Oklahoma is beatable next season

They lose Hurts.

We lose 90% of our WR production, likely lose Trey Smith, lose our best LB and our best Db.
Other best LB returns and will be even better. Took almost 4 complete years to become our best DB...McCullough should be there year two. Palmer should count more than 10% imo. Next man up should look way better on us than 2014. Betting I enjoy Norman even more than I did back then.

They will likely be better next year. Hurts has always been a poor passer and Grinch should have the defense playing better with another year to get his defense installed. Vols win a 10 point game.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Would be sweet if coach Riley took an NFL job,then his replacement would be working a new system in.We.Will be another year.older.with the same (pretty much)coaching staff.Players on offense second year,more famiiar.with calls etc.We played them well in Norman with B..cheered as the.lead.Now,we have coach pruitt.Everybody loses except us next year.

Other best LB returns and will be even better. Took almost 4 complete years to become our best DB...McCullough should be there year two. Palmer should count more than 10% imo. Next man up should look way better on us than 2014. Betting I enjoy Norman even more than I did back then.
We will still get beat but hopefully not as bad .

Reactions: 08Vol
I really do not want to play Oklahoma next year. Before everyone responds with the bravdo of "to be the man we have to beat the man stuff" here is my reason. I've been married 15 years. My wife is from Oklahoma. Her entire family are all sooners fans (yes lowercase). They have never known the dominant Tennessee football program I have. They look down and feel sorry for me. All the while, I remember when Oklahoma sucked so bad under Schnellenberger and Blake. I always have to act like I am not interested in college football when I am around them. Hate hearing about the sooners.

I'd rather play Oklahoma once we are truly back, not some mirage like we had under Botch Jones. We have been set back so many times and now this is the third time since 2014 to play them. Why? I'd rather play Oklahoma State and beat Gundy to a pulp for playing us like a fool....twice...during our coaching searches.

Having said that....heres to hoping Jerry Jones poaches Lincoln Riley and they have a lot of guys declare early for the draft. I can't take another loss to them.

We also return a lot of guys and we will have some new guys that could start. Just hope our QB play will be better next year if so we definitely have a shot although it's rather small. If say FPI will be 80-20 Oklahoma winning

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Losing Hurts, that will knock them down a bit, but will still be an uphill battle. A win there could set the tone for Pruitt’s official coming out party.
They're beatable, but only if they beat themselves. Need Oline to find some unity and make some major strides if we expect to control the game via TOS. Otherwise OU is going to put 40 on us.

Reactions: CB4VOLS and 08Vol

VN Store

Back