making the trip to Knoxville again this weekend.

His latest look at the Vols allowed him to attend one of their practices for the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl on Jan. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla., and spend plenty of time with coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff, led by tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer.

“Biggest takeaway (was) just seeing how they run practice, seeing Pruitt out there, Brian Niedermeyer out there coaching the tight ends, seeing how they use the tight ends,” Washington said.

“The presentation was great, seeing what (offensive coordinator Jim) Chaney developed and, Hunter Henry from Arkansas to now, all the people he coached, all the people he recruited, all the tight ends he used.

“This is my sixth time coming here, so I kind of already knew what they do and how they do it. I think this trip was just, like, kind of vacation, if you want to call it, or just, like, a chill, relaxed trip.

“Everything about this trip was great. Just waiting ‘til January 2nd when I announce.”

Washington started by pointing to Niedermeyer, his primary recruiter for Tennessee, in explaining why the Vols are among his finalists and he’s still giving them strong consideration.

“It would be coach Brian Niedermeyer,” Washington said. “Since I was a sophomore, he’s been recruiting me. He’s not one of them coaches that offered me and then, some schools, they just stopped talking to me, stopped recruiting me. Him, it was different. He kept coming at me. I just built a strong relationship with him.

“Pruitt, he’s a good dude — good, hearty dude.”

He said he believes Tennessee’s tight ends could be more productive going into the Vols’ second year under Chaney.

“Chaney came in, what, last year? So this year he kind of tried with Dom (Wood-Anderson),” Washington said. “But it’s hard for someone to learn who was coming from a whole different offense to try to run a pro-style offense. It’s not really their fault or Dom’s fault. But if Dom had another year, I think it would probably, like — his (production) would go up.”

While four SEC schools are among Washington’s finalists, each of the five teams he’s considering, he said, remains in the running for dfiferent reasons.

“Each place got their own, unique things,” he said. “I don’t know. It’s a lot.”

He and his family plan to consider multiple factors.

“With my mom, I’m her last one, so she’s really worried about, am I going to be OK at the school? Like, everything’s good, so she don’t got to worry about me,” Washington said. “But, with me, it’s going to be getting developed, trying to get to the next level.”

With signing day still almost 72 hours away for Washington, he admitted he’s likely to wait as long as possible — perhaps until Tuesday night — to make up his mind on where he’s going.

“I’m like that with my homework,” he said. “I do my homework late. Named my daughter late — day of — so probably Tuesday night, maybe Tuesday morning. I don’t know.”

Ryan Callahan 247sports:

Last edited:
Who gives a crap..those bastard Turdeater bagmen went all in on Kirby when they hired him. When AV spoke about it at the time, he actually sounded shocked at how much UGA had raised the bar..

Breathe .. I was making a funny . I don’t care what they say on there boards except to laugh at it .

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
“With my mom, I’m her last one, so she’s really worried about, am I going to be OK at the school? Like, everything’s good, so she don’t got to worry about me,” Washington said. “But, with me, it’s going to be getting developed, trying to get to the next level.”

This is where Nieds has this one wrapped up.

Vol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back