Oklahoma is beatable next season

Losing Hurts, that will knock them down a bit, but will still be an uphill battle. A win there could set the tone for Pruitt’s official coming out party.
So your saying that the coach that has 2 consecutive Heisman running QBs and a final 4 finalist QB will not have another good QB next season? GTFO.

5 star stud just red shirted in Rattler! We can beat them but it will be very difficult especially on the road!

Reactions: 08Vol
Stop with the fair chance bs. Were you not watching when JG lost the job this year..

You JG haters are a weird ass group of people..i agree he aint going to win the Heisman but to pretend the coaches arent going to play the guy that gives us the best chance to winis asinne.

Personally IDAF who starts or plays...i just want them to do well. Actually i do gaf, as a decent human being im pulling for the kid that has dealt with more adversity than any ive seen in my 4 decades of watching UT football. And most of the adversity is from sh,,y fans who are clueless.
Bailey will beat out JG at some point in the year. He is already better today.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I will hold my judgment to next year after I see how this team grows in spring and then summer camp. Then I will have better idea somewhat of how our team looks and can go on the road and win against Top Ten program.

See this is the thread I hate. I completely agree with it. But if we get stomped, the apologists will be out in droves talking about talent disparity, etc. there’s no reason we shouldn’t win this game at this point in CJP’s tenure. Year three folks

Bailey will beat out JG at some point in the year. He is already better today.

Don’t understand how people can come to this conclusion right now. HB has not played or practiced a single play at the college level, so how do you know he’s already better today? IMO, too many are still influenced in their opinion of JG by the first half of the season, and one very bad play vs Bama. I get the frustration, I was right there with you after the bonehead play. But his response towards the team and coaches took guts, he owned his mistake, and showed good progress the rest of the season.

I’d be interested to know if there’s ever been another qb who played under 4 different O.C. his first four years in college. For whatever reason, he struggled badly early in the season. I for one, am looking forward to seeing what JG does next year with another spring and fall camp under Chaney to continue to improve. I just feel some believe JG has already reached his ceiling without realizing how difficult his first four years have been, a different O.C. every year.

All that being said, IF Bailey were to beat out JG, I’d be very happy, just don’t think it’s likely.

OK barely got by a Butch coached Vols team with a Heisman winner as their QB. It would surprise me none Pruitt's version of the Vols go out there and work them over, just saying.

We had a punchers chance against Bama this year. Year three should yield more than that.
LOL. Bama will pound us yet again. We still aren't in their stratosphere when it comes to talent. Big losses to UF, Bama, and UGA and OU. Hopefully we can win the rest.

I hope the Vols beat them but we haven't even beaten the better teams in our own division lately. Not putting the cart before the horse.

1576441466093.png

Don’t understand how people can come to this conclusion right now. HB has not played or practiced a single play at the college level, so how do you know he’s already better today? IMO, too many are still influenced in their opinion of JG by the first half of the season, and one very bad play vs Bama. I get the frustration, I was right there with you after the bonehead play. But his response towards the team and coaches took guts, he owned his mistake, and showed good progress the rest of the season.

I’d be interested to know if there’s ever been another qb who played under 4 different O.C. his first four years in college. For whatever reason, he struggled badly early in the season. I for one, am looking forward to seeing what JG does next year with another spring and fall camp under Chaney to continue to improve. I just feel some believe JG has already reached his ceiling without realizing how difficult his first four years have been, a different O.C. every year.

All that being said, IF Bailey were to beat out JG, I’d be very happy, just don’t think it’s likely.
Can we please get off this 4th off coordinator in 4 years storyline. Numerous quarterbacks throughout the nation have jumped teams and offensive coordinators and still been able produce both better decisions and numbers than our current quarterback.

An off coordinator is not going to teach you how to lead a receiver, if you haven't learned that in 4 years of college football you're not going to learn it

LOL. Bama will pound us yet again. We still aren't in their stratosphere when it comes to talent. Big losses to UF, Bama, and UGA and OU. Hopefully we can win the rest.
I understand this comment, but nothing we have seen this year suggests that will be the case. This team far better than the group that lost to GA and FL this year. Another year, and UT will for sure be competitive against anyone. Will they win?? Who knows. Will they get blown out by them all?? Not likely.

No they wouldn’t. They’d get 30 or so. And I realize that the Semi has no direct “bearing,” but if the metric is best teams, there are 3 teams in the SEC that deserved to be in the CFP over OU. I believe even Tennessee would fare better against LSU than OU.

Be optimistic, not stupid!

They lose Hurts.

We lose 90% of our WR production, likely lose Trey Smith, lose our best LB and our best Db.
They probably lose more than Hurts. 90% of our WR production? Love to hear how you arrived at that number. And we aren’t losing Bryce Thompson and To’oto’o. So I don’t know who you are even talking about at those positions

VN Store

Back