Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Stanford, UConn, Oregon State, and in the right bracket MD could get to the final four.
Massive MD & Brenda Frese skeptic here! Lol. If they make it that far though, they've earned it. I'd love to see a mid major make the last spot. How far can Mo State go this year?

This year I think SC can win it all...they have more talent on their bench than any other starting 5. I think their turkey will taste very good after this holiday tournament too.
What ?? SC has "more talent on their bench than any other starting 5" ??
SC's bench has more talent than Oregon's starting 5 (To name just one team) ?
Whatever you're smoking, pass it over.

Time will tell bubear. I will take the sc talent over other teams and I believe they will be a force this year as well as the next few years with their existing talent. I may change my mind after this weekend, but not about their talent only that they will need to develop more.

Indiana really controlling the tempo of this game. They do such a great job of getting the best shot on offense, making the extra pass every time. South Carolina looks asleep. I expect they’ll have a little more pep in their step for the second half.

Indiana really controlling the tempo of this game. They do such a great job of getting the best shot on offense, making the extra pass every time. South Carolina looks asleep. I expect they’ll have a little more pep in their step for the second half.

Indiana up 46-44 in the 3rd and USC’s Boston already has 4 fouls.

Reactions: VolBall09
ND lost to FGCU by 9 today in a holiday tournament. Having to play 3 games in 3 days, with a very short bench, it's possible that they will go 0-3 for the tournament. This should be exhibit A in the discussion of how large a roster a team should carry. ND had 7 viable players (plus a few walk-ons), then 2 of the 7 went down with injuries.
What ND is going to do in the next 2 games will be very interesting. Does Muffet play the starting five 35+ minutes each game, in an effort to win ? While this would maximize their chances of winning, it would also expose the starting 5 to an increased chance of injury.

Time will tell bubear. I will take the sc talent over other teams and I believe they will be a force this year as well as the next few years with their existing talent. I may change my mind after this weekend, but not about their talent only that they will need to develop more.
I guess I was wrong about SC!!! Lots of good games this weekend. I guess we are seeing teams playing real competition

Indiana beats USC 71-57. Boston and Harris fouled out.

Game was called really tight the entire time. A lot of them were definite fouls though. Pretty physical game both ways. Indiana got away with a few because they were so undersized.
SC players didn’t help themselves with how much they spoke to the officials. Way too much jawing at them after the call, surprised there wasn’t a tech.

Game was called really tight the entire time. A lot of them were definite fouls though. Pretty physical game both ways. Indiana got away with a few because they were so undersized.
SC players didn’t help themselves with how much they spoke to the officials. Way too much jawing at them after the call, surprised there wasn’t a tech.

If you have big`s in the post you need to go to work, On the offensive end and defensive end Oklahoma St had no answer for Oregon Hebard today none. She had 30 pts 18 rbs

Reactions: VolBall09
This is more evidence that we need to try to get Indiana on future schedules. They’ve really got a good thing going up there.

After watching every SC game thus far along with checking the competition across our conference, I believe SC will win every SEC game by at least 13-15 points this year. You may not see any dominant team in our conference but I don't see who is going to knock SC off in the SEC. If I wind up being wrong I'll gladly eat a nice helping of crow. Just my worthless 2 cents.

I'll take that bet...

Stanford and California Baptist (??) neck and neck with four minutes left in the 4th quarter, 75-73. What a wild night of basketball.

CBU has hit 17 threes!! 45% from three tonight. Wow.

Paradise Jam:

#17 Indiana 71 #5 USCe 57

#2 Baylor 89 Washington St 66

Last edited:
I agree with the following post:

Chibears2 4:07p, 11/28/19

Interestingly enough, I didn't think the Ducks looked overly awesome, but then they showed the score breakdown by quarters and I understood why. I didn't tune in until right before half. Even though the Ducks won, they were out scored by OSU in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. They just got up so big in first quarter. We can definitely play with them. Showed our team sitting in stands.

Oregon can be had by a more talented and defensive minded team than Okie Lite.

It's alright to think you have a good team but don't go overboard when it is dominated by freshmen that are playing most of the minutes. I believe SC will be very good by the end of the season and are a good team now. You have to find somebody that can make a three or make people stop taking them. I don't think 2 of 19 from the three is gonna get it done and getting your big center only 6 shots in a game is a formula for disaster. I will say that SC got a very good draw in the SEC playing most of the best teams at home so they do have a shot at going undefeated in the league this season. They are not winning every SEC game by 13 to 15 points that is a ridiculous statement.

Reactions: volnationnj
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
I'm still a novice in women's basketball until
I found volnation. Obviously you posters know
alot more about the other teams than I do.
I really like our SEC teams and can't wait until
KJH gets us competitive again. I've always
liked Vic S and Dawn S, real professional
coaches in my opinion.Even Pat Summit
Praised Dawn in her last book. Just really
hoping to make a good showing in SEC play
This year where some respect will be brought
back to Tennessee.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back