Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

Because sharing that the program is on an upward trajectory means you’re falling in love?
Hog88 is virulently anti-Pruitt, he’s made that 100% known from the get. Pruitt could go 15-0 with a national title and unscored on next year and he still wouldn’t “fall in love” with him.

Last edited:
I'm with you my piggy friend.

I have caught crap for saying this in other threads; our record is 7-5... but this is not a 7-5 team. Talent wise we are a solid 6-6.
Wait....so we should have beaten Ga St and BYU, but we didn't and still finished 7-5, but we're still not as good as our record says we are?

Me too.

I’d love it if Pruitt answered “look we screwed up but it will never happen again on my watch”
Eh.

I dont need him to explain the obvious nor call a shot.

Hes not winning or losing games in front of the media.

It's exactly like CJP said and the subject of FREAK's original post....
It takes someone who actually knows something about football to recognize just how far CJP and staff has brought this football team from where they found them.

Understanding that it has been a phenomenal job fully acknowledges the ups and downs along the way.

But if you really can't see how phenomenal CJP has performed----your football IQ must be in the negative numbers.
SMH...

Maybe I don’t have a high football IQ but can you tell me with your high football IQ who we beat with more talent than we have?

Reactions: 08Vol
I love that we are on an upward trend. I’m just not ready to love Pruitt yet.

Sorry but the last 3 guys have soured me.

You're not wrong. We should celebrate the way we finished the season. But when we look back there will still be a lot of unanswered questions about whether or not Pruitt is really THE ONE. We all hope he proves that he is, but I don't think he has proven it yet.

Reactions: 08Vol and hog88
Hog88 is virulently anti-Pruitt, he’s made that 100% known from the get. Pruitt could go 15-0 with a national title and I scored on next year and he still wouldn’t “fall in love” with him.

And you’d be wrong. I’m not anti-Pruitt at all, he just still has a lot to prove and I’m hoping like hell he proves to be the best HC in college football.

You're not wrong. We should celebrate the way we finished the season. But when we look back there will still be a lot of unanswered questions about whether or not Pruitt is really THE ONE. We all hope he proves that he is, but I don't think he has proven it yet.
Or maybe he’s a first time head coach who at least appears to be getting better on the job.

I have no idea how good I think we can be under this guy but I have more hope than I’ve had in years.

Or maybe he’s a first time head coach who at least appears to be getting better on the job.

I have no idea how good I think we can be under this guy but I have more hope than I’ve had in years.

Yep, I am hopeful again and its a damn nice feeling.

I am well pleased with Pruitt with the exception of qb choices. I don't understand how and why he sticks with jg, after his mistakes and is very quick to pull the other two qb at just the hint of a mistake. They don't have to throw an int. or fumble to get pulled. Just don't understand they whys. Like today jg started out terrible, not just bad, but terrible.

I honestly believe it when they say JG is the better of the 3 presnap. Is on the other 2 to get there. These extra practices should help. Can't hurt having 30 additional practices before next year's fall camp

Weren’t we underdogs in every conference game this year except today? Or you’re saying the season is a failure because we didn’t bear UGA, UF or Bama?
I don’t think he’s saying it was a failure. Just that CP still has a lot to prove to him.

And if that is what he’s saying, then I agree with him as well.

Reactions: 08Vol and jacvols
Yep, I am hopeful again and its a damn nice feeling.
too many people speak in absolutes.
I now think this guy is the best actual coach we’ve had since Fulmer. I suspect based upon improvement this year that he’ll have us competitive again at some point. How quickly will be based on how fast he continues to improve. It will be interesting to see how we start the next season

Weren’t we underdogs in every conference game this year except today? Or you’re saying the season is a failure because we didn’t bear UGA, UF or Bama?

I haven’t said the season was a failure. All I’ve said is Pruitt still has a lot to prove.

You posted once in this thread that you’re happy. The other 10-12 posts convey the opposite, which call into question the truthfulness of the happy post.

One can be pleased with the trajectory yet not be sold on Pruitt. At one point the same argument could have been made for Butch.

The revolving door since 2009 is good enough reason for anyone to take a wait and see approach.

And you’d be wrong. I’m not anti-Pruitt at all, he just still has a lot to prove and I’m hoping like hell he proves to be the best HC in college football.
All of this because of a quote that was in my OP stating we’ve come a long way? Nobody said anything about falling in love or anointing him as the next “dabo” except for you.

You posted once in this thread that you’re happy. The other 10-12 posts convey the opposite, which call into question the truthfulness of the happy post.

How so? I’m happy the way the season ended up, I’m just not sold on Pruitt yet. I want him to be the greatest ever because that would be the best for UT.

VN Store

Back