Tennessee is number 17

Especially Mo St. she had them playing like that. No 5* either. Just imagine what’s going to happen at TN with the players she can get here. ❤️
I love watching MoSt play (with all Kellie's recruits) --- they play hard, play smart, and look like they are having fun -- got to see (on TV) the MoSt win at So. Dakota, a tough place to win, and enjoyed it immensely

I imagine Kellie and Jon are as proud as they can be of the Lady Bears. If it were any other university but her Tennessee alma mater that had come calling, I seriously doubt they’d have left that excellent situation.

We jumped 6 places to #19 in the coaches poll. Pretty significant move.

Really need to win this next game over Texas. If we can get out of December with only one loss we will be in good shape. I expect Stanford will beat us, if we can at least be competitive and make it a close game it should still help us. A loss to 4-4 Texas wouldn't do us any favors. They have the talent, but absolutely no consistency. They remind me of us over the last few seasons. They might show up to play and really stun you, or they might loaf up and down and never have a shot.

$
We jumped 6 places to #19 in the coaches poll. Pretty significant move.

Really need to win this next game over Texas. If we can get out of December with only one loss we will be in good shape. I expect Stanford will beat us, if we can at least be competitive and make it a close game it should still help us. A loss to 4-4 Texas wouldn't do us any favors. They have the talent, but absolutely no consistency. They remind me of us over the last few seasons. They might show up to play and really stun you, or they might loaf up and down and never have a shot.

Yes, yes, yes. I would love so much for us to look decent against Stanford. Like you, I do not expect a win, but as long as we can avoid looking confused and undercoached while at least staying within 15, I’ll be happy. But first, yes we definitely need to beat Texas, I think it’s a must-win game. Like I said earlier, I want them to step up and have a great game that WE have to have an even greater game to beat them.

Reactions: VolBall09
I imagine Kellie and Jon are as proud as they can be of the Lady Bears. If it were any other university but her Tennessee alma mater that had come calling, I seriously doubt they’d have left that excellent situation.
Get serious, you ever been to that "excellent situation"? If you had you would understand why so few people live in the middle of America! Do you really think she would have turned down any major conference school, if so, ask yourself if you would like to double, triple your earning potential, and if an athelete at the top of the sport, would really not want a chance to coach at any school with a stock pile of young talent, in an elite conference. She would gladly of taken the job at Vandy, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Duke, Wake Forrest etc

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Don’t forget, in last year’s NCAA Tournament, highly rated Stanford beat Kellie’s Mo. St. team, 55 to 46, in the Sweet Sixteen, just a 9 point win. These are 2 different teams, but I guarantee you, Tara is not taking a win for granted for Stanford as much as some on VN are. GO LADY VOLS!

Last edited:
I would prefer we not be ranked at this point. Too early in the season especially with the schedule we have played.

While I understand where you’re coming from on this, I actually think that the optics (to recruits) would be far worse if Tennessee, at this point, were unranked than if they’re over-ranked.

Even the fact that if you go to ESPN.com to check scores, you have to make a special effort to find the scores of teams outside the Top 25, which makes it feel like they’re lower-tiered. Not a good look.

So I’m happy to have Tennessee in the media’s first group, if only for the impression that it gives. You don’t want recruits going, “Well gahhhhh... where’s Tennessee’s game? Oh. I finally found it in the ‘other games’ category.”

VN Store

Back