Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

And this quote goes so well with what he said a few weeks ago when he referenced JJ being reinstated. Paraphrasing "I asked everyone in the building about Juan, he's here, then no longer work here!"

CJP knows good football players when he sees them. He knows how to develop them. NOW he is learning how to do the same as a head coach. We ain't done yet, but with the 2020 schedule and what we are returning, I am excited!!!!
GO VOLS!

I am well pleased with Pruitt with the exception of qb choices. I don't understand how and why he sticks with jg, after his mistakes and is very quick to pull the other two qb at just the hint of a mistake. They don't have to throw an int. or fumble to get pulled. Just don't understand they whys. Like today jg started out terrible, not just bad, but terrible.

I'll say this: the defense has improved more than any point in the past ten years. The offensive line, receivers, and running game have made good strides. The QB situation is one that I'll just refrain from commenting on, deferring to Chaney, Weinke, and Martin to fix. It's a concern.

If we continue to improve we win the East within 2-3 years and by default will be
In the race for the final 4. Time will tell. Enjoy the ride.

Did you listen to it? He didn’t make excuses for the start. He actually took the blame at one point.

And he always has in every single interview!!

CJP has done a phenomenal job over his first 2 years.....

I loved his post-game comments about the trajectory of this program!
He's got something VERY POSITIVE to sell recruits who are considering us.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yeah hate to break it to you but transfers count against the 25.

it’s always confusing how they count some of the early enrollees and transfers...if you didn’t sign your full 25 the previous year or if not all of the 25 enrolled sometimes they sign a player and count him against last years class...I’ve heard the talking heads day that..

Since 85 is the max I imagine everyone has less than 85 scholarshi players available - especially late in the season with injuries. We might be a little lower because of players quitting as part of the coaching transition but I don’t think we’re really more handicapped than others...

If I’m not mistaken we beat 2 teams this season with winning records so I’m going to wait to judge .

If I’m not mistaken we haven’t been to a bowl since 2016 and have a chance at 8-5 in year 2 of a significant rebuild. It’s ok to be happy today instead of constantly dwelling on the 0-2 start.

And he always has in every single interview!!

CJP has done a phenomenal job over his first 2 years.....

I loved his post-game comments about the trajectory of this program!
He's got something VERY POSITIVE to sell recruits who are considering us.

GO VOLS!

We’ve got different definitions of “phenomenal”.

Reactions: 08Vol
No I didn’t.

Sorry but the guy still has a lot of work to do before I fall in love with him.
Uuuh. Mmmmm. Alrighty, then. Maybe you'll think I've got a...uh...phobia or something, but I just don't relate to other male's in that manner. 'Seriously doubt, too, that your not loving him yet will bother Coach Pruitt one itty bit.

It’s obvious that this November team is a much improved team from the September squad.

We all knew a culture shift had to happen if we were to find success again. I believe I’ve seen evidence of that and feel much more optimistic about the trajectory of the program.

I really believed this was a 3 win team coming out of the BYU game.

I was thinking possibly 5 wins after BYU. Really good to see the change of attitude that honestly started in the Georgia game and to this point they never really lost it.

If I’m not mistaken we beat 2 teams this season with winning records so I’m going to wait to judge .
I'm with you my piggy friend.

I have caught crap for saying this in other threads; our record is 7-5... but this is not a 7-5 team. Talent wise we are a solid 6-6.

Those sound like two unattractive matchups.

we need to wait until the CFP selects their 4. I hoping LSU crushes Georgia but if the dawgs should upset LSU they might both get in...but assuming they don’t the SEC teams not in the playoff will probably be ranked:
Georgia
Alabama
Florida
Auburn
TAMU
Tennessee
Kentucky
Miss State

So we probably get an Indiana or similar...

We’ve got different definitions of “phenomenal”.

It's exactly like CJP said and the subject of FREAK's original post....
It takes someone who actually knows something about football to recognize just how far CJP and staff has brought this football team from where they found them.

Understanding that it has been a phenomenal job fully acknowledges the ups and downs along the way.

But if you really can't see how phenomenal CJP has performed----your football IQ must be in the negative numbers.
SMH...

Uuuh. Mmmmm. Alrighty, then. Maybe you'll think I've got a...uh...phobia or something, but I just don't relate to other male's in that manner. 'Seriously doubt, too, that your not loving him yet will bother Coach Pruitt one itty bit.

It won’t bother him one bit.

It's exactly like CJP said and the subject of FREAK's original post....
It takes someone who actually knows something about football to recognize just how far CJP and staff has brought this football team from where they found them.

Understanding that it has been a phenomenal job fully acknowledges the ups and downs along the way.

But if you really can't see how phenomenal CJP has performed----your football IQ must be in the negative numbers.
SMH...
Yeah hog. You don’t know nuffin’

I'm with you my piggy friend.

I have caught crap for saying this in other threads; our record is 7-5... but this is not a 7-5 team. Talent wise we are a solid 6-6.

We have more talent than our 7-5 record shows. We are 7-5 because of coaching.

I love that we are on an upward trend. I’m just not ready to love Pruitt yet.

Sorry but the last 3 guys have soured me.

I agree with this. I’m in wait and see mode.

Big marketing hype, orange pants, bricks...

I’m waiting to see big in conference wins. I’m still pleased with the strides this team has made. I thought their season was over in week 3.

VN Store

Back