Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always a little wary about buying discount store tea. Not the brand, the age. Still, if it works out, why not?

What I've tried from Taylor's of Harrogate has been pretty solid. Haven't tried their Darjeeling. Darjeelings are tough. The blends are OK, but the really good ones are the single estates, and they get super pricey because they're sold at auction. Best tea, highest price.

Still, probably the best tea I've ever had was an Arya Estate first flush Darjeeling. Fruity, creamy, super-full mouth feel, but it still had that muscatel undertone. Nowadays for something from Aya, it's like $40 for 50 grams. Might as well be looking for a different kind of leaf out of Colorado for that price.

.... and the insane thing is you go out to a restaurant for a cup of tea and they drop a Lipton bag in there and it costs you what that $40 for 50 gm tea did!!!

Plenty of excellent teas at reasonable prices. I can’t imagine I’d enjoy the super high end much more to justify those prices

No, the forum should remain the same. This thread has always allowed links and updates about recruiting. So, as of yesterday, they are no longer allowed in the recruiting thread? That’s rich.

Not what slicky said but definitely impressed with the speed of your goalposts.

Favorite plays...there's actually quite a few.

Byrd TD to ice the Miss State game
Jordan block against UK to give JG a first down on a 3rd down run
Gray's 2 long runs against Vanderbilt
JJ's TD catch against Missouri
Maurer deep pass to Calloway against Georgia
JT deep pass to Calloway against USC
Henry T tackled on the 3rd & 3 against Missouri for -2 yards on Bryant to force the punt to end the game
Warrior's INT of Tua against Bama
The 4th down stop against Kentucky

Henry T tackled on the 3rd & 3 against Missouri for -2 yards on Bryant to force the punt to end the game
Henry’s 3rd down and goal stop against Ky. Grown man tackle.

We seriously may have won 2 or more games this season in February when we signed him

I will be the first to admit, after the GA State and BYU game I really thought the Pruitt era was very close to being over before it really ever started.

Today, with no 'Orange Glasses" on, it's very clear the direction Coach Pruitt with the support of Fulmer has Tennessee heading.

Yes, it will be a few more years IMO before we are "elite" but gone are the days of worrying if we are going to be bowl eligible and hoping to win football games. I'm confident the worst era of Tennessee Football in my lifetime is behind us and we have some really fun times ahead.

Go Vols!
Agreed.

I’m not sure of the ceiling - because I think you have to be a GREAT coach to win the SEC and consequently get in the playoffs or win the title, but it seems very clear to me now we are on a path of high end stability.

We may never be elite - I’m not sure about that because the margins are so thin - but I can’t imagine a scenario in which we go back to winning 5 games a year.

Agreed.

I’m not sure of the ceiling - because I think you have to be a GREAT coach to win the SEC and consequently get in the playoffs or win the title, but it seems very clear to me now we are on a path of high end stability.

We may never be elite - I’m not sure about that because the margins are so thin - but I can’t imagine a scenario in which we go back to winning 5 games a year.
Wrong. Kirby won the SEC and made the playoffs. Isn’t a great coach.

We seriously may have won 2 or more games this season in February when we signed him

He's so good, I've not been this excited about a Freshman in a long time. Maybe Hurd was the last true freshman that had me amped up the way Henry does.

Not what slicky said but definitely impressed with the speed of your goalposts.

I’m impressed by your constant condescension. You made this something about nothing. I said I liked seeing updates in this thread when I perceived that Slicky was pushing the updates elsewhere. That’s all.

Wrong. Kirby won the SEC and made the playoffs. Isn’t a great coach.
I think he’s probably a top 10-ish head coach once you factor in his recruiting ability.

But I did think of him when I said what I did. I think he’s on the borderline. The difference is he had a roster built for him to have immediate success. He didn’t really have to build anything.

He may come back down to earth once we get further away from the Richt era. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

he was certainly a difference maker. getting trey back for the WHOLE season was huge too. Wanya being able to hold down LT for most of the year...

i mean yeah, the seniors that made hay the 2nd half should get the lion's share of credit, but i agree, w/out contributions from some key freshmen....probably don't make the strides we did.

I think he’s probably a top 10-ish head coach once you factor in his recruiting ability.

But I did think of him when I said what I did. I think he’s on the borderline. The difference is he had a roster built for him to have immediate success. He didn’t really have to build anything.

He may come back down to earth once we get further away from the Richt era. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Already happening

I’ll go with JJ’s catch against SC when he got trucked in the back of the end zone. Heck of a throw/grab.

.... and the insane thing is you go out to a restaurant for a cup of tea and they drop a Lipton bag in there and it costs you what that $40 for 50 gm tea did!!!

Plenty of excellent teas at reasonable prices. I can’t imagine I’d enjoy the super high end much more to justify those prices

You aren't kidding. There's no telling how old that tea bag is, and the water isn't even close to boiling. The water probably came out of a commercial coffee maker hot spout, and has had all the oxygen sapped right out of it.

"That'll be $3.50, sir."

Reactions: nicksjuzunk

I've said it before, Pruitt getting Henry could have possibly saved his job.

No way Ignont diagnoses and makes that play like Toot did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back