What Bowl helps more in recruiting?

Vfl2407

If CJP and his staff could make the pick, I’m wondering if they might pick Nashville or Memphis instead of Tampa, Jacksonville, or Charlotte.
This is ONLY based on what is best for our current recruiting. Not prestige or climate considerations.
I think it might help to get some in state targets to come to our practices when we move from Knoxville to the bowl site. Or is that such a short period of time that it doesn’t really matter?
Somebody help me out here with that question.

Reactions: LexVol71
Beating Michigan or Penn St in a close game is better than blowing out Louisville.

Of course the Florida bowls are harder competition but the reward means more.
So WHERE we play doesn’t mean more or better access to some high school targets?
That’s what I’m asking about, not the competition level.

Bowl results are vastly overblown. It doesn't really matter either way.
You are correct. There is only a small amount of additional exposure for potential recruits, and only those signing on the traditional signing day. Most of the class will be signed, sealed and delivered by the time most bowl games roll around. The biggest plus for a bowl game are those 15 extra practices.

If CJP and his staff could make the pick, I’m wondering if they might pick Nashville or Memphis instead of Tampa, Jacksonville, or Charlotte.
This is ONLY based on what is best for our current recruiting. Not prestige or climate considerations.
I think it might help to get some in state targets to come to our practices when we move from Knoxville to the bowl site. Or is that such a short period of time that it doesn’t really matter?

Win or Lose playing on New Year's Day (Citrus, Outback) or January 2nd (Gator) Bowl in Florida would be big for optics all around. IMO

Reactions: NATHAN05
The first signing period opens December 18th. Well before the bowls. So the question is really about what bowl we are going to, not our performance.
As I recall, last year most recruits signed during the first signing period.

I actually think the Gator Bowl might help for future recruiting (since early signing this year is Dec.). Its a semi marquee bowl, it's the ONLY bowl that day, high school prospects will be out of school so they're going to watch and it's a night game. Throw in a Michigan or other Big 10 powerhouse and we are going to get A LOT of eyes on us that may not have considered us previous. I think the Gator is our best shot. Outback, Music city, etc are day games piled in between other games. We would be the days only game so prospects are going to watch

Bowl results are vastly overblown. It doesn't really matter either way.
Especially since the early signing period will be over before the bowl is played.

Edit: I am just late all around on ALL my posts today. See this has been addressed already as well.

Reactions: bullet20
Where's @Ulysees E. McGill's extra salt when we need it?
I'm actually ridin the ambiguous fence on this one...I am not sure who I agree with..

I'm pretty sure losing or winning, no matter who it is against, has a negative or positive effect to some degree...The argument is.."how much effect" either has..🤷‍♂️

I think it all depends on the opponent and the circumstances.

VN Store

Back