Interesting comment by Pruitt during his postgame press conference

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Asked about how far the program has come...

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."

Attrition. Several medical retirements like Kirkland. Several transfers. Some just quit.

We just won 6 of 7 games playing teams with 20 something more players than us

That's an extra player for every starting position on both sides of the ball...that would only be 22. Think about that.

CJP should be coach of the year. Most other years he would have been. LSU is great though. Wont happen this year. I think we have 62? Out of 85 scholarship players allowed. Amazing.

Bad thing is with the new hard cap on recruiting it will be several years before we have a full boat. Probably 3....

Butch signed 30 players his first season. Pruitt can only sign 25 period.

Attrition. Several medical retirements like Kirkland. Several transfers. Some just quit.

We just won 6 of 7 games playing teams with 20 something more players than us

That's an extra player for every starting position on both sides of the ball...that would only be 22. Think about that.

CJP should be coach of the year. Most other years he would have been. LSU is great though. Wont happen this year. I think we have 62? Out of 85 scholarship players allowed. Amazing.

Bad thing is with the new hard cap on recruiting it will be several years before we have a full boat. Probably 3....

Butch signed 30 players his first season. Pruitt can only sign 25 period.
We probably stock up on transfers during the offseason to supplement the 25 we will sign this recruiting class to get us up to 85 scholarship players.

I’ve heard that too but how is it possible. We’ve only had handful of players leave the program and we’ve signed full classes each year? How can we be 20+ scholarship players short?
That number was used for “available” scholarship players. We have more scholarship guys than that. Seems like it was 71 or something like that.

"Unless you were here the first day that I walked in this building, I don't think you understand how far we actually have come. Coach Fulmer was here. It's a long ways. I can assure you that."

CJP: "From the moment I walked in this building, I could tell things were really Butched up bad. We had to Re-Dooley almost every process to get back to Tennessee Football! We still have a long way to go but the days where other SEC teams dread that annual Tennessee arse whippin is coming sooner than folks think!"

And this quote goes so well with what he said a few weeks ago when he referenced JJ being reinstated. Paraphrasing "I asked everyone in the building about Juan, he's here, then no longer work here!"

CJP knows good football players when he sees them. He knows how to develop them. NOW he is learning how to do the same as a head coach. We ain't done yet, but with the 2020 schedule and what we are returning, I am excited!!!!
GO VOLS!

We did and I like how we finished. I want us to break the streak of starting slow and unprepared next season.

I believe we will and things will continue to trend upward. So much was culture, which has improved drastically. As recruiting improves (and it will) things will just get better and better. I think we finally have a real football coach.

VN Store

Back