Live scouting thread: Stanford

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
Tomorrow Sunday 8:30 p.m. ...8-0. #1 Stanford women will play 6-3 Ohio State.

As soon as someone out here in VolNation figures out the best way to view the game please share with this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Stasnford's games to this point:

Nov 5 (Tue) 7:00 PM PT
vs
Eastern Washington

Stanford, CA
W, 92-27
Box Score
Recap
Freshman Francesca Belibi had 12 points and 15 rebounds in helping No. 3 Stanford win its 21st consecutive home opener, a 92-27 rout of Eastern Washington in the first game of the season for both teams. Freshman Hannah Jump hit four consecutive 3-pointers and scored 12 points for the Cardinal, who improved to 34-12 in season openers. Freshman Ashten Prechtel scored 15 points, Kiana Williams added 11 points and Lexie Hull had 10.

Nov 9 (Sat) 3:00 PM PT
at
San Francisco

San Francisco, CA Chase Center
W, 97-71
Box Score
Recap
I had no idea," said Hull, who scored 27 points to help No. 3 Stanford beat San Francisco 97-71 Saturday in the first college basketball game played at Chase Center, the Golden State Warriors new facility in San Francisco. Alyssa Jerome added 11. Krimili scored 17 points for the Dons (1-1). Mikayla Williams added 14 points and Lucie Hoskova scored all 10 of her points in the first half. Julia Nielacna also scored 10.

Nov 14 (Thu) 7:00 PM PT
vs
Northern Colorado

Stanford, CA
W, 90-36
Box Score
Recap
Lacie Hull scored 19 points and No. 3 Stanford coasted to a 90-36 victory over Northern Colorado on Thursday night. DiJonai Carrington and Haley Jones each added 11 points for the Cardinal (3-0), which has scored at least 90 points in each of their first three games and have held opponents to an average of 44.7.

Nov 17 (Sun) 5:00 PM PT
vs
Gonzaga

Stanford, CA
W, 76-70 (OT)
Box Score
Recap
Lexie Hull was unable to play against Gonzaga last year, making a game against her hometown team this season even more special. Hull scored eight points and grabbed a big rebound in the final three minutes and No. 3 Stanford beat Gonzaga 76-70 in overtime Sunday night. After shooting under 38 percent in the first half, including a 2-of-14 effort from 3-point range, Stanford started looking to get to the basket in the second half and the adjustment paid off. "We know that sometimes the offense won't be there, so you focus on defense," Hull said. "You have to stay positive and stick together." Hull finished with 20 points and eight rebounds to help the Cardinal (4-0) avenge a 79-73 road loss to the Bulldogs (2-1) last December.
Kiana Williams scored 20 of her 22 points after halftime. Haley Jones added 11.

Nov 24 (Sun) 2:00 PM PT
vs
Buffalo

Stanford, CA
TV: Stanford Live Stream RADIO: TUNEIN
W, 88-69
Box Score
Recap
Ashten Prechtel didn't quite know what to expect when she arrived at Stanford. She continues to show she belongs. Prechtel scored 17 points and had 10 rebounds, Lexie Hull added 21 points, her third 20-plus game, and No. 3 Stanford beat Buffalo 88-69 on Sunday. "We're still building team chemistry, but everybody makes it fun to play," Prechtel said. "I'm just trying to finish around the basket." The 6-foot-5 freshman recorded her first career double-double with season highs in both categories. "She's able to bring people in and she's a good passer so she can get it to an open player," Hull said. "She helps open things up for us." Kiana Williams added 14 points for the Cardinal (5-0), which hosted the Bulls for the first time. Haley Jones had 10. Dyaisha Fair scored 24 points to lead the Bulls (4-2), which lost their second straight after opening with four wins.

