'20 TN ATH Elijah Young (Missouri Commit)

You can see all or most of his games in a single camera replay by a local company that does a bunch of HS this way. I checked this game and not sure how early the penalty was, but the tape starts with SD leading 3-0. But you can catch his season at

If you want to see him in action you can watch all or most of his games on a local site in a one camera format. Go to diamondclearmedia.com and they are the last team listed. I don't know why but this game starts with SD leading three nothing... But most of their action is there... not sure how early he got tossed.

Not sure it was him, but one of the talking heads locally also said on the radio that somebody that got tossed for targeting had the call appealed and it got overturned. This one??? Don't know.

There were two targeting penalties during the game; one for each team. Both penalties were overturned.

Last edited:
I think CJP could probably find a spot on the roster for this guy since you can never have enough speed.

I’d say we get him if the coaches really want him. I believe If they were gonna use another spot on a back it would be a much bigger back. We have the speed/agility in Gray, and don’t need to fill an important spot for worse case scenario depth u less he’d be a PWO. Hell, get that fullback with a billion yards as a pwo.

I think CJP could probably find a spot on the roster for this guy since you can never have enough speed.
I think that ship has sailed, UT offered several times back in the Spring and Summer before he committed to Mizzou and he seemed intent on leaving town.

Anyone got an update on who is after this kid.... hate it when a local kid is not a priority and/or does not strongly desire to be a Vol , but hope he lands somewhere I can pull for him most of the time...

Why should a kid that is local to Knox be a priority just because he is local? We should be recruiting kids that fit our schemes and need in that cycle. We do not need to recruit a kid just because he grew up 10 miles from the stadium.

Anyone got an update on who is after this kid.... hate it when a local kid is not a priority and/or does not strongly desire to be a Vol , but hope he lands somewhere I can pull for him most of the time...
With the "hate Tennessee " attitude of the local media, I understand why some kids in East Tennessee go away to play football. When to media feeds you crap, you begin to believe what they say. It is time to get rid of about half of hose who are the ring leaders of this stuff. We get more helpful support from the sport's media in Atlanta than we do from the media in the Knoxville area. Too many of our media have grown up under the influence of Adams and Hyams .

With the "hate Tennessee " attitude of the local media, I understand why some kids in East Tennessee go away to play football. When to media feeds you crap, you begin to believe what they say. It is time to get rid of about half of hose who are the ring leaders of this stuff. We get more helpful support from the sport's media in Atlanta than we do from the media in the Knoxville area. Too many of our media have grown up under the influence of Adams and Hyams .

I do not know the genesis of the lack of warm relationship between UT and this kid, but I am a charter member of the dump John Adams crusade. I dropped my subscription to the KNS during his CPF crusade, informed the paper of same, and did not back off when actually getting a delivered paper was a factor. I do try to not even accidentally give them any clicks. I don't think Hyams has an agenda, but is highly influenced by his own internal forces, which is not a good thing by anyone wanting consideration as a journalist. We old locals had a great run of sports guys with the Silers, Wests, Byrds, and a few others. They did not have to sugar coat their accounts of games and behind the scenes stories, But they had zero elements of snarky and backhanded cutesy in their work... I guess that was helped when we actually had competition in a two paper world. Now it appears the Jim Rome, Stephen A, Smith, and multiple ESPN influences have taken us to a place where too many folks in this type of forum think there is value in emulating snarky methods. I liked it better in years past when the VAST majority of folks really came to boards to learn things, and share real facts when they were lucky enough to be in possession of inside information. Way too many threads are overrun with unrelated junky sidebars. Freedom of speech, or freedom of arrogance? Neither are friends of expedited knowledge.

He’s waiting on Mizzou and another school. It’s not UT that ship has sailed.
I like this kid a lot it’s a shame that he didn’t want to go to UT.

I do not know the genesis of the lack of warm relationship between UT and this kid, but I am a charter member of the dump John Adams crusade. I dropped my subscription to the KNS during his CPF crusade, informed the paper of same, and did not back off when actually getting a delivered paper was a factor. I do try to not even accidentally give them any clicks. I don't think Hyams has an agenda, but is highly influenced by his own internal forces, which is not a good thing by anyone wanting consideration as a journalist. We old locals had a great run of sports guys with the Silers, Wests, Byrds, and a few others. They did not have to sugar coat their accounts of games and behind the scenes stories, But they had zero elements of snarky and backhanded cutesy in their work... I guess that was helped when we actually had competition in a two paper world. Now it appears the Jim Rome, Stephen A, Smith, and multiple ESPN influences have taken us to a place where too many folks in this type of forum think there is value in emulating snarky methods. I liked it better in years past when the VAST majority of folks really came to boards to learn things, and share real facts when they were lucky enough to be in possession of inside information. Way too many threads are overrun with unrelated junky sidebars. Freedom of speech, or freedom of arrogance? Neither are friends of expedited knowledge.
Based on everything that I have been told, UT made multiple runs at this kid. Pruitt likes him a lot.
It’s his decision not to be a Vol. Apparently, he wants to leave town to attend college.
I think he can be a solid football wherever he goes.

Based on everything that I have been told, UT made multiple runs at this kid. Pruitt likes him a lot.
It’s his decision not to be a Vol. Apparently, he wants to leave town to attend college.
I think he can be a solid football wherever he goes.

Thanks.. that is pretty much the storyline for a long time...I too believe that he will provide somebody at minimum a solid player as you state, but like most players a potential for more impact than that.... I have watched several replays of his games, The interest probably due to the fact that even though I live in Blount County, South Doyle is closer to my house than any Blount County HS.....I do fear guys like this going off and becoming the next Randall Cobb. I am tired of hearing that narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Told price at the mr football ceremony that no one at Mizzou is taking his calls now. Doesn’t know what he’s gonna do.
Hate that for him. Honestly

Regarding Tennessee though, if he’s not a take for a Mizzou team in a coaching change when you generally take just about anyone who will sign, he’s not a take here with extremely limited spots and seemingly better prospect on the doorsteps

VN Store

Back