Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Trey Smith’s draft stock? Obviously, without the health issues, he’s a top half of first round type pick. I can’t imagine NFL teams would be willing to risk a high pick on a guy who might have to avoid contact in practice. But I also don’t know that another healthy year in college will change that thinking.
I think him racing 100 yards downfield to be the 2nd Vol to meet Eric Gray after his touchdown helps. Most lineman don't do that. Most people with blood clots in their lungs don't do that.

What is Trey Smith’s draft stock? Obviously, without the health issues, he’s a top half of first round type pick. I can’t imagine NFL teams would be willing to risk a high pick on a guy who might have to avoid contact in practice. But I also don’t know that another healthy year in college will change that thinking.

Is there any chance the next step medically is to clear him for at least some practice time each week?

If so maybe coming back is worth it but if not he needs to go it seems

My future father in law, is extremely well connected in Georgia athletics and with UGA.

He mentioned 2 guys that we got that he believes will be ALL-SEC at some point.

Wanya was one and Lowe was the other. Said that Lowe could be the best TE that Tennessee has had since Witten. I’m excited about this kid.
Any idea as to why he's not played much this year? I had high hopes for him as well.

No bet with that wording. There is a good chance they transfer when taken off $

The bet is they won’t count against the 85 the entire next 4 years finishing their careers here.
The way Hubbs worded it is common practice for these players to be added and removed from the scholarship roles. I took it to mean that they might lose it for a semester and the get it back again another semester. I could be wrong though. I don't think them losing it is cause for automatic transfer. I believe they are told up front it might not be permanent.

Reactions: BennesseeVols

Not sure, but remember that the NFL now only has 16 full pad contact practices per year. Per the CBA. Yes, it will be a risk, but I'm not sure it is as much of one as people think. NFL teams barely have real practices these days.

Edit: It's actually 14. You have to use 11 in the first 11 weeks. Of course, this doesn't include preseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJSforVols
The way Hubbs worded it is common practice for these players to be added and removed from the scholarship roles. I took it to mean that they might lose it for a semester and the get it back again another semester. I could be wrong though. I don't think them losing it is cause for automatic transfer. I believe they are told up front it might not be permanent.

Agreed. Those guys were likely promised during their PWO recruitment that they’d be put on and off scholarship as numbers permitted throughout their time here. As Hubbs said that’s common

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back