The 2019 NFL Season Thread

I love seeing the Pats lose but knowing that the Titans are pulling for the Patriots makes this extra sweet.

1) Ever since the Oilers moved to Tennessee our attendance has suffered. People who would regularly come to games from Nashville now have to decide between spending their money on The Vols or The Titans.
2) I've always hated the Titans for having the nerve to call themselves Tennessee. It’s confusing, they should have been the Nashville Titans.

I took this from a Minnesota article.....
”The Minnesota Golden Gopher football program has had real trouble gaining and maintaining a strong fan base over the past 40 years or so. For some folks, the reason why is simple: the downfall of the once powerful Gopher program coincides almost exactly with the creation and rise of the NFL Minnesota Vikings. Since the late 60's Minnesota has been dominated by the Vikings, and the Gophers have been a complete afterthought.”

1) Ever since the Oilers moved to Tennessee our attendance has suffered. People who would regularly come to games from Nashville now have to decide between spending their money on The Vols or The Titans.
2) I've always hated the Titans for having the nerve to call themselves Tennessee. It’s confusing, they should have been the Nashville Titans.

I took this from a Minnesota article.....
”The Minnesota Golden Gopher football program has had real trouble gaining and maintaining a strong fan base over the past 40 years or so. For some folks, the reason why is simple: the downfall of the once powerful Gopher program coincides almost exactly with the creation and rise of the NFL Minnesota Vikings. Since the late 60's Minnesota has been dominated by the Vikings, and the Gophers have been a complete afterthought.”
100% hogwash

They’re the TN Titans to broaden their market interest.
Exactly my point. The Titans are competing with The Vols. By naming them Tennessee instead of Nashville you broaden your market which hurts our attendance.

Exactly my point. The Titans are competing with The Vols. By naming them Tennessee instead of Nashville you broaden your market which hurts our attendance.
Seems to be ok at tOSU (2 pro teams). Or PSU

My point is, more opposing fans (Eagles, Pats, Bills, Chiefs) go to Titans games than Titan “fans.” They haven’t hurt the Vols at all
Good, hope they move to a city that would support them.
St Louis Titans has a nice ring to it, oh wait Missouri Titans so they can broaden their market interest.

I’m completely disagreeing with you. The Vols were regularly drawing 105,000+ in big games when the Titans were here.

VN Store

Back