Tennessee in state high school recruits attending elsewhere.

Battle Ground Academy

Garnett Hollis 3* - Northwestern
Antonio Stevens 3* - Purdue

Reactions: RollerVol
Battle Ground Academy

Garnett Hollis 3* - Northwestern
Antonio Stevens 3* - Purdue

No offense to anyone, but kids going to Northwestern or Purdue are likely going there for a reason. Those schools are a notch below the average SEC team. As a general rule we should not be recruiting the same people as those two schools.

No offense to anyone, but kids going to Northwestern or Purdue are likely going there for a reason. Those schools are a notch below the average SEC team. As a general rule we should not be recruiting the same people as those two schools.
These two could play somewhere in the SEC, but yes, I agree for the most part.

Smyrna High School - Dallas Walker - Texas A/M or Auburn source DNJ.com

They(Aggie) have another kid from Smyrna already. He played safety is now a LB. They got CHRIS RUSSELL last year from Dyerburg. And before that the kid Tyrell Dodson who is from Nashville and now in the NFL i think. A&M has been making inroads for a few years now. LSU too.

Reactions: RollerVol
What happen with Grimes to OK?
Not sure if Grimes impressed Bama and UT enough. I don't know??? I did watch Grimes a bunch this year and production was lacking. I was hoping that Reggie would show off in the championship game, but he didn't. Graham Barton (teammate) looked more productive to me throughout the year.

And nice fish.

I get the fatigue with people griping about not getting every last tn kid, but is it possible one would want to compile a list because they want to see where the kids from instate are playing college ball?

For UT to become an Elite program again you have to be able to get the top Kids in your state. I don't care what no one has to say about that. Just imagine what our team would have looked like with likes of Tee Higgins, Jacoby Stevens, Chad Mays and Jacob Phillips just to name a few.

For UT to become an Elite program again you have to be able to get the top Kids in your state. I don't care what no one has to say about that. Just imagine what our team would have looked like with likes of Tee Higgins, Jacoby Stevens, Chad Mays and Jacob Phillips just to name a few.

12 years of sh1tty football has not helped.

NM

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I wasnt even talking about that, but ok.

In fact, i was making the point that there could be a discussion other than the same one youre harping on again.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
I agree needing to hang onto the top in-state talent and make room for them, but when you go further down the list, the staff needs to take the kids they evaluate higher.

I want Tennessee players coming to play for Tennessee just as much as the next fan, but if there is an out of state player at the same position that wants to come to Tennessee and the coaches project him higher, that’s who I want.

Just have to find that balance.

Funny thought: There’s probably some A&M fans out there wishing they would lock down Texas and stop going up to Tennessee to get kids when there are plenty in their backyard wanting to be an Aggy! Grass is greener.

lol...good point. he has no idea what's going on............
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back