GREATER VICTORIA INVITATIONAL
Nov 28 (Thu)
7:30 PM PT
California Baptist
Victoria, Canada
W, 83-78
Box Score
Recap
Nadia Fingall scored 18 points, Kiana Williams had 15 and Lexie Hull had 13 points and 10 rebounds as No. 3 Stanford held off Cal Baptist 83-78 Thursday night at the Greater Victoria Invitational. The Cardinal (6-0) built a big lead before the Lancers (7-1) rallied over the final 20 minutes with sharp 3-point shooting. Ane Olaeta led Cal Baptist with 18 points, Sydney Palma added 17 -- while going 4 for 6 from 3-point territory -- and Tiena Afu had 14 points. CBU converted 17 of 40 3-point attempts while the Cardinal were good on just 4 of 23.

Nov 29 (Fri) 7:30 PM PT
#18 Syracuse
Victoria, Canada
W, 77-59
Box Score
Recap
Hannah Jump scored 24 points, Haley Jones added 19 and Nadia Fingall had 10 points and 13 rebounds as No. 3 Stanford beat 18th-ranked Syracuse 77-59 on Friday night at the Greater Victoria Invitational. Stanford (7-0) remained unbeaten on the season, while Syracuse (3-2) lost for the second time in three games overall. "I'm really proud of our team," said Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer. "We had a lot of contributors. Our team worked really hard for us. Obviously, Hannah Jump hit some big threes for us. That's what she does, so that was great. And, Nadia Fingall had a great game for us – scoring, rebounding, talking." Jump, a freshman from San Jose, connected on eight of 13 3-point attempts.

Nov 30 (Sat) 7:30 PM PT
#10 Mississippi State
Victoria, Canada
W, 67-62
Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer's willingness to give youth a chance paid off Saturday night. Again relying on a predominantly young lineup, No. 3 Stanford won the Greater Victoria Invitational tournament championship with a 67-62 victory over No. 10 Mississippi State. "We have a very young team," VanDerveer said. "People really stepped up and it was very exciting." The Cardinal (8-0) took control in the third quarter and then held on after losses earlier in the day by top-ranked Oregon and No. 2 Baylor. "(The tournament) taught the young players a lot," VanDerveer said. "I think this (win) will help our team's confidence. (Mississippi State) are a great program and they play a very physical, aggressive brand of basketball that's hard to play against." Freshman Haley Jones led the Cardinal with 13 points while Kiana Williams added 12.

UPCOMING
Dec 15 (Sun) 5:30 PM Pacific, 8:30 Eastern
vs
Ohio State

Stanford, CA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORKS RADIO: TUNEIN
Watch
Listen
Live Stats

Dec 18 (Wed) 7:00 PM PT
vs
Tennessee

Last edited:
We have to learn from the Men's game tonight against Memphis...It was phenomenal defense effort for both teams, but we were so locked in on defense, we forgot about offense.
15-60 25% shooting
Memphis wasn't much better 19-56 34%

Final score 51-47 Memphis, yet we lead 17-5 early and didn't call a timeout until it was 23-21,,,after giving up a 16-8 run.
(Media timeouts screw up college basketball....we save the called timeouts waiting on the media TO to stop the bleeding...Guess what, players know when YOU use a timeout and what that means,,,versus a gift to both teams from the network....THERE is a difference in how they affect players...As a coach you have to stop the bleeding sometimes,,if you wait on the medics, you may already bleed out))

I watched the entire game.
We had open looks,,just didn't have concentration or focus on scoring

We got whipped on the boards 49-39
Bench points was a huge difference..UT 8 Memphis 19
4 for 26 shooting 3's

Stanford will be a war, just like the men's game was...we must learn from it

Last edited:
sure hope the Lady Vols have a better night shooting the ball...Jordan and Lamonte, combined 3-21 with 1-11 from the three...as I typed this I still can't believe it...but, as always...

GO LADY VOLS!

I just went for the upgrade for the month to add pac-12 (Spectrum) for 20.00.
I will de-upgrade at the end of the month
I am going for the Fubo tv seven day free trail since I have roku and then will cancel after the game. Had a site that used to carry the games from pac 12 but they have been disconnected.

