'20 IN FB Charlie Spegal (Indiana commit)

Be nice to have a player like this on the team. FB trap or dive to throw in every now and then, plus a letter blocked than putting a. wanta be received TE in the backfield to use as a fb. JMO, but I think we should take a chance on him.

This is a big back that I think looks explosive. Not sure why the coaches haven't offered but obviously they know much better than I what they want but damn, looks good to me.

Kid had great vision, but he runs very upright and is not a natural runner. Also judging from the film, he appears to probably run in the 4.8 40 range. Just not a power 5 caliber running back. Also, because of his frame (short legs) there really isn't much possibility of further development. Great high school player that doesn't really translate to big boy college football.

This is a big back that I think looks explosive. Not sure why the coaches haven't offered but obviously they know much better than I what they want but damn, looks good to me.
Probably waiting until the last minute so Auburn, TA&M, etc. don't come swooping in. 😉

Just needs to accept the PWO offer with us, wait a year, and we'll put him on scholarship, give him a redshirt, and then see if he has what it takes.

"He started running away from people more this year," Ralph continued. "I think his speed increased. We trimmed him down some and built him back up and he was playing lighter than he was last year. He’s a different player, a lot more versatile and quicker. I still maintain his burst out of his cuts when he goes 0 to 10 yards he’s as explosive I’ve seen anybody. Obviously there are people with more top-end speed in the 40-yard dash or 100, but that's not a football guy. You need a guy that can move laterally and then have a good vertical burst after a lateral move, and Charlie is exceptional at that. So strong and explosive. He’s second to none in that 0 to 10-yard increment. He is spectacular. Whoever gets him is going to say wow we stole this kid. We absolutely stole him."

Spegal visited Tennessee earlier in the fall. Ralph isn't sure which way his standout is leaning. In addition to the on-field ferocity, Spegal has bench pressed 440 pounds, squatted 610 and cleans 315. Ralph added he ran 11.3 in the 100m dash last spring.

Historic career behind him, what's next for Charlie Spegal

"He started running away from people more this year," Ralph continued. "I think his speed increased. We trimmed him down some and built him back up and he was playing lighter than he was last year. He’s a different player, a lot more versatile and quicker. I still maintain his burst out of his cuts when he goes 0 to 10 yards he’s as explosive I’ve seen anybody. Obviously there are people with more top-end speed in the 40-yard dash or 100, but that's not a football guy. You need a guy that can move laterally and then have a good vertical burst after a lateral move, and Charlie is exceptional at that. So strong and explosive. He’s second to none in that 0 to 10-yard increment. He is spectacular. Whoever gets him is going to say wow we stole this kid. We absolutely stole him."

Spegal visited Tennessee earlier in the fall. Ralph isn't sure which way his standout is leaning. In addition to the on-field ferocity, Spegal has bench pressed 440 pounds, squatted 610 and cleans 315. Ralph added he ran 11.3 in the 100m dash last spring.
If he ran a 11.3 100m last year it's believable that a 4.6 is an accurate 40 yard time, espically if he accelerates quick and his top end speed isn't the greatest.

Reactions: BucVol98

Beast

Crappy competition... against better and faster defenses he probably wouldn’t have so many long runs, but he does follow his blockers well and has good initial vision. Also the burst is evident in the highlights... I’d like to see us get him

I wonder what D4H thinks of this guy?

Reactions: sjt18
Crappy competition... against better and faster defenses he probably wouldn’t have so many long runs, but he does follow his blockers well and has good initial vision. Also the burst is evident in the highlights... I’d like to see us get him

He's too melanin deficient for D4H to think he's any good.

Reactions: reVOLution33

He played 5A competition. Not exactly the lowest level of high school.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back