From the Indiana board

The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.
Do what? LMAO...UT and Indiana have only played ONCE in football and UT won 27-22...Not sure what your looking at.

1988 - We beat them 27 - 22. My oldest one was 12 then. She's 43 now. Time flies. GBO.

I was also at that game. We had a big lead, then Johnny Majors got conservative and they got a slim lead. Reggie Cobb ran it down their throats in a final drive and we win narrowly.

After the game, a pretty big fight started between the fans when a UT fan loudly shouted "What's a Hoosier?" and one of her s buddies answered equally as loudly "Hoosier Daddy?"

My brother and I had my six year old son with us, near the fight. We grabbed him and ducked through the tunnel under the street to the parking lot. A memorable game.

Unfortunately, my son won't make this bowl... he's a Marine going where Uncle Sam sends him.

I was also at that game. We had a big lead, then Johnny Majors got conservative and they got a slim lead. Reggie Cobb ran it down their throats in a final drive and we win narrowly.

After the game, a pretty big fight started between the fans when a UT fan loudly shouted "What's a Hoosier?" and one of her s buddies answered equally as loudly "Hoosier Daddy?"

My brother and I had my six year old son with us, near the fight. We grabbed him and ducked through the tunnel under the street to the parking lot. A memorable game.

Unfortunately, my son won't make this bowl... he's a Marine going where Uncle Sam sends him.
All the best to your Marine. My nephew is currently stationed at Camp Pendleton awaiting his next assignment.

Not sure how many years you are talking but we played Maryland in the Peach Bowl around 03

Gaaaah. I forgot that game even happened. Man, we were worthless against Clemson and Maryland those years. But, I think the poster is referring to the 82 or 83 Peach Bowl v Indiana that we won in pretty close fashion I remember we had a great receiver that made a big play late in that one.

Jeff Francis, Reggie Cobb, two Tennessee greats! That was back in day, when I became a Vol for Life! Later came Chuck Webb (the Cobb/Webb) Andy Kelly! Damn, so many awesome memories! Anyone remember when Johnny Majors used to run the draw on like 3rd and 20, we use to call it 3rd and Majors. That was closer to the end of his career. None the less, I love those old Vols!

Just a year prior to that video; "The Orange Volunteers are the Pride of Tennessee, we already claimed the title of the SEC"! Some of the old fans will remember!

Ain't going to lie..I forget Indiana is even a state.. Same goes for Iowa...or is it Idaho? Hell..all those I states.

VN Store

Back