Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

We beat the teams in conference we were supposed to beat. Something we haven’t done in forever. We’re not yet to the point of complaining about the quality of conference wins, imo. We took care of business in the conference, if you will.
I think we should be very pleased with the way we turned it around. The most impressive thing is that the team did not quit after BYU. I also think we should understand our win streak was against not good teams. On top of that, it was over teams that took huge steps back, from a year ago. Not our problem they are worse. But it’s the reality.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
What? The thread is about the fact that we’ve made progress and we’ve come further than most even realize. We have to compete with the big boys eventually, and nobody truly knows if Pruitt can get us to an elite level, but we can celebrate the progress we’ve seen the last two seasons. You don’t have to fall in love to recognize progress, that’s all.

I mean, we just won seven games, five in the conference, broke the Vandy and South Carolina streaks, went undefeated in November, are bowl bound for the first time in way too long, finished a respectable third in the East and some of you guys feel the need to be all “I’m not sold! Too many excuses!”

You come on, man. Lol.

I’ll admit that I’m still not sold on Pruitt, he lost 2 games he shouldn’t have and won none that he shouldn’t have. The man has more blowout loses in 2 years than any UT coach in their entire tenure so I’m not apologizing for being hesitant about him. I‘m ecstatic about the way the season turned out but I’m a UT fan, not a coach fan.

I think we should be very pleased with the way we turned it around. The most impressive thing is that the team did not quit after BYU. I also think we should understand our win streak was against not good teams. On top of that, it was over teams that took huge steps back, from a year ago. Not our problem they are worse. But it’s the reality.
I don’t disagree. At the same time, you are what your record says you are and we beat the teams in front of us, four of them as underdogs.

I don’t disagree. At the same time, you are what your record says you are and we beat the teams in front of us, four of them as underdogs.
You are just trying to get me to renew my paid subscription.

In all honesty I have no clue how to reflect on this season. My only real take away is we didn’t quit. And that’s a step in the right direction.

I’ll admit that I’m still not sold on Pruitt, he lost 2 games he shouldn’t have and won none that he shouldn’t have. The man has more blowout loses in 2 years than any UT coach in their entire tenure so I’m not apologizing for being hesitant about him. I‘m ecstatic about the way the season turned out but I’m a UT fan, not a coach fan.
You’re missing my point. Nobody is asking you to be sold. Nobody says you can’t be hesitant about him. Hesitate away. Thread is about progress. We’ve made some. We’re going bowling. That should be pleasing as a “not a coach fan” or a UT fan.

I’m pumped about getting to seven wins and going bowling. I might break out some Rocky Top later and even “woo”. Because @GAVol loves the woo.

You are just trying to get me to renew my paid subscription.

In all honesty I have no clue how to reflect on this season. My only real take away is we didn’t quit. And that’s a step in the right direction.
You’re right about not quitting. I think it says a lot about Pruitt that he didn’t lose the team. Also says a lot about our seniors. And as Pruitt pointed out after the game, it says a lot about our younger guys who were willing to be led.

You’re right about not quitting. I think it says a lot about Pruitt that he didn’t lose the team. Also says a lot about our seniors. And as Pruitt pointed out after the game, it says a lot about our younger guys who were willing to be led.
Agreed 100%

Reactions: Willy999

I get it....

Last year when we beat 2 ranked teams at Auburn and home against KY mean nothing because we didn't have the depth to beat two teams in Mizzou and Vandy last year who were better than us....so.....those 2 bad losses against SUPERIOR teams NEGATED our SEC victories against ranked opponents in Auburn and Kentucky.

Now this YEAR---our wins against those same teams---KY, MIZZOU, and VANDY--are negated because ....for whatever reason that is convenient to support your own ignorant opinion.

I get it......YOU'RE just too STUPID to understand anything about football!

Reactions: dd4vols and vols40
I get it....

Last year when we beat 2 ranked teams at Auburn and home against KY mean nothing because we ran didn't have the depth to beat two teams in Mizzou and Vandy last year who were better than us....so.....those 2 bad losses against SUPERIOR teams NEGATED our SEC victories against ranked opponents in Auburn and Kentucky.

Now this YEAR---our wins against those same teams---KY, MIZZOU, and VANDY--are negated because ....for whatever reason that is convenient to support your own ignorant opinion.

Wonder when was the last time we beat Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina and Missouri? Anyone know off the top of their head?

I get it....

Last year when we beat 2 ranked teams at Auburn and home against KY mean nothing because we didn't have the depth to beat two teams in Mizzou and Vandy last year who were better than us....so.....those 2 bad losses against SUPERIOR teams NEGATED our SEC victories against ranked opponents in Auburn and Kentucky.

I get it......!
Those wins last year were great. Then we crapped the bed. Then we continued to crap the bed to start this year. Then our best win this year is against a 7 win team. Nor did I negate anything.

Let me ask you this. What win this year was better then the Auburn or Kentucky win from last year? What losses this year were worse?

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88
Wonder when was the last time we beat Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina and Missouri? Anyone know off the top of their head?

I don't think we have....We lost to S. Carolina the last time we beat Mizzou at home when Dobbs ran wild....

You’re missing my point. Nobody is asking you to be sold. Nobody says you can’t be hesitant about him. Hesitate away. Thread is about progress. We’ve made some. We’re going bowling. That should be pleasing as a “not a coach fan” or a UT fan.

I’m pumped about getting to seven wins and going bowling. I might break out some Rocky Top later and even “woo”. Because @GAVol loves the woo.

I’m woo hater too but I’ll give you a big WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

See you at the bowl game.

Reactions: Willy999 and Freak

Agreed!

We're currently ranked 20th in the nation by 247, that sucks? We also have a 2* punter which brings our ranking down and only 18 commits. It's highly likely our ranking improves a few slots. How does that suck?
When you look at where we rank within the conference, that needs to improve some. But I’m not writing off anything until we see how it looks when the class is finalized. To this point, though, I have more faith in Pruitt’s talent evaluation than I have in prior regimes. Plus he seems to be developing guys. Time will tell.

I get it....

Vandy and Mizzou were not more talented than us last year.

VN Store

Back