For those who care about his opinion, Coach Mathews show.

You really think the guy that made Kyle Orton into an NFL player and developed Drew Brees would not demand to start a better qb if there was one?

I hope BM is the player everyone thinks he is, but right now he's the most legendary 2 TD 5INT quarterback in UT history.

I think the better answer is that JG didn't live up to his HS ranking and that BM and Shrout are every bit the "projects" that led to them getting offers from App St., Charlotte, etc.
We likely do not have an SEC level QB on this roster.

I definitely think Pruitt and/or Chaney are sold on JG.
Ask your self this question
If BM or JTS started out 0 for 8 with one int. that gave the opponent 3 points.
Would they still be in the game.

Back to the action.
Excited about Brandon Kennedy getting a possible sixth year.
Need to find a defensive lineman that is a bull rusher in passing game.
Thinks Gibbs will be good.
Thinks Banks and Buchanan come back.
15 bowl practices huge for this coaching staff.
Doesn’t care who or where we play in bowl game.
Says the extra practice is all that matters.
Forgot about Gibbs...he'll get plenty of action w/ Palmer at WR right out of the gate. He's got talent at DB, but we've decent depth w/ DB's.

He was literally untouched on the 94-yarder. The hole was big enough for any of us posters to run through.
I'm pretty sure I'd have pulled a hamstring by the time I hit the 35 yard line.

I knew Gray was "shifty" fast, but didn't realize he had that straight line speed. Another off season, and he'll be taking more carries from the other RB's...maybe RB room not as "dire" as I thought for 2020 before the Vandy game. If Kennedy gets his sixth year (think he will), and Trey comes back, our rushing attack should be much better next year. I do think Trey is gone though...what ever he wishes to do, I wish the best for his health and career.

Tennessee DID NOT take a step backwards. They never took a step forwards. What they did was play a bunch of teams that were all sliding downhill fast. UK Mizou Vandy UAB USU all suck terribly.

We beat teams that anyone should beat. That is all. Let's stop acting like a damn miracle happened. We didn't beat Bama or UF or UGA or anyone who matters. Hell ever USC beat UGA and UT could not on our own field. They didn't do anything special except survive when they should have imploded. Which I guess is something.
the schedule definitely helped but when’s the last time you can remember us taking care of business against Vandy/Kentucky/SC/Mizzou? I’m not sure we’ve actually pulled that off since expansion in 2012.

the schedule definitely helped but when’s the last time you can remember us taking care of business against Vandy/Kentucky/SC/Mizzou? I’m not sure we’ve actually pulled that off since expansion in 2012.
2015?

I'll take that for the next year or so...that at least puts us in relevance zone. Either JG comes back and has a story book senior year from performance stand point, or think Bailey or Maurer get the chance. I'm all for JG to do great! But, yesterday good example of who he's been. All SEC type play then disappear...guess rain had something to do with it, but JG needs to work on his short pass game. 20+ yard passes are very good...towards top of SEC.
JG has never in his life played like an all Sec qb

Did we? Honestly I couldn’t remember. I just know we’ve been losing to Vandy/UK/SC/Mizzou a lot lately.
Did we? Honestly I couldn’t remember. I just know we’ve been losing to Vandy/UK/SC/Mizzou a lot lately.

Yes. UT won their last 5 games of the year and beat all of those teams. Went 8-4 in the regular season. That was the year Tennessee had all those horrid last second defeats to Florida, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

The better your roster gets, the less you rely on true Fr to fill needs.

Bituli/ILB: Henry T. as a Soph with an offseason of S&C. Banks will likely be back, JJ is developing, Crouch may end up inside, plus the Whitehaven trio.

Taylor/OLB: Kivon Bennett, Roman Harrison, Crouch, and ??? Deandre Johnson and Jordan Allen will be depth guys IMO.

Warrior/S: McCullough has been taking snaps from Theo Jackson. Flowers was ahead of both. Those 3 plus a Fr might get in the mix.

DWA/TE: Not much production lost. The two guys RSing will hopefully step up.

WR: No true Fr could be expected to replace JJ and Callaway. But we’ll have two Seniors, Palmer and Johnson, plus Gibbs which is a pretty damn good trio. With Keyton and the other young guys in the rotation I don’t think WR will be what limits the team.

OL: Lose Trey but we can better fill a spot at OG than OT. Our OL will be a more consistent unit next year, filled with lots of experienced upperclassmen plus our young studs at OT. This unit will finally not be forced to rely on Fr to come in and start.

RB, CB, QB, DL: Most likely return all of two deep.

At QB we have a top prospect coming in. IMO it’s unlikely he can beat out the 3 guys ahead of him but if he does that’s a good sign for his future. Regardless of who the starter is I expect the unit to be improved as a whole over this season. Another year with Chaney should benefit everyone.

All things considered, it would be nice to sign an elite OLB/ pass rusher who could immediately contribute but we really don’t need any Fr to come in and start.

Agreed on the true freshmen contributing comments to an extent but recruiting doesn't need to be strictly limited to freshmen either.

I'd love to see them get a Jamal Lewis type who could force their way to the top of the RB depth chart and push Chandler and Jordan down a notch. I like those guys but they aren't really difference makers that other teams are going to scheme for at this point. An in between the tackles guy to pair with Gray on the outside would make an improved 1-2 punch next season.

Finding a transfer or JUCO WR would help solidify that position next season IMO. A Kelly Washington type ( from production not character standpoint) would do a lot for this offense. Having someone who can be the alpha in a group of unproven players would help.

Same thing for some outside rushing for the defense. Getting pressure out of the d line and OLB would make the secondary look better as well.

You mention the Whitehaven trio to bolster the LB depth situation.

Recruiting isn't limited to getting them committed, they have to get them signed and enrolled too.

I'm sure the staff is on top of it but don't think the class can afford any late defections. They have a little more than 2 weeks to solidify who they have and hopefully get them enrolled early.

To take a phrase from the General, it's time to put on more steam in recruiting.

Agreed on the true freshmen contributing comments to an extent but recruiting doesn't need to be strictly limited to freshmen either.

I'd love to see them get a Jamal Lewis type who could force their way to the top of the RB depth chart and push Chandler and Jordan down a notch. I like those guys but they aren't really difference makers that other teams are going to scheme for at this point. An in between the tackles guy to pair with Gray on the outside would make an improved 1-2 punch next season.

Finding a transfer or JUCO WR would help solidify that position next season IMO. A Kelly Washington type ( from production not character standpoint) would do a lot for this offense. Having someone who can be the alpha in a group of unproven players would help.

Same thing for some outside rushing for the defense. Getting pressure out of the d line and OLB would make the secondary look better as well.

You mention the Whitehaven trio to bolster the LB depth situation.

Recruiting isn't limited to getting them committed, they have to get them signed and enrolled too.

I'm sure the staff is on top of it but don't think the class can afford any late defections. They have a little more than 2 weeks to solidify who they have and hopefully get them enrolled early.

To take a phrase from the General, it's time to put on more steam in recruiting.
For a great low rate you can get online, go to the General and save some time?

VN Store

Back