Rumor: Ty Chandler entering transfer portal

Chandler led the team in rushing in 2018 and 2019. He has averaged a full yard more per carry than Jordan. He was averaging a full yard more per carry than Gray until Gray exploded on Vanderbilt. We somehow have fans who think he's the worst of the three. What games are you watching?

Recency bias for Gray exploding against Vandy and the mentality that anyone recruited by Jones sucks.

That sir is my biggest complaint. We have a QB in his 4th year that can't place the ball in the correct position to a RB less than 10 yds. away. Repeatedly thrown too low, behind the receiver,etc.....Bo Nix couldn't do it either and cost Auburn against UGA. A real dang head-scratcher to me.
I couldn’t understand it all year. Ty has been productive out of the swing passes since he was a freshman.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss...Ty enters transfer portal on same day...Ty is Ole Miss legacy...just food for thought.

Reactions: krbster
Except he isn't in the portal. And Kiffin to OM happened after Ty rumor started. Try again.

It was just a theory. Us hearing of Kiffin to UM today is not the first anyone has known of it, but nice try yourself there. Don’t even care if Ty is in the portal. I was connecting some curious data points.

If Banks gets back on the team and can learn to hang on to the ball, we’ll be aight! 😎👍🏻

It was just a theory. Us hearing of Kiffin to UM today is not the first anyone has known of it, but nice try yourself there. Don’t even care if Ty is in the portal. I was connecting some curious data points.

Too much of a stretch to say Ty is entering the portal based on a Lane Kiffin rumor. Sorry, not buying it, not even close. Especially when he's not even in the portal.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Too much of a stretch to say Ty is entering the portal based on a Lane Kiffin rumor. Sorry, not buying it, not even close. Especially when he's not even in the portal.

Fair enough. I was always worried about Ty flipping to UM last minute as a legacy, he just never had a reason. Hoping my wild theory never comes to fruition.

Best of luck to him but he's not really big enough to run anyone over and he doesn't have lateral quickness to make someone miss. I think the other 2 are better options which may be why he would want to leave.

I like Chandler and he is obviously talented. But we have a crowded rb room. He could go to a mid major, be the lone feature back and get an opportunity to prove himself for the NFL.

Doubt that. Gray is a nice back with some potential, but he ain’t Chuck Webb or Jamal Lewis. If this is true, must be something more to it.
Not saying that there any truth to him leaving, just that this would be the reason more likely IMO.

Ty was been banged up later in the season. He is a quality back. I hope it’s a rumor. I do believe an extra year would benefit him as far as strength and size are concerned. If he transfers, I wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back