Greenback just got hurt on second half KO...

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
Was a tough call, originally spotted the ball at the 6 after the kickoff bounced off the returner down toward the goal line, hit at the one half yard line and bounced back toward the 2 where the returner gained possession and carried it into the endzone. It was his impetus, not the kick that carried it into the endzone and should have remained at the 6... the subsequent drive is now near the GB 10 as I pull the trigger... Hate wrong corrections, maybe more than wrong calls.

edited to add....

Lake County completed the drive and two point conversion.... The star for GB returned a short kickoff to across midfield and then on the first play the star got a backwards pass and threw a bomb for a score then they added a two point for a tie game again.. if you live in TN find the game and watch.... class 3 at 4 and class 5 later... fun watch so far...

Last edited:
Glad Tennessee was not goofy enough to offer Darrell Bailey Jr. Young man is not a football player. They ran the ball right at him to close out the game.

Not bad for a bunch of small town west Tennessee boys to win state. Congrats to Lake County and there 15-0 run to state!!!!!

They earned it but did get one more boost from the officials... when trailing by one in the fourth, on the drive to take the lead there was a fumble that GB recovered, but they ruled the runner down. I ran it back several times and was clearly a fumble. But LC was stronger all game and GB had to big play them... LC only showed problems in turning the ball over on fourth down too many times after driving the length of the field. Hope the next game is as entertaining with ALCOA and Pearl Cohn.

Reactions: RollerVol
maybe we should offer the Snyder boy from Lake County a scholly...he's headed to UTM right now...:D

GO BIG ORANGE AND GO LAKE COUNTY FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ReelfootVol
They earned it but did get one more boost from the officials... when trailing by one in the fourth, on the drive to take the lead there was a fumble that GB recovered, but they ruled the runner down. I ran it back several times and was clearly a fumble. But LC was stronger all game and GB had to big play them... LC only showed problems in turning the ball over on fourth down too many times after driving the length of the field. Hope the next game is as entertaining with ALCOA and Pearl Cohn.
If you will notice Lake County took a knee I think about twice in the last two or three mins of the game. Just to keep from running up the score.

Greenback had about 150 the year I graduated in 71. I don;t think it has averaged much more than that since then.

VN Store

Back