'20 IN FB Charlie Spegal (Indiana commit)

Osborne was giving all 100 of those "walk ons" scholarships but calling them academic or civics or something and not counting them against the football program, I have been told. idk
Nebraska had the lowest tuition of any land grant institution.It was only like 1000 or 1500 a semester back then. So they would award a scholarship to every county in the state.Just so happened they were all to football players.They got some good players out of the program. I believe Grant Winstrom was one of those players.

Nebraska had the lowest tuition of any land grant institution.It was only like 1000 or 1500 a semester back then. So they would award a scholarship to every county in the state.Just so happened they were all to football players.They got some good players out of the program. I believe Grant Winstrom was one of those players.
You're right. And it was a machine.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Anyone made the Jacob Hester comparison yet? Besides the fact they’re both white, FB/RB/HB hybrid who was an LSU fan favorite for how hard he played..

I don't think race has anything to do with this, but I think he reminds me of Rocky Bleier, or maybe a young Mike Alstott

Yes, PWO’s can be placed on scholarship going into their 2nd year. Going into their 3rd year, they can be placed on scholly without taking up an initial counter, so they count against the 85 but not the 25.
Actually the rule changed recently. Now they only have to be on campus for one academic year before going on scholarship to avoid being an initial counter.

Nope. Grant Wistrom graduated from Webb City High School in Webb City, MO. They're VERY proud of that here.

source: I live in this cesspool called Webb City, two miles from Cardinal Stadium

Nope. Grant Wistrom graduated from Webb City High School in Webb City, MO. They're VERY proud of that here.

source: I live in this cesspool called Webb City, two miles from Cardinal Stadium
Gotcha I wasn't 100% sure and was to lazy to look it up.Wasnt he a walk on though.

I want this kid.... what are coaches seeing that depicts a Walk-on? Kid set the state record for TDs in a season and I doubt it will ever be broken.
Maybe just not impressed with Indiana 5A competition? Idk just speculation but that sounds like a bunch of slow caucasians.

Maybe just not impressed with Indiana 5A competition? Idk just speculation but that sounds like a bunch of slow caucasians.
They play some of the best 6A teams, teams that regularly have kids go to ND, Michigan and other big 10 teams, during the regular season and win just as easily.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
They play some of the best 6A teams, teams that regularly have kids go to ND, Michigan and other big 10 teams, during the regular season and win just as easily.
Good info! Are the regular D1 guys typically SEC speed defensive skill players? Just this season, cross referencing their schedule and 247 rankings, the 2 highest rated defensive players they’ve faced this season are both white 3 star OLBs, committed to Louisville and Miami Ohio. I just don’t see this coaching staff - who are obsessed with speed and size, and are career-long Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, etc recruiters - respecting the defensive talent in Indiana. Maybe I’m wrong!

VN Store

Back