I am going for the Fubo tv seven day free trail since I have roku and then will cancel after the game. Had a site that used to carry the games from pac 12 but they have been disconnected.

This proves who the real fans are. Tennessee should be proud. Especially Lady Vols because only a few programs in women's basketball have fans as dedicated as we are

Reactions: Volfan2012
We have to learn from the Men's game tonight against Memphis...It was phenomenal defense effort for both teams, but we were so locked in on defense, we forgot about offense.
15-60 25% shooting
Memphis wasn't much better 19-56 34%

Final score 51-47 Memphis, yet we lead 17-5 early and didn't call a timeout until it was 23-21,,,after giving up a 16-8 run.
(Media timeouts screw up college basketball....we save the called timeouts waiting on the media TO to stop the bleeding...Guess what, players know when YOU use a timeout and what that means,,,versus a gift to both teams from the network....THERE is a difference in how they affect players...As a coach you have to stop the bleeding sometimes,,if you wait on the medics, you may already bleed out))

I watched the entire game.
We had open looks,,just didn't have concentration or focus on scoring

We got whipped on the boards 49-39
Bench points was a huge difference..UT 8 Memphis 19
4 for 26 shooting 3's

Stanford will be a war, just like the men's game was...we must learn from it
We found out what it really means to have players like Williams and Schofield to open up the court for players like Bowden and Turner. Now those two guys are gonna have to figure out how to score some points under duress and also not rush their open looks. They should've been able to create more opportunities for other players than they did yesterday. Hard to win shooting 25 percent almost pulled it off due to solid defense. I am think both the men's and women's teams are a lot alike this season gonna take some huge defensive efforts against the better teams and also some growth on offense by both the Lady Vols and Men Vols.
For the Stanford game I say stay away from the threes as much as possible unless you absolutely have an open look that you can't pass up. Take the mid-range shots don't try to pass when you got one. Finally be very cautious about the pass to the post if they are being doubled or the defense is collapsing inside drive it and take the paint jumpers that will be available. We did a lot of this against Colorado State could've done a lot more. Getting to the basket if heavily guarded or a lot of traffic is not always the best shot the ten footer can be the one in that situation.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Off to do some scouting of the Kentucky team they are playing Louisville at 12 noon 1 eastern

Off to do some scouting of the Kentucky team they are playing Louisville at 12 noon 1 eastern

Yes I've been watching that game. DVR. At this point it's 10 to 5 Louisville at 4:08 and first quarter ... this is just after that charge call that the referees missed. The Kentucky player has her feet set but she extended her hands and didn't get the call. She was there in plenty of time , fully set. But when you are about to take a charge and you extend your hands to a referee it looks like you're pushing off. That's why the butt slide is so important . When taking a charge do you have to take the contact without extending your hands and finish on the butt slide and you'll get the call every time

Kiana Williams is one of those speed guards kind of like the one from UConn little five foot seven speed guard. She could give us trouble a guard like that especially one that goes to the basket every chance she gets has to be stopped on the floor. Ohio state has no shot-blocker and no intimidation whatsoever in the paint so Stanford is able to do as they will with cuts and drives to the basket

Last edited:
Stanford has a lot of high screen rolls, without the screen. Meaning they send their forward out from the low block at the high elbow and she stands there like she's going to screen and then turns and rolls to the basket getting hit with a drop pass on the way to the basket

Last edited:
Stanford has a lot of hi screen rolls without the screen. Meaning they send their forward out from the low block at the high elbow and she stands there like she's going to screen and then turns and rolls to the basket getting hit with a drop pass on the way to the basket

We need to work on taking charges this week. Stanford sends a lot of players from the elbow or top of the key on drives. That means our help defense has plenty of time to set up in the driver's Lane. Now if we just show we can take I charge will make them think about that

